Status: active :D

Listen up Cause This Is Not the End

three!

Jerbear- Yay! You're still there?
Me- Yep. Like I said, I have no other place to go.
Jerbear- You have no furniture. I'm coming home now. You're staying with me until you get a bed.
Well, he's already on his way, so I'm not going to stop him.
I sat on the porch, examining my surroundings, when I saw Jerry approach me. He sat down next to me and fixed his bangs.
"So, I talked to my mom about it on my way home, and she said you're more than welcome to stay with us. It helps that you're her favorite singer," he said, smiling.
"Thank you so much, Jerry. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me," I said, putting my arms out for a hug.
We hugged, and I kept my head on his shoulder. After a while, he spoke.
"This Ronnie thing is really getting to you, I can tell."
I looked at him and replied, "Yeah. It's been two years, two long, hard years. I miss him, always have. Now that he's so close to coming home, it feels so different. It feels like nothing's going to be the same. And I have so many questions- What if he has changed? What if he doesn't love me as much?"
I paused. "I'm just so scared."
"CJ, listen to me. He will be a little different, everybody changes, and I bet it's for the better. I bet he loves you even more now. He's probably missing you like crazy, like he's been doing since he first got in. He still loves you, Cassie, I know it," Jerry said, rubbing my back lightly.
I didn't say anything, I just put my head back on his shoulder, and he kept rubbing my back. I wasn't going to cry, I wasn't sad; what Jerry said actually made me feel better. I just couldn't find my words. Soon, Jerry took out his phone.
"My mom's getting home in half an hour, so let me show you around my house," he said, getting up.
He took my hands and pulled me on my feet. We walked next door, and he took me in his house. He told me what all the rooms are, until we stopped at one room.
"And this is where you'll be sleeping. and this," he pointed to the door next to it, "is the bathroom."
He walked down the hall to a room with a Keep Out sign on it. "This is my room. If you need anything, just knock, or you could ask my mom."
Outside, a car door slammed. Then the front door opened.
"She's home early. Must be excited," he said.
"Come on," he said, taking my hand and leading me downstairs.
We ran into the living room where a woman was taking off her jacket. She looked at me and her jaw fell. Jerry laughed.
"Mom, this is CJ, CJ, this is my mom."
She extended her hand to me and I shook it. "Oh, darling, just call me Lydia."
"It's nice to meet you, Lydia, and thank you for letting me stay in your house when I have nowhere to go," I said.
"Oh, no problem. It's my pleasure," Lydia replied.
She seems like a nice lady.
She looked at the clock on the wall and said, "Did you see the time? We should be driving to the concert soon."
I looked at the clock, 5:30. I'm supposed to be there early.
"Oh my gosh, i should be heading there now."
I walked to the front door and opened it to see Skyler. He walked in and I followed.
"Lydia, do you want me to drive them? I'm about to leave now, so it's no problem," I said.
"Really?" her eyes lit up, "That'd be amazing. My boss wanted me to do the late shift anyway. Thank you!"
She smiled and hugged me. I hugged back and looked at the boys.
"Come on, guys," I said, walking out the door.