Sequel: Rhinestone Eyes.
Status: Complete.

Kids With Guns

Sixteen.

May 1, 2011. Sunday
10:15 AM.

“Mummy!”

Sierra opened her eyes adjusting to the light that was in the room, she rubbed her eyes and looked at Tommy, and she smiled because he looked so happy.

“Wha’ is it baby?”

“Daddy is ‘ere!”

Ben sat up on the side of her as soon as Tommy said that ‘daddy’ was here. Sierra furrowed her brows and slowly got out of the bed, she was wearing a shirt that had grown too small now and a pair of sleep shorts, when she stood up Tommy reached up to her belly and Sierra sat down letting him touch her belly, it made him happy. He was very excited for a little brother or sister.
Ben smiled at the sight in front of him.

“Yeh belly is getting’ big mummy.”

She kissed his head; his soft hair smelled her shampoo that she gladly let him use last night.

“I know Tommy, is exciting huh?”

He nodded and grabbed her hand.

“Now come on Daddy is ere’!”

Sierra got up and followed him down the hall, then down the stairs. When she heard what sounded like arguing she stopped and picked him up, he looked at her confused and she brought her finger to her lips telling him to be quiet and he brought both hands to his mouth.

“I don’t even know why yeh ‘ere, yeh never wan’ to see ‘m.”

“Well I do now.”

“Why all the sudden do yeh think yeh can jus’ show up and make everything better!”

“I don’.”

To Sierra’s surprise Oli was being quiet accepting with Danny’s yelling.

“I jus’ wan’ to see ‘im, why is tha’ so bad? Yeh don’ understand yeh don’t ‘ave a kid.”

Danny didn’t reply and Sierra started down the stairs with Ben now behind her. When she reached the bottom step she set Tommy down and he ran over Oliver. Oliver picked him up and Tommy hugged him around his neck. Oli was never told that Sierra was pregnant, mostly because only her family knew about it, and that family didn’t involve Oliver.
But he knew right away when he saw her, he just looked at her then down to her little but obvious belly

She smiled at him weakly, seeing that he looked worse than he had when the tour ended.
Tommy struggled to get down until Oliver set him down and he went in a full on sprint over to Danny.

Sierra walked over to Oli.

“Yeh wan’ to take him? How long? He hasn’t seen you in over a month.”

“Yeh pregnant?”

“I didn’ ask yeh abou’ tha’.”

“I don’ know, bout a week.”

“Look today is Sunday, so yeh can ‘ave ‘im until Wednesday.”

“Okay…Tha’s fine. How far are you?”

“Why do yeh think is any of yeh business?”

He was silent and looked down at his feet.

“Tommy babe, I need yeh to pack up enough clothes to go with dad til Wednesday.”

“Will you ‘elp me?!”

He ran over to Sierra leaving his apple sauce and juice box at the table.

“Of course sweet ‘art.”

She picked him up of the ground.

“You too Daddy!”

Oliver smiled and followed them up to his room. Oli had never seen Tommy’s room but he liked it. It was a little messy but well-kept for a four year old. Sierra grabbed a back pack from the closet and started helping him pack up some clothes.

“Come on yeh need to get dressed.”

“I am!”

“No yeh wearing PJ’s.”

“Uncie Danny!” Tommy ran over to Danny and Danny picked him up.

“Come on little dude, yeh wearin’ PJ’s like she said, ge’ some real clothes on!”

Tommy nodded his head and Sierra got an outfit together and Tommy got dressed.

“Hold on.” Danny grabbed a hat from the closet and put it on Tommy’s head.

“Now that looks good!”

“Okay mummy! ‘M ready to go.” He ran out of the room with his back pack and Danny followed him.

“Are yeh seein’ anyone?”

“No.”

“M abou’ two months now…”

“When are yeh getting’ married?”

“May twentieth.”

She got up and left the room, Oliver followed her down the stairs. It didn’t take long for them leave, but before they did Tommy kissed Sierra bye and left with Oli.

XXX

May 8, 2011. Sunday
3:15 AM.

Sierra woke up in a cold sweat and felt that she was wet, she lay in the bed for a while contemplating weather she should get up or not. After a few minutes she got up and walked into the bathroom, she turned on the light and closed the door. She sat on the toilet and looked down; she was bleeding, a lot.
There was blood on her legs that was still warm, and blood stained her panties. She got a sick feeling in her stomach and brought her fingers up to her vagina feeling that, that was where the blood was coming from. She slid the blood stained panties off of herself and washed her hands. She started to cry and wash the blood off of her legs.
She walked into her bed room changing into a clean pair of panties and pulling shorts on.
She walked to Ben’s side of the bed and shook him lightly.

“Ben… Wake up, ‘M bleeding… A lot.”

“What did yeh do?”

“I didn’t do anything Ben… It’s the baby.” She choked over her words.
Ben got up quickly and got dressed, he grabbed her hand and went down the stairs at the last step he picked her up and grabbed his keys from the key tree next to the door and walked out the door, leaving it opened. He set her in the passenger side and drove quickly to the hospital.

XXX

The woman that had taken Sierra in the wheel chair when they got her turned the corner with a clip board in hand, Ben looked up at her with hopeful eyes, and the woman sighed.

“I’m sorry, the baby didn’t make it, but she’s okay. You can come see her now.”

Ben got up and followed the woman, it was now 6:35 AM, as they walked down the long quiet hall Ben’s phone went off and he answered it timidly.

“Hello?”

“Where are you? Yeh left the fuckin’ door open!”

“She lost the baby Danny sorry I had other things on my mind.”

The other end grew silent; he could hear Madison in the back asking Danny what was wrong.

“Do yeh wan’ me to come up there?”

“No, we’ll be home soon anyway.”

“Alright… Sorry Ben, tell her I love her.”

“She knows yeh do.”

He hung up the phone as they reached the room she was in.

“She’s awake, a little distraught of course, but she’s okay… Physically.”

He waited a second before he went into the room, tears collecting in both eyes. He walked in quietly. And sat on the bed next to her. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying, she wiped one eye and looked up at him. He took her hand and kissed her lightly.

“I love you Ben.”

She sighed quietly and kissed her again.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed Tommy and Sierra's pictures,a nd added a characters page so you can read some about Sierra, comments are much appreciated.