Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

Ch. 12

We got out of the car and into the building at seven. Cassie kissed me then ran backstage, while I went into the audience, front row.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Cassie Jordan!" The announcer, who I recognized as Nico, said.

Everyone cheered and Cassie ran out, smiling big.

"Hello, Scranton, Pennsylvania! How are you guys?" Cassie said into the mic.

The response was more cheering, mostly by me.

Cassie laughed, then said, "Wow! That sounds awesome! Sadly, I'm not awesome, I'm sick today. But, it's okay, because I'm still gonna rock this state, but only if you help me!"

The crowd cheered and then the band played a D.R.U.G.S song, and Cassie held out the mic, and everyone sang. Cassie's smile got bigger and she sang the song, occasionally letting the audience sing, which looks like Cassie's new favorite thing to do. Well, it got the crowd pumped, including me, and I couldn't wait for more. The song was over, and they played everything from Hot Chelle Rae to Nirvana. The band then began playing Caraphernelia by Pierce the Veil, and Cassie sang the first verse beautifully, the audience singing backup.

She was about to do the screaming, when someone else cut her off and did it. The person emerged from backstage, and everyone went crazy. Cassie's jaw dropped. She picked it back up, then sang the end of the chorus, with the mystery girl helping. They sang the song together, Cassie had her arm around the girl, looking like she was going to cry.

Who was this girl? She had platinum blonde hair, with black underneath, blue eyes that were lined in black; she was as tall as Cassie. She was beautiful, and looked a lot like Cas. Who was she?

I kept wondering until someone behind me said, "I can't believe she's all grown up. She looks just like her mother."

Another person replied, "Yeah, just six years ago, Cassie left her and her father behind, and now they're a family again! Only, Cassie's not with Jaime anymore."

I spun around and said, "Hey, um, who is she? The girl onstage?"

A girl about 15 looked at me and said, "You don't know? Well, you must not be a true fan of CJ if you don't know that. That girl up there is Audrey Preciado, Cassie's daughter."

"Daughter?"

"Yeah, they look just alike, huh?"

I did a double take, then said, "Yeah. Um, what were you," I pointed to the other girl, about 14, "saying about Cassie leaving six years ago?"

"Oh," she said, "Before Cassie was with Escape the Fate, she was with Pierce the Veil. She dated their bass player, Jaime, and had a kid with him. They were engaged for a while, too, until CJ left. But, anyway, Audrey has a disease that makes her age rapidly, she grew a year old every two weeks. It stops when she hits 14, and so six years ago, when Audrey was 14, Cassie left them, without a trace. She just, vanished from their lives. Of course, she still kept in touch with Audrey. But, she hasn't seen the band since, or Audrey, and went to another band, Escape the Fate. Her and Ronnie are dating and now since Ronnie's out, they're geting married, I guess."

I got angry, very angry.

"Not anymore," I said, walking up the stairs to the stage and to Cassie.

"Give me the ring," I said, trying not to scream my head off.

"Why?" she replied.

"You hid a kid from me! Now give me the ring! We're over!" I yelled.

Cassie's eyes filled up with tears as she slid the ring off her finger and into my hand. I threw it across the room, and Cassie whimpered.

"Can I have the keys, too?" I asked, not looking at her.

I couldn't look at her. She made me sick, angry. She LIED to me! She kept a huge secret from me for years!

Cassie walked to the drum set where her keys were. She grabbed them and gave them to me, they jingled as her hand shook. I grabbed them.

"You're worthless," I sneered, walking down the stairs.

I turned around and yelled, "Oh, and by the way, you're pregnant!"

Cassie slid to the floor and cried with her head in her hands as I walked out of the building and out of her life.