‹ Prequel: Savior

All Around Me

Eight

Gerard and I had left the venue. We were walking in the rain, I think we were just going in circles. We didn't really have anywhere to go. Gerard was being really quiet, he hadn't said a word since Frank had stormed off.
I had my hood pulled up over my head to protect myself from the rain that was steadily coming down in a light shower, walking a few feet behind Gerard. He wasn't saying anything, but I could tell he was stressed. His fists were clenched, and he walked with with a frustrated stride. The silence was almost unbearable, and I don't think I could handle walking another step.
"Gerard." I said eventually. "Stop."
He stopped and turned to look at me, but didn't speak. Despite the rain, his hair and clothes stayed dry, and he looked at me coldly.
"Look, we can't give up. We can keep trying." I pleaded with him. "I know it hurts to see him like this, but-"
"No." Gerard finally spoke, his voice tinted with fury. "No, Sierra, you don't know what it's like. How could you possibly say that?"
It was my turn to stay quiet this time, because I didn't know what to say, and I knew Gerard wasn't finished talking.
"You didn't know him before! He was never like this. He was so happy, and it's because of me he's like this! It's my fault!" Gerard was screaming now, his face contorted into a mask of pure fury.
"He was so perfect." Gerard continued, his voice softening now. "He was flawless, Sierra. Everything about him was perfect. He was the best person I've ever known."
Gerard went quiet for a minute, before turning around and picking up a trash can, flinging it across the side of the street. It hit a car, and the alarm sounded loudly. "Gerard!" I yelled. "For fuck's sake! Why are you so angry?"

Gerard turned back to me, eyeing me with cold fury. "Why?" He shouted. "Why?! Did you not see him? Look what he's doing to himself! He's going to end up the same way I did, and there's not a thing I can do to stop him! He's dying right in front of me!"
Gerard's voice was a high pitched scream. He was furious, but there was some desperation on his voice, too. His eyes were wide, pleading.
"He's just like I was! He's.. beyond help." Gerard finished with a whisper.
And then he vanished, leaving me alone in the deserted street. I didn't know if he was coming back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short.
I think I'll upload one more tonight cos I've been neglecting this story for too long.
Thoughts/comments?