Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

ch. 20

I drove back to the guys' house, parking and walking into the house. I threw the keys on the table and went in the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing a water bottle.

Jaime walked into the kitcgen and said, "Hey, how was your day?"

"Terrible. Your kid turned into a psycho. She yelled at me and gave me attitude. I couldn't take it," I said, sitting down.

"What happened?" Jaime asked, sitting down next to me.

"Well, I'm single now, and Tony and I flirted like crazy today, and Audrey found out. she also found out that I'm having dinner with Ronnie tonight. She started bitching at me, saying she's gonna lose all respect for me if Tony gets feelings for me. Yeah, I have a crush on him, but I still love Ronnie. I mean, I've dated Ronnie for six fucking years, of course I'm gonna still be in love with him! Tony is the sweetest! He's one of the sweetest, nicest, kindest people I've ever met. I don't want to have to choose, and Audrey's making it even worse," I said, taking a sip of my water.

Jaime sat, thinking, then said, "Well, easy. Just stop flirting with Tony. That way, he won't get feelings for you. If you want to be with Ronnie, go get him! Easy as that!"

"Yeah, but I like Tony. I like kissing him, and I like being single," I said with my head down.

I was ashamed. Soon, there will be a fork in the road. I don't want to have to choose. Jaime saw that I was having a conflict with myself, so he just rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head.

"I don't know what to tell you, sweetheart," he said, "Are you gonna be okay?"

I nodded. He nodded back and walked away. Tony then came in and sat down.

"I heard every word of that conversation," he said.

"Oh... I'm sorry. Tony," I said, looking down, "I don't deserve you."

"Cassie," he said, putting his hand on mine. "That's not true."

I looked up at him and said, "I like you, I do, but I'm still in love with Ronnie. I don't want him or Audrey to hate me, and I won't be able to live with myself if I hurt you, or make you hate me. And what if you--"

He cuts me off by kissing me, taking me by surprise. He pulls away suddenly, looking into my eyes, and at that moment, I felt okay.

"I have to go somewhere. I'll be back later, okay?" he said, getting up.

I nodded and he kissed my lips, then left the room, then house. My eyes glanced to the stove, 3:00. I have 5 hours to kill. What to do, what to do. My phone buzzed, I looked at it and smiled. Jerry.

'Hey, CJ! What's up?'

'Hey! I think I just found myself in a love triangle, but whatever. I'll figure it out later. I have five hours. Wanna hang out?' I typed back.

'Yeah! Walk to the post office, I'll meet ya there in 10.'

I took my phone and walked to the post office. I waited outside, pacing back and forth until I heard a voice.

"Cassie!"

I turned around to see Jerry running to me. He got to me and hugged me tight.

He pulled away and said, "So, you're in a love triangle now?"

"Mhm. I'll explain it on the way to the ice cream shop."

"Sounds like a plan!"

I told him the whole story and finished just as we got to the shop.

"SOunds like you're in a pickle here," Jerry said as we got to the counter.

"Indeed, I am," I replied, "One root beer float, please."

The woman nodded and looked at Jerry, who said, "Same."

She nodded again, I paid and we sat at a table.

"Well, I think you should stay single until you get your priorities straight. You could flirt, yeah, but nothing serious, okay?" Jerry said, looking at me.

"Okay, thanks, Jer," I said.

The woman at the counter brought us out floats.

"Thank you," I said.

She went wide eyed and nodded, walking away. We dug in and ate. After we were done, we left and went to Jerry's house. We got to his room and I sprawled out on his bed while he got his laptop. He layed next to me and went on Facebook, updating his status to 'hanging out with miss Cassie Jordan.' Everyone commented, calling him a liar. I laughed and he clicked on his webcam.

"Come on, Cas, I don't want my friends to thinking I'm a liar," he said.

"Okay, let's do it," I said.

We took random pictures, posing and making weird faces. He posted them and everyone believed him now. He then checked his email and then shut off his laptop. He turned to me.

"Super Mario, N64, you and me, right now."

"Uh, hell yeah!" I said, taking a controller.

He turned on the game and sat next to me. We played it for a long time, then quit after Jerry kept dying. We put in another game, a racing game, and played that.

"Ahh! I lost!" I exclaimed.

"That's cause you suck," Jerry laughed.

"Says the guy who failed to jump over the turtles!"

"Turtles are cool!" he protested.

"Well, yeah, they are, but in Super Mario, they kill ya," I replied.

He shrugged, then turned off the game and flipped on the tv. We settled on the food channel where a woman was making butrernut squash soup.

"That looks like applesauce," I observed.

"Yeah, it does. I don't like applesauce, or squash."

"Neither do I."

Silence.

"This woman is so full of herself," Jerry said, randomly.

"I know."

More silence.

"Hey, what time is it?" I asked.

"Uh," Jerry said, grabbing his phone, "7:31."

"We have half an hour. What do you wanna do?"

"Let's make a youtube video!" Jerry said, logging on to his laptop.

"Your channel or mine?" I asked.

"Yours, if you want," he said.

"Okay! I can introduce my fans to my new best friend!"

I logged in to my account and clicked on the webcam.

"Okay, ya ready?"

"Yep," Jerry said.

I turned it on and said, "Hello, youtube! What's going on with you beautiful people? I'm not in my usual place, I know. Instead, I'm at my new best friend's house! Say hello, new best friend!"

"Hey!" Jerry said, waving.

"Yep, that's Jerry. My other best friend, Skyler, isn't here today. He wisted his ankle, or sprained it. I don't remember. Jer, what did he do?"

"I think he twisted it," he said.

"Okay, he twisted it, so send him some love. Okay, I'm going blank here, so I'm going to end this, but first, side note, Jerry sucks at Super Mario."

"Hey!" Jerry said, sticking his tongue out.

"Ha, it's true buddy. Don't worry, I still love ya. Well, see ya later, youtube! I love you all!" I said, making a heart with my hands at the end.

"Bye!" Jerry said, waving.

I uploaded it, and 20 minutes later, we had lots of comments. We read them, laughing and replying. We stopped and i logged off, then returned our attention to the tv. Soon, it was 8.

"Hey, I have to go now. I'll text ya tomorrow, k, Jerbear?" I said, getting up.

"Okay, Cas. Use protection!" he said, jokingly.

"Thanks, Jerry," I said, laughing.

I hugged him, then went next door to my house. I knocked on the door and waited. Ronnie opened it a moment later.

"Hey, Cassie!" he said, smiling, "Come in."

He let me in and I stood there, pulling at the bottom of my shirt.

"Why are you nervous? It's hour house," Ronnie asked, laughing slightly.

I shrugged. Ronnie took my hand and led me into the kitchen, where two plates of ravioli were on the table, along with two glasses of wine.

"Holy crap, Ronnie. you made these?" I asked, sitting down.

"yep. My grandma came over and showed me how," he said, sitting down and smiling.

I smiled back and said, "So... Uh... I'm just gonna come out and say it- I love you, I will never stop, but now I have a crush on someone else, and Audrey yelled at me and everything, so I don't know what to do."

"Cassie, calm down. Eat and let me say what I think, okay?" Ronnie said, patting my hand.

I nodded and he continued, "I love you too, so much. I understand that you like someone else, and it's fine. It hurts, but I can't stop you. I wanna go back to how it was before; I want to be engaged to you again, get married, have kids, and grow old with you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me, and i don't wanna lose you. But, for now, let's just eat, and talk about other things."

"Okay," I said, taking a bite out of a ravioli, "How was your day?"

"Great, actually. Before my grandma came over, the band and me went to a studio and recorded a couple of songs," Ronnie said, "And they're going on our new record because we got signed!"

"Ronnie, that's amazing!"

"I know, and we have a photoshoot tomorrow, and I want you to come with me. Will you do it?"

"Of course! I'd love to!" I said, excited.

"Thank you. And that was my day. How was yours?" he asked, finishing off his plate.

"Well, besides what I told you, Audrey, Steve and I went out to eat, then the mall, and the argument, so I dropped them off. Then Jerry and I walked to the ice cream shop down the street, then to his house," I started laughing, "I found out Jerry sucks at Super Mario, and he's a sore loser. But, then we made a youtube video and watched tv, then I came here. that was my day."

"Ah, sounds like fun," Ronnie said, picking up his glass, "Let's toast to this."

"To what?" I asked confused.

"I don't know, to good health!"

I laughed, "Okay."

We toasted, then took a sip. I finished my plate.

"So, when are you going to show me the songs?" I asked, resting my head on my hand.

"Well, we're done eating, so now, I guess," he said.

He put the plates in the sink, then we went in the living room. He motioned me to sit down, so I did, and I watched him put in a cd.

"This song is called Tragic Magic. Take a wild guess as to who this is about," he said, chuckling.

The song played and I loved it. It had great structure, personal lyrics, and great instrumentals. It got to the second verse and I laughed, it was about Craig. What a joke! The rest of the song played and I loved it.

"I love it!" I said.

Another one played and Ronnie said, "This one's called Caught Like a Fly, It's about who you call Asshole."

Ronnie didn't even have to tell me that, I got that from the beginning. I loved it automatically, the creepy carnival sound of it, and the piano solo. It was great! The last song was called Pick up the Phone. I really liked it, I liked how ronnie sang some parts really fast. It was a good song.

I looked at Ronnie, who was looking at me, worried.

"Ronnie, these songs are amazing! I cannot wait to hear more! These are amazing, honestly."

He smiled big and said, "Really? You mean that?"

I nodded. He moved closer to me and moved my hair out of my face.

"I missed those eyes," he whispered.

"I missed you," I whispered back, getting closer to him.