Just Go With It

The End

“Amelia Jones, will you marry me?”

Amelia stared in disbelief at the man sitting at the end of her bed and the diamond ring in front of her.

“I...” she hesitated, wrestling with her emotions. As much as she hated him right now, she knew that deep down they belonged together. And he had come back hadn’t he? She hadn’t expected that. She hadn’t planned on that.

“Amelia...”

“Yes.” She replied, surprising even herself. “Yes I will.”

Bam jumped in joy and pulled her into his arms, trying to avoid her growing bump.

“I love you so much.” He cried, tears streaming down his cheeks.

“I love you too Bam, just don’t ever do anything like that to me again!”

Ryan waited anxiously downstairs, wondering whether or not Bam would be able to get through to Amelia. He was also waiting for Knoxville to get back. It had been a while since he and Bam had returned and Knoxville hadn’t been far behind them. Then again, perhaps he needed to clear his head after admitting his feelings to Ryan.

It had always been clear there was something between Knoxville and Amelia but Dunn had always assumed they were just good friends. He had never for a second imagined that Knoxville might have felt something more for Amelia. He thought about Bam and the appalling way he had treated Amelia for the past month. Knoxville might be a dick but it pained Dunn to acknowledge that he would treat Amelia a whole lot better than his best friend had.

Dunn shook these thoughts from his mind when he heard the castle door open. Knoxville walked quietly into the kitchen with his shades on and pulled up a seat by Dunn.

“No one in?” he inquired casually.

Dunn shook his head. “Amelia and Bam are upstairs but I haven’t a clue where the others are.”

It was impossible to read Knoxville’s expression with his glasses on but Ryan could sense he was in deep thought.

“Ryan.” He began.

People only addressed him by his first name when they were being deadly serious. To add to the seriousness, Johnny removed his shades.

“Please don’t say anything to Bam or Amelia about what I told you this morning. Promise me.”

“Of course dude.” Dunn replied, patting Johnny’s arm. “I promise.”

Johnny smiled at Dunn. You could always count on him, no matter what the situation. Johnny had known that Amelia was always going to be off limits, even if Bam fucked things up. His plan to take her back to LA might have been well-meant, but even if she had agreed to go with him, things would never have worked out between them. She had too much history with Bam and the group dynamics of the Jackass crew would be destroyed forever. It was impossible.

Dunn and Knoxville heard footsteps descending the stairs and exchanged apprehensive glances. As the footsteps approached the kitchen they found themselves holding their breath in suspense. Bam pushed open the door and greeted them with a blank expression. Despite this, the spark had returned to his eyes and both Knoxville and Dunn could sense that whatever was coming must be positive.

Sure enough, standing behind their friend was Amelia. Bam stood to the side to reveal her. Her long brown hair was a mess and she looked as if she hadn’t slept in weeks, but she was still as beautiful as ever, thought Johnny, smiling to himself.

It was a shock for Ryan to see Amelia out of her bedroom. He was surprised at how much her baby bump had grown since Bam had taken off a month ago. Even in sweats and an oversized hoody it was obvious she was pregnant.

Bam put his arm around Amelia and drew her closer to him. Things were looking good.

“Well?” Dunn said, impatiently.

“We’re getting married.” Bam laughed.

Amelia giggled as Dunn and Johnny’s jaws dropped in surprise. She had to admit, it was a surprise for her as well. Until she had kissed Johnny she wasn’t sure if she would be able to forgive Bam for leaving her but it had made her realise her true feelings for both Johnny and Bam.

Amelia had decided not to mention the kiss to Bam. She couldn’t shake the feeling that it might have meant a lot more to the both of them than either would admit, but even if that was the case, it was best left alone. Johnny was her best friend and there was no way she was willing to jeopardise that. The guilt she had felt after their lips had touched had eaten away at her and all she had wanted was for Bam to return and for him to tell her that everything was going to be ok.

Sure enough, that was what had happened and despite how much she hated him for leaving, Amelia could not deny her love for Bam. Maybe everything was going to be ok after all.

She smiled at Johnny as he got up from the table.

“Congratulations guys!” he grinned, hugging the two of them.

“Yeah, nice one.” Dunn laughed, kissing Amelia on the cheek and patting Bam on the back.

“Have you set a date yet? I better check my diary!” Johnny teased.

***

Amelia lay on the sofa as she watched the guys jerking around. Her bump was growing rapidly now, and as she draped her hand over her stomach protectively, she felt the baby kick once again.

“Bam come here!” she smiled, trying not to move.

Amelia was now eight months pregnant and extremely uncomfortable. Not only did she have a baby on the way, but also a wedding to plan for and between them, Bam and the guys would not let her lift a finger. Not that she could do all that much even if she was given the chance. April had been especially helpful with the wedding preparations. They had set a date for a year’s time, when Amelia could fit into her dream wedding dress rather than shuffle down the aisle like an elephant. April had, however, booked the church and a reception venue, sent out the invitations, and hired a caterer. Bam and his friends had, of course, been left in charge of the entertainment.

Bam hurried over to where she was spread out across the sofa. She took Bam’s hand, and placed it on her swollen stomach. “Can you feel it?” she grinned. The look on Bam’s face confirmed that he too could feel their baby kicking.

“Wow.” He stared at Amelia in awe.

“You know how I’m best man.” Smiled Dunn. “Does that mean I get to sleep with the bridesmaid?”

Amelia shook her head laughing. Rose was going to be her bridesmaid. “You mean you haven’t already?”

Dunn blushed a little and Amelia gasped. “You haven’t!? Oh my God Ryan, tell me you haven’t slept with my little sister already!”

Dunn said nothing and Amelia made to get up and scold him, but in her condition she settled for throwing a cushion at him, and Dico obliged by punching Dunn in the balls.

“Thanks babe.” She laughed at Dico.

Bam kept his hand on Amelia’s stomach and couldn’t stop smiling. Things were really starting to look up for him. With a fiancée and a baby on the way, Bam had everything he could ever wish for. Sometimes at night he would lie awake and think about all the mistakes he had made along the way, and god had there been a few, but then he would roll over and feel Amelia lying next to him with their baby growing inside her and he would realise that what had happened in the past was not important. They had the whole of their lives to look forward to.