Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

ch. 19

Steve ran to me and said, "Thanks!"

"No problem, hun," I said, handing him the cd.

"What else did you find?" he asked, referring to the cds in my hand.

"Only my favorite bands- BVB, Sleeping with Sirens, D.R.U.G.S, Paramore, BOTDF, and that's all I found so far," I replied.

"Cassie Jordan, I love your musical taste. You actually got me into BOTDF. I was checking out your favorite bands, I saw them, listened to Ima Monster, and fell in love," Steve said, smiling.

"Dude, that's awesome!" I replied.

Just then, my phone went off, the ringtone was Ima Monster. I started dancing to it and Steve laughed. When it got to the second verse, I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Cassie," a familiar voice said.

"Ronnie?" I asked, surprised.

Steve looked at me wide eyed.

"Yeah, it's me. Did you get my messages?"

"Yeah," I said, "Listen, Ronnie. I know we need to talk about this, but this isn't a good time. I'm at the mall with... Audrey and her boyfriend."

Ronnie drew in a breath and said, "Cassie, I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. I did the reasearch and I'm truly sorry. I understand now. I'd love to get back together, and meet her and the guys. She's beautiful, Cas, just like you."

I smiled, "I know. She turned out perfect. I'm proud of her."

"So, if now isn't a good time, when is?" Ronnie asked.

"Uh," I thought, "How bout later today? Like, 8?"

"That's perfect. Come over to our house and i'll cook ya dinner?"

I laughed, "Okay, that's fine. I'm glad you're calling it 'our house.' It's nice to know I'm still welcome there."

"Well, of course you're still welcome there! It's our, well, you're house! Oh, and your car's fine, I filled the tank an hour ago. Well, I have to go, I'll see ya at seven," Ronnie said, happily.

"Okay, see ya," I said, hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket and looked at Audrey and Steve, Audrey was glaring at me.

"What?"

Audrey came up to me and said, "Did you agree to see your ex tonight?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"The one who hurt you? Ronnie?" she asked, angry.

"Yeah, Audrey. although I may not act like it 24/7, I'm an adult. And I can make my own decisions. We're gonna talk over dinner. We can't just ignore this! I mean, we were engaged! I still love him!"

"Oh, yeah?" Audrey said, "Well, Tony called me, saying he needs his car back by three, and he called you his babe. What was that about?"

"Okay, yeah, I like Tony, too, and we were flirting. But, I'm single now! I can do that!" I almost yelled.

"What if Tony falls in love with you? you can't just leave him heartbroken! I swear, if you hurt him, I'm going to lose all respect for you," Audrey said, half yelling, half talking.

"Okay, we're done here. We're going home," I said, going to the register and paying for the cds.

I muttered a 'thanks' and walked out of the store, knowing they were following me. We got in the car and I drove.

"Okay, where are we going?" I asked.

"Steve's house." Audrey replied.

I looked at Steve and he nodded. I shrugged and drove them to his house. Steve got his bags and Audrey left hers in the car. She got out, slamming the door and going into the house.

Steve half smiled and said, "Bye. It was nice meeting you."

I smiled and said, "It was nice meeting you too. You're a nice kid."

He smiled and went in the house.