Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

ch. 16

(Ronnie's POV)

I woke up, hungover and in an empty bed. What happened?

(Flashback of what happened yesterday)

Oh, yeah... Bitch.

I got up and threw on jeans and a black shirt. I went downstairs, where it reeks of alcohol. There were empty beer cans all over the coffee table, meaning only one thing- I drank my pain away.

I went in the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet, taking an asprin and swallowing it. I made a face as it slid down my throat. I laughed, Cassie makes that face every time she has to take medicine.

Cassie...

Wait, what am I thinking? She lied to me! I shouldn't love her! But, I do...

I shook the thought of her out of my head and went to the kitchen. I made myself eggs, sunny side up, and toast. I ate, then went to the couch. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

The door opened and Jacky walked in.

"Hey, Ronald," he said, then the smell hit him.

"Oi! Ronnie! You drank yourself into a coma, didn't you?" he asked, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah," I said, "But I have a good reason."

"I know, I saw your facebook status. I researched the problem and it seems like Cassie didn't know how to tell you. It's obvious that she loves you, and I didn't like how you acted yesterday to her. You throwing the ring across the room, and making her cry. How dare you. She loves you, and that's how you treat her when she gets you angry?"

I calmed down a bit, "What do you want me to do?"

"Apologize," Jacky said, looking at me, hard.

"Why?" I asked.

Jacky said,"Because you still love her. I can see it in your eyes. You don't want to love her, but you can't stop, so do it."

"But how? She's probably still pissed, and doesn't want to see me. I wouldn't blame her, though... I was a total ass to her," I said, looking down.

"Yes you were, but you have to try. Do you want to be with her?" he asked, still looking at me.

I sighed, "Yes. She's my everything. I want to marry her, and be her everything, just like she is to me."

Jacky smiled and said, "Well, go get her, then."

"Yeah!" I said, "Wait... How can I get her back? I know she won't answer my calls."

"Go on Facebook and apologize for your status, then call her and leave her a heartfelt voicemail. It might change her mind, or get her less mad at you," Jacky said, throwing away the empty beer cans. "Oh, god, Ron, how miserable were you last night?"

"Very," I replied, giving him a weak smile.

He threw away the rest of them and sat back down. He then handed me Cassie's laptop. I took it and logged onto facebook. I took in a deep breath, let it out and begun pouring out my heart. When I finished, I let Jacky read it. He smiled and nodded, then I posted it.

"Should I do the voicemail now?" I asked, clicking on Cassie's profile.

"Nope, give her time to read it. Oi," he said, laughing, "You weren't the only one who got shitfaced yesterday."

I read her status and sighed. "I'm glad she had a good time last night."

"She's with her friends, you really hurt her yesterday, and she's single now. She could do what she wants until you two get back together," he said.

Not looking at him, I said, "Can I do the voicemail now?"

He nodded and handed me my phone. I dialed the number and waited, holding my breath. It rang three times until it went to voicemail. Yep, she ignored it.

"Hey, Cas. I know you're mad at me, and believe me, I'm pretty pissed at myself as well. You deserve to be mad at me, and hate me, but listen to me when I say this- I'm sorry. I'm sorry for reacting like that, throwing the ring and everything. I'm especially sorry for making you cry. You don't deserve that, or me. You deserve to be happy, and if I don't make you happy, tell me, and I'll leave you alone," I said, shaky, starting to cry, "I just want you to know that you're my everything. I didn't show it yesterday, I know. Cassie, I love you with all my heart, and I want to be with you forever, but if you don't want that, then that's fine. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over you, but I'll try if you want me to. I miss you," I said, crying, "When I woke up in an empty bed, it was a terrible reminder of how bad I treated you. Please call back, I need to hear your voice. Okay, I love you, bye."

I hung up and cried. Jacky rubbed my back and it made me cry harder. After a while, I started to stop. I looked up at Jacky.

"You probably think I'm weak now, right?"

"No, man! I actually have more respect for you now, because it shows that you really do love her, you care about her a lot," he said, smiling.

I smiled back and wiped away my tears with the back of my hand. I stopped crying completely, then spoke.

"I miss her, Jacky."

"I know. Hey, how bout you put in her cd?" he suggested.

I nodded my head and looked for it. I found it in the cd player in the kitchen. I turned it on and Cassie's beautiful voice filled the room, as her smile filled my head. Jacky came in and broke my trance.

"Her voice is lovely, Ron," he said.

"Yeah," I agreed, "Everything about her is lovely. I just, love her."

Jacky laughed, "I know. Now come on, let's go meet the guys."

"Okay," I said, laughing.