You're All I Have

Yeah, I've Gone Mad

She couldn’t quite get to sleep, the moonlight streaming through her window as bright as the sun. He should be awake by now, she thought. It’s the afternoon over there where he is. She looked out through her window, the blinds at such an angle that she could see the night sky clearly. Smiling, she decided to roll over and attempt to sleep. He would want her to sleep, she knew, instead of staying awake with her thoughts.

Her eyes fluttered closed, her body relaxing as she attempted to sleep, her blanket pulled up close to her chin. Just as her breathing reached a slow pace, her eyes heavy, and her mind recharging, a small ding was heard, and a small light filled the room.

Her phone had gone off, a text displayed on the screen.

Hello, beautiful. Just wanted to say I’m thinking of you. I hope you’re sleeping well. Saranghae

The corners of her mouth folded upward into a serene smile, a soft sigh escaping her lips. She knew he wasn’t expecting her to reply, since she was supposed to be sleeping. She debated on texting him back, and decided to. She was up, anyway.

The moon kept me awake and I can’t sleep. It must’ve seen how bright your smile is and figured out how to shine brightly. I miss you.

She hit send and rolled over, tucking herself in again as she placed the phone near her head so she could see when it flashed. When she said she missed him she truly meant it. It had been three months since she had last seen his face in person. It felt like a year had gone by without touching him, or truly seeing his smiling face.

Memories floated in her head of when she had to tell him she was leaving, a smile gracing her lips as she remembered the near awkwardness of it.

She opened the bathroom door, closing it softly as the steam billowed in the room, some of it spilling out into the hallway before she closed the door.

“Ah! Minhyuk hyung, would you stop coming in here while I’m showering to fix your hair? You’ve had enough time in here already!” Yukwon protested, as she smiled secretly at his mistake in identity.

“It’s me.”

“L-Lary? What are you doing in here?” he said in surprise behind the shower curtain, as he continued washing himself, scrubbing slower since Larythzza was in the room, stalling at getting out of the shower.

She was quiet for a few moments before saying, “I have to go back home tomorrow.” The confession was out, and she felt like there was an electric charge in the air after she muttered it. Her amusement at being in the bathroom with a naked Yukwon behind the bathroom curtain showering was washed away, and she suddenly felt sadder than ever.

“I know. I heard,” he replied sadly, scrubbing places that had already been scrubbed, avoiding getting out of the shower. The rest of him was clean, and he had nothing else to do while trying to avoid the awkwardness of leaving the shower with his girlfriend in the room.

“I didn’t realize that my Visa was expiring tomorrow until I glanced at it today,” she said, explaining herself. “I was able to get the latest flight out since I was so late in booking a flight, so I’ll need to leave here at seven o’clock tomorrow night, since my flight’s at nine p.m.” She smiled a little. “So we’ll still have all day together tomorrow.” She paused. “Well, what we can, anyway.”

She saw a movement like his head nodding in agreement through the shower curtain, her eyes following the outline of his body. “I have an interview in the morning, but otherwise I’m free the rest of the day. It’s good we didn’t have much scheduled this week, huh?” he replied, standing under the warm water.

“Yeah,” she nodded. “Block B was pretty busy last week and the week before last. It’s good you guys caught a break somewhere.” Her voice got lighter as he lifted the mood of their conversation. She decided to think positive about it (about as positive as she could, anyway.) She’d be able to spend time with him before she left, and still talk with him over the phone when she did. A smile graced her lips as she asked, “Are you done in there? You’ve been under that water for about thirty minutes. You’re gonna be a raisin if you keep it up.”

She didn’t see it, but he blushed. “Yeah, I’m done.” He unwillingly turned the water off, standing there for a moment as gravity did its duty and had the water drop off his body. He grabbed the towel hanging up for him and dried his upper torso off before wrapping it around his waist. Yukwon stood there for a moment, contemplating getting out with her still in the room.

“Are you getting out or will I have to make you?” she asked, noticing he had been standing there way longer than necessary. “I’ve seen you naked before, it’s not like it’ll be my first time seeing your skin.” When he didn’t answer she pulled the shower curtain away to reveal him in his towel, his colored dirty blonde hair tousled wet. His hand gripped his towel fiercely at the side, assuring it wouldn’t be coming off. His abs descended into the towel, his abdomen covered by the fluffy fabric.

“Now what did you have to go and do that for?” he asked, his lips pursed as he glared at her playfully. He stepped out of the bathtub, Larythzza moving back slightly to make room for him in the small space in front of the toilet and sink. He caressed her cheek and said, “I’m going to miss touching this everyday.”

He leaned in and kissed her softly, tugging on her lower lip. “And I’m going to miss kissing these beautiful lips of yours,” he whispered before kissing her again, forgetting his grip on his towel as he wrapped his arms around her waist, her arms going around his neck, her hands burying themselves in his wet hair.

She was jolted from her memory with a start when her phone dinged, the screen lighting up beside her face.

I miss you too, and hey! You were supposed to be asleep and have seen that in the morning. But, oh well. And kekeke, the moon has learned well. Since you’re awake, do you want to FaceTime?

She smiled, and texted a reply back.

I’d love that, but my hair’s a mess right now. Don’t want you to see me with messy hair.

She hit send, and within a few moments he replied back, faster than the first time. He must’ve settled in his dorm or something, she thought.

I wouldn’t care if your hair is messy. You’re beautiful anyway you look at it. C’mon. Lets FaceTime. I’m already logged in~

She grinned at his response and felt around her nightstand for a comb of some sort, brushing down her hair quickly and turning her lamp on so he could see her face properly before logging into FaceTime. His face popped up onto her screen and her heart stopped for a moment. She hadn’t realized how much she missed him until then, seeing his grinning face on the screen. She had missed seeing him smile in real time.

“There’s my girl,” he said softly, his smile growing wider. “I’ve missed you so, so much, yeobo.” She could see it ring true for him in his eyes that he did miss seeing her. Her heart skipped a beat as she looked at him.

“I’ve missed you too,” she replied. “I think about you every time I go to sleep, wondering what you’re doing, and if you’re doing okay.” She smiled, her eyes watering up in spite of themselves. She laughed at herself as she got her tear ducts under control.

“Don’t cry, Lary,” he soothed. “And…I’ve missed hearing your laugh. Do it again.” He scrunches up his face cutely, trying to get her to laugh as he smiled.

She laughed softly, a genuine laugh. “I’ve missed hearing yours,” she replied, and he chuckled in reply to that. She grinned, his happiness infectious.

He smiled contently, and said what she didn’t want to hear. “You need to sleep, Lary. It must be late for you over there. It must be, what, two in the morning? Three? You’re already beautiful, but you need your beauty rest so you can keep your beauty radiant.”

She groaned, laying her head back on her pillow, as she followed her movements with her phone, holding it at her side. “I don’t want to say goodbye yet,” she replied, her voice showing how sleepy she was getting. “Sing me to sleep.”

“I don’t want to say goodbye either but you need your sleep, and I’ll gladly sing you to sleep,” he agreed, and waited a few moments while she got situated. “Are you comfortable?”

“Yes,” she replied. “Sing me to sleep, Yukwon.”

He smiled and sang softly, as if he were singing a young child to sleep.

I know you’re somewhere out there,
Somewhere far away.
I want you back, I want you back.
My neighbors think I’m crazy,
But they don’t understand.
You’re all I have, you’re all I have.


She smiled, her eyes half-lidded as she listened to him singing. It was like he was in the room with her, laying down beside her and singing in her ear.

At night when the stars light up my room,
I sit by myself talking to the moon.
Trying to get to you.
In hopes you’re on the other side
Talking to me too,
Or am I a fool who sits alone,
Talking to the moon.


Larythzza had her eyes closed, opening them slightly as she peeked through her lashes at the screen on her phone. Yukwon was smiling at her. He said, “Goodnight, Larythzza. I love you, jagi.”

Her heart started. This was the first time she had heard him say that he loved her in English. She smiled sleepily, and replied, “I love you too, Yukwon. I can’t wait to see your smiling face again, and it better be soon.”

He nodded, and blew a kiss at her. “Sweet dreams, yeobo. I hope we see each other again soon too,” he replied as he waved to her, before logging out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Love you.