Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

ch. 29

It's been an hour since Vic left, and Ronnie hadn't come back yet, so I had nothing to do. I began to watch tv until I fell asleep.

-Flashback-

I layed on the couch with Jaime holding me, one and a half months pregnant.

"So, Cas, we need to start thinking about names for the baby. Got any?" he asked, breaking the silence.

I turned to him and said, "Mhm."

"Care to share?" he asked.

I shook my head and he chuckled.

"Why not?"

"Cause I wanna hear what you came up with," I replied.

He said, "Okay, I wanna name it after Tony, if it's a boy."

"I like that idea."

"Really?"

I nodded. He smiled.

"What did you come up with?"

"Well," I said, "I have a feeling it's a girl, and her name will be Audrey Jane."

"Audrey Jane Preciado. Baby, you're a genius!" he exclaimed, then kissed me.

I giggled and kissed back until we heard a playful "eww" coming from Vic, who had walked into the room, and leaned against the back of the couch.

"I heard, 'Baby, you're a genius' and so I came in to see. Why's your fetus a genius?"

Jaime laughed, "No, not Audrey. I meant Cas."

Vic looked confused. "Audrey?"

"Mhm. Cas picked out the name Audrey Jane, if it's a girl, that is, and she has a feeling it is."

"A chica? Awesome! I can't wait to teach her how to sing, and play guitar, and be awesome."

"And to use a straightener, and to be gay," Mike chimed in.

Vic turned aroundto him and asked, "Where did you come from?"

"Our mother," he replied, he turned to Jaime and me, "I really like the name, you guys."

Jaime smiled and said, "Thanks. Cas made it up. She's always been great at naming things," he started to laugh, "She named my dick Jorge."

Vic and Mike started laughing hysterically.

Vic sobered up a bit and said, "That explains SO much!"

"You thought I was cheating?" I asked.

'No," he replied, "We thought you two had epic threesomes."

Jaime and I started laughing.

"Jaime would be yelling and then Cas would yell, 'Jorge!' and then there would be dirty words screamed in Spanish, and when Jaime's speaking Spanish, when he's fucking, he doesn't sound like himself. His voice gets high and low and sometimes it'd be a growl. It just explains a lot," Mike explained, making the rest of us laugh.

None of us could stop laughing, not even when Tony walked into the room and gave us the "What's going on?" look. He stood, leaning against the couch, next to Vic.

"What did I miss?" he asked in his soft voice.

Mike wiped away a tear, then replied, "They weren't having threesomes with Jorge. Jorge's Jaime's dick."

"Turtle was in on it too?" I asked/yelled accidentally.

The guys laughed, making me laugh, until I got this sharp pain in my stomach. I let out a breath through gritted teeth. The guys stopped laughing and Jaime looked at me, concerned.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?"

I let out another breath, then said, "Yeah."

"Did the baby kick?" Vic asked.

I smiled at his cuteness, then explained, "Vic, the baby's not even close to being a baby yet. Right now, it's a tiny ball of DNA. It doesn't have legs to kick with yet."

He looked down in embarassment, then quietly said, "Oh."

"It's okay, Vic. I didn't know that, either," Jaime said, "I know there's a lot I'm gonna learn throughout this."

-Next day-

"Hey, Cas. How big's your flesh ball?" Mike asked when I walked into the kitchen.

I laughed and said, "She's gotta be the size of a dime right now. I'm not sure, though."

"Hey, Cas. Why do men have nipples?" Tony asked in a curious child like tone.

"Because when babies are developing, the nipples are one of the first things to develop, while the sex organs are the last."

"Did you read that in your baby book?" Jaime asked.

"Sweetheart, I don't have a baby book. I was gonna go get a few later, though. But, I actually remembered that from sophomore year Health class. One of the only things i actually paid attention to."

Jaime laughed. "What's another thing you learned?"

I looked at him and said, "That on the pain scale, childbirth is a ten, while getting kicked in the balls is only a three. So, whenever you get kicked there, just remember, your girlfriend is going to be in about four times that pain. So, don't say boys are tougher than girls."

All the boys looked at me with pained looks on their faces. I let out a giggle and sat at the table. Jaime came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my neck, then kissed my head.

"I love you," he whispered into my hair.

"I love you, too," I said softly.

-End Flashback-

"Cas? Cas, baby," I heard Ronnie's voice say softly.

I smiled and opened my eyes to see him. Oh, I love waking up to him. He leaned in and kissed me. He pulled away and held up a bag.

"I got parenting books, one for you and two for me," he laughed, "I'm gonna need more advice than you, you've done this before!"

I laughed and said, "Well, I'll be there to help you, and Jaime's been through it. He'll help you."

He sat down next to me and said, 'Yeah. Oh!" he exclaimed, then grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet.

"Babe, where are you taking me?" I asked him as he pulled me to the passenger side of the car.

He opened up the door and i got in; he shut the door and climbed into the driver's seat, then turned on the stereo. It had a CD in it, it started playing and he looked at me and grinned big. I tried to figure out why he was smiling, until a familiar voice came on and filled the car.

"Holy crap! It's done?" I asked in amazement.

He nodded and then reached in the glovebox and pulled out a CD case. His smile got bigger as I inspected it.

"The Drug in Me is You," I read the album title.

"Yep. We wanna make a music video for it," Ronnie replied.

"Well, I can't wait for it. I want to see it," I said.

"Maybe you could be in it," Ronnie said, smiling.

"Really?"

"Yep, if we need a female part in it, you'll be the first girl we'll ask. It's not going to be for a while, though."

"Mm," I responded, then went back to the music.

We spent the rest of the album driving around the next three towns, and going through McDonalds. We ate in the car, in our driveway, talking with our mouths full. Ah, life is good. Soon, the CD stopped. Ronnie took it out and put it back into the case, and put it in the glovebox. He looked at me.

"I fucking loved it," I told him, "I felt the emotions you felt while writing each song, the band was beast, and some references made me laugh, while others made me want to hug you. Ronnie, this is a brilliant album, just genius."

With each word, his smile grew bigger and his eyes were gleaming. I scooted closer and wrapped my arms around him, and he did the same. After a full minute of hugging, he quietly said, "Thank you."

I kissed his cheek and replied, "You're welcome, babe."

He turned his head and kissed my cheek, then lips, then buried his face in the crook of my neck. I just love how sweet and affectionate he is. I let go and began picking up the garbage scattered around in the car, then got out of the car and walked into the house. Ronnie turned off the car and followed me. I threw away the garbage and sat on the couch. Ronnie joined me and layed me down, he layed down with me, then wrapped his arms around my waist and closed his eyes.

"Babe," he said, out of the blue.

"Hmm," I replied.

"I heard you already named our baby."

"Oh, yeah. If it's a girl, she'll be Emma Rae."

"That's really pretty," he said, "What if it's a boy?"

I layed down and thought, then said, "Brendon James. Or, Alexander Drew. Which one do you like better? Or, you could name the boy."

He was quiet, then said, "I don't know. Let's see if we really need to pick out a boy name first, because I have a feeling it's a girl."

"I have that same feeling."

The room fell quiet.

'And then I tripped, and fell in love, love, love-'

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Cassie?" a really shaky Steve said.

"Steve? Sweetie, what's wrong?"

"It's Audrey. She's hurt!" The EMT said she's in critical condition!"

I bolted upright. "Critical condition? What happened?!"

I could tell Steve started to cry. "She got shot!"