Status: Updating When I Have A Chance .

Kickstart My Heart

002

I couldn't quite recall how long I sat on my couch writing songs, and downing JD. But by the end of it I had pages and pages of lyrics, random quotations and many other things sprawled all over the place. I placed my guitar down on the couch and leaned back into it's soft hold. I sighed, inhaling the smell of alcohol and cigarettes. I looked towards the end of the large room, where the wall clock was peacefully ticking away. It read 8:45 by looking outside I was judging that it was early morning, seeing as I always tended to get high during the night. I got up from my place on the couch and paced over to my kitchen.

I opened up the refrigerator and peered inside. There didn't seem to be anything too appealing in there, for someone in my state, but I settled on some cheese bites and crackers from the pantry. I walked back back over to my couch and dropped into the position that I was in before. I turned the T.V on and flicked through the channels, while I chewed on my snacks. I was beginning to drift off when I heard the doorbell ring. I sighed and heaved myself up from the seat and padded my feet across the cold marble floor. The feel of my warm skin against the marble gave me shivers all the way to the back of my neck. I took a deep breath before placing my hand on the handle and opening the door.

"Nikki!" I cringed as the person said my name. "How's my favorite customer doing on this fine day?" They asked. I sighed crossing my arms across my chest. I mentally cursed myself for unlocking the door.

"Fine thanks Adrian, why are you here?" I asked squinting my eyes, trying to stop the glare from the sun damaging my tired eyes.

"Well that's no way to speak to your dealer, is it now?" Adrian smirked, crossing his arms, like mine, over his chest. I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Not matter how many times I had tried to quit all the drugs, it never seemed to work. Adrian would always be hounding me, turning up at my door with thousands of dollars worth of smack. I just didn't have it in me to refuse. No matter how hard I tried.

"How much have you got today?" I asked, regretfully. Adrian uncrossed his arms and looked inside the bag he had across his body.

"About four 8 balls, whether you're interested." Adrian smirked. My eyes widened at the amount that he had, but what really got me was how could he walk around with that much Heroin and not get caught.

"Fine" I huffed, "I'll take them all." I sighed, knowing that I would regret this later.

"Two flat, buddy. Nice doing business with you." Adrian smiled. I walked back inside after handing him the money and taking my junk and locking the door. I headed back through my house, past the lounge where I had left my food, and out to my room. I slowly entered my room, and into my closet. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I flicked on the small light that I had in there. I placed the 8 balls on the table and closed the door behind me.

I began setting up for what I knew was going to be a long and interesting day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Chapter.

Need comments ! May Not Post Again Until I Get Comments .