Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

ch. 27

I walked into the kitchen, and then the living room. Ronnie was on the phone, pacing the room. I don't know who he's talking to, but i can tell he's getting angry. I sat down on the couch and watched him.

"No," he said, "Cassie's my dream girl. I'm not breaking off the engagement."

My eyes grew wide and I looked at Skyler.

"Who's he talking to?" I asked.

"Max, no!" Ronnie exclaimed, "I told you, I'm done with you, I'm done with the guys, and I'm done with my past! I finally got my life back together. Don't ruin it!"

He's talking to Max? He turned around and stopped pacing, standing in the middle of the floor. I saw he was on my phone. Why would Max call me?

All of a sudden, his eyes got wide and he sneered, "I swear to God, you come anywhere near my Cassie, and I mean, even in the same town, I WILL hurt you. Got it?"

"I don't care if it's purely coincidencial, you will get hurt."

He paused, then yelled, screamed almost, "Stay the fuck away from her! You and Mabbitt are the LAST people she'll ever want to see! I'll kick his ass too! And I mean it!"

Pause... "Back at ya, asshole."

He hung up the phone and slammed it into the coffee table. He drew in a shaky breath through clenched teeth, then took a seat next to me. I know better than to try to communicate with him when he's mad, let alone touch him.

"Fucking Max," he grumbled.

'I don't know how you do what you do, I'm so in love with you-'

Becca answered her phone, "Hi, honey!"

She walked into the kitchen to continue her conversation with Nico, I'm assuming. The boys and I sat in silence until Jerry got up.

"I'll see you guys. My mom wants me home. She said she hasn't seen me in a week," he said, then left.

Skyler went to the door as well.

"I'm going to go see my girlfriend," he said, then left.

Becca returned and said, "Well, Nico called me and told me he got layed off."

I gasped and said, "Oh my gosh! That's terrible!"

"Yeah," she continued, "and I'm nowhere near being done with my current book, it's still summer, and you're not on a tour! How are we gonna get money now?"

"Well, I could loan you some, until Nico gets his job back," I suggested.

"Oh, Cas. I can't take your money," Becca replied, shaking her head.

"Becca, you're my best friend. I want to help."

She looked at me, sighed, then nodded her head.

"Okay, I'll let ya help. Thanks, Cassie."

I smiled in return and grabbed my checkbook, writing out a check for $6,000. I know they won't need that much, but who cares? They're my friends. I gave her the check and she hugged me, then left. I sat back on the couch, in my regular spot. Ronnie and I sat in silence, him still mad. It was awkward, and continued to be until Ronnie broke the silence.

"He likes you, ya know."

"I know," I replied.

"Like, really likes you."

"I know."

"It pisses me off."

"Ronnie, I know. I don't give two craps if he likes me or not. I hate him, and love you. All that matters," I said, looking at him.

"Aw," he said, his gorgeous smile creeping on his face, "I love you too," he said, then quickly kissed me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulls me close, then kisses the top of my head. I snuggled up to him and closed my eyes.

I woke up alone, not sure what time it was. All I know is there's an amazing smell coming from the kitchen, and I was starving. I got up and into the kitchen, where I saw Ronnie putting the finishing touches on porkchops. He was putting them each on two plates when he noticed me.

"Good morning, baby!" he said, smiling.

"Hiya! What time is it?" I asked, kissing his cheek.

"6:04," he replied, turning off the oven.

I mouthed an "oh." I was asleep that long?

"Come sit. I made porkchops," he said, sitting down.

I sat down at the table and immediately dug in to the hunk of meat in front of me. It was frickin' delicious. We ate in silence, the only sounds were the scraping of our forks on the plates. When we finished, he washed the dishes, then joined me at the table.

"So, I think you should finish the album, so I can buy it, then blast it on my car," I told him.

He laughed and said, "I'm not sure if the guys are up for it now, but tomorrow, yes."

"No," I said, "Call 'em up now."

I stuck out my tongue, and he gave me a "you're just too cute" look. He then giggled, then grabbed his phone and called a number.

It rang, then he said, "Hey, Jacky, my man! Cas wants the album to be finished so she can buy it, then blast it in her car. Are you and the guys up to finishing it today?"

Jacky answered, then Ronnie said, "Cool, man! I'll be there in ten."

He hung up, then looked at me.

"Well, baby. I gotta go, the guys are already there," he said, with a laugh, "But, you can't go. I want the album to be a surprise, so you can't hear it until I get a copy."

I half smiled, then said, "I understand, baby. I'm excited now! Leave, and go finish it!"

We both stood up, and I went to Ronnie and wrapped my arms around his waist. He laughed, then planted a big kiss on my lips. I let go, then he went to the door, grabbed the keys and his phone.

"I love you!" he said, walking out the door.

"I love you, too!" I replied.

He left, then got in the car and turned it on. I laughed when the music started blaring and he yelled, "Fuck!" He turned it down, then drove off. I sighed. Oh, what to do, what to do.

The doorbell rang. Oh, look! Something to do! I got up from the kitchen table and went to the door. I opened it and my eyes grew wide and my heart started pounding.

Max?