Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

ch. 23

"Cassie?"

I shot up and looked. so, it wasn't my mind messing with me.

"Vic?"

He sat down on the bed and said, "Cass, Ronnie called me and told me to come by because you were upset. He told me everything, and I want you to know, I do still like you, but I'll be okay. I broke up with Mandy, and I'm going to get over you and find another girl. You don't have to be sad and cry because of me. I'm fine!"

He moved the hair from my face and wiped away my tears.

"I'll be okay, I promise. And I want you to forget this whole situation ever happened, and be happy. We're still best friends. I like Ronnie, he cares. Don't be sad, be happy and get married and have kids with him. Okay?"

I sniffed and nodded. He smiled and got up.

"Come on," he said, "Ronnie made you food."

"You're not eating with us?" I asked, standing up.

"No, I ate before I left. I'm gonna go now," he said.

I went up to him and hugged him. He hugged back tight and kissed my forehead.

"I'll be okay, and I want you to be okay, too," he said.

I nodded and he and I went downstairs.

"Bye, Cas, bye Ronnie," Vic said, walking out the door.

"Bye," Ronnie and I said.

Ronnie took my hand and pulled me into his arms.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Lots. Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome, baby girl. Now, you're going to eat, whether you like it or not," Ronnie said, sternly.

My stomach answered for me, it growled loudly.

"That's what I thought," he said.

I followed him into the kitchen, where two bowls of mac and cheese were placed on the table. He pulled out my chair for me and I smiled and sat down.

"Thank you, kind sir," I said, laughing.

He returned the laugh and said, "Anything for you, m'lady."

He sat and we ate, my stomach thanked me by growling in content. We ate in peace, until Ronnie spoke.

"So, after this, what do you wanna do?"

I glanced at the digital clock on the stove, and said, "Well, it's 3:00, so we have lots of time until it gets dark. I don't know. what do you wanna do?"

Ronnie shifted in his seat, then said, "To be honest, what I really want to do, is meet your daughter. And the guys."

I saw he was nervous. I smiled and said, "Okay, let's do that. I'm sure they'll want to meet you. Vic already likes you, so I bet the rest of 'em will like ya as well. And Audrey is always excited to meet new people, especially her favorite musicians."

His nervousness went away and he smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah! Besides her dad's band, old Escape the Fate is her favorite band."

His smile grew, and I continued.

"I have to tell you, though, she might be a little reluctant meeting you, because of the fight we had at the mall."

He looked confused, so I said, "Yesterday, after I said I'd come over, Audrey and I had a fight. She said that I shouldn't go back to you because you hurt me. I told her that I can make my own decisions, and we haven't spoken since. I'll go talk to her when we're done eating, then you'll go meet the rest of the guys."

"Okay," he said, understanding everything.

We finished eating, and I went to the couch and grabbed my phone, while Ronnie washed the plates. I dialed Audrey's number and waited for an answer. It rang twice, then Steve answered.

"Hey, CJ. what's up?" he said, cheerful.

"Hi, Steve! Nothing, I just need to talk to Audrey. Do you know where she is?"

"Yeah, she's in the bathroom. Uh, wait, she just got out," he said, then talked to her, giving her the phone.

"Hello?" she said.

"Hey, hun," I replied, "Listen, I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. Let me tell you something, Ronnie and I are back together, Tony is happily going back out on dates, and Ronnie wants to meet you, so do you want to put that fight behind us and meet your favorite singer?"

She drew in a breath, then said, "Yeah. Dad called and told me that Tony was alright, so I'm not mad anymore. I'd love to meet Ronnie, and Steve would, too, if ya don't mind him coming, too."

"Yeah!" I said, "Ronnie would be happy to meet Steve, as well! He wants to meet all of you, so go to your house in like, half an hour. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, we'll see ya there. Bye!" Audrey exclaimed.

"Bye," I said, hanging up.

I then called Vic and told him that we were all going to go to the house. He said he'll tell the guys and that the time was good. I put down my phone and Ronnie walked in and sat next to me.

He put his head on my shoulder and said, "So, what's going on?"

I sighed and said, "They're all excited to meet you. We'll leave in half an hour."

"Awesome," Ronnie said.

I could tell he was getting excited. Half an hour passed and we got in the car and left.