the Dark Teller

Chapter One

[Chapter One]

"The night is still young man!" he congratulated. A he if he could even be called one, was among the nastiest, foulest people on the planet. Not physically - for that put him in the category of a total hunk. Nevertheless, Elijah was disgusting. Purely disgusting. He sought women as sexual trophies and was usually guaranteed for every one to be a one-night stand. Whether it be at his place, his car, the top of the club, off in an alley, or just right there in the club itself, he made it a point to get what he wanted out of them. Sex.
Sure, it is a pleasurable thing and a normal part of life, but ever heard of the saying "what happens behind closed doors, stay behind closed doors?" What exactly was it that made him so damn popular and wanting? The muscles were on the former wrester, the Rock's, level and he did have the most well constructed face to die for. From the slight handlebar facial hair that connected to his mustache only by the sides of his mouth, to the not too overly tweaked eyebrow, I guess one could say that he was hot. Almost forgot about the eyes. His eyes were so clear and bright it made people wonder if he was wearing glow-in-the-dark contacts. They were a calming blue but at the same time, a daring green. And his blonde hair swooped down gently over his forehead.
Elijah used his unparalleled looks to mesmerize almost every girl in the city, and trust me; it was a large city. The only hesitation he had was remembering if he had already slept with a girl. His motto was to never sleep with the same cat twice. Sick, right?
"But it's not on par with you," laughed one of Elijah's clubbing friends, Jake. It was no secret that Jake had eleven Budweisers too many. Elijah took another long gulp of his beer and just as he was about to put it down he spotted one of the hottest girls he had ever seen from across the club. She was dancing, surrounded by her friends who seemed to create a type of protection around her.
This however did not cause him to waver in his methods. He was not about to let a bunch of girls stop him from conquering his night.
"Hey man," he said, taking another sip of his beer, "what do you think of that one over there?"
Elijah pointed to the female who was pretty much gyrating her body for everyone to see, but at the same time she was just trying to have good fun. Jake looked over to where his friend was pointing and he almost began his own excitement frenzy upon the girl.
"She is hot!"
Her blonde hair was parted directly down the center of her hair and came down just a little past her shoulders. Even Elijah had to stare at her eyes which were a bright blue and seemed to echo her soul; blissful. Her perfectly shaped hourglass body only added to this amazing beauty. The only thing that Elijah was hesitant about was the giant rock on her left ring finger. This beautiful woman could be married to some famous wrestler or some person who could easily beat him if the situation called for it.
He did not care. His goal was to score and he was not going to let this one go.
He took another sip and made his way through the crowd. Jake and some of his other friends were cheering him on as he dissipated into the club atmosphere. The closer he got, the more he looked at her surroundings and the main thing he was waiting for was for a buff Abercrombie and Fitch model to come out of nowhere. None ever did. Before he knew it, Elijah had made his way across the floor and was standing only two people away from her.
“Julie,” she called.
Her voice was ecstatic. In that one word, Elijah felt the maturity in her and yet the adolescence that was pulsing through her.
“Hey,” Elijah said, giving her a very noticeable look. The girl stopped dancing and looked at him. Her eyes looked him up and down and he knew that from her facial expression that she liked what she saw. He made his way closer to her and she continued dancing as if she had no knowledge of him being there.
Her friend, apparently Julie, walked up to her with a drink and she stopped dancing and took the drink from her friend. As the glass titled back, Elijah saw that she was looking at him once again.
“What’s up?” he asked. The girl and her friends merely looked at him and smiled. Julie giggled the most, apparently a complete drunk. None of them replied so he tried a different approach. “How about you come out on the dance floor with me and show me some of those moves you were doing?”
The attractive goddess looked at her friends and they all nodded her on with the exception of Julie.
“Okay.”
Elijah took her hand and led the way back to the center of the club on the dance floor. The only problem he had was the effect of his beer that was starting to take action. Her hands were so soft and he noticed that she tried to hold her left hand behind her back as he led the way.
“What’s your name?”
“Laura,” she replied, in her beautiful, sweet voice.
“That’s a nice name,” Elijah said, as they began dancing gently facing each other. “Elijah here.”
“I know who you are.”
That right there almost killed him. She already knew who he was. What had she heard? What did she honestly think? Who told her about him? What did they say? Hundreds of questions began rushing in his mind and yet each one led to the next, signifying that he had a reputation around the city apparently. Whether it was good or bad was something that he was sure he did not want to know the answer to.
“Oh really?” asked Elijah.
“A lady’s man,” smiled Laura, “or something close to that.”
“Something close to that,” he said.
The D.J. had turned the next song on and this one was coincidentally a slow song. Laura just smiled even more and looked back at her friends who were watching her very closely and whispering things behind their glasses of margaritas. Elijah did likewise and none of his guy friends were watching him. They had their attention focused on something on the other side of the club.
“You married?”
“What makes you say that?” she asked.
“Ring,” he reminded her. She held her hand up and he realized that it was a ring that had the engraving ‘mom’ around it.
“It was my mother’s,” she said. “She past away last year.”
Before Elijah even had a chance to apologize, Laura put her finger up to his lips. Her finger against his lips was blissful in its own way. He wanted to feel her body on his right then and there. He did not want to wait. However she was different. There was something about her that made him want to actually know her. Wait, what was he talking about? He was a one-night stand man.
“It’s okay,” she said. “It was her time. Anyways, if you want to talk to me; how about I get to know you?”
Elijah wasn’t exactly sure what she meant by that, but he honestly wasn’t too sure about wanting to know the answer.
“What do you want to know?”
“Everybody in the city believes that you use girls for sex,” she said, and Elijah felt his heart sink. “What do they mean by that? I mean, is that really all you are for?”
Elijah wasn’t exactly sure what to say in response. Should he be honest? Of course not, but why was she dancing with him or even talking to him if she knew about his game already?
“I don’t know where you’re getting your information from-.”
“So that’s a yes,” she laughed.
Apparently, Laura must have been really drunk in order for her to laugh at the fact that he was a mega hot guy that approached her, and his reputation was for him to just use girls for sex. Any other girl would freak out or simply leave. But she didn’t. She stayed. Elijah didn’t deny her when she answered her own question. In fact, he didn’t even break a sweat or blink an eye.
“So what if I do?” he asked. “If you already know me, then why are you still around me?”
“Curiosity.”
They continued dancing around each other, getting occasional whistles and claps for some of the moves they did. Jake and the rest of Elijah’s friends had apparently left and so had Laura’s.
“Want to leave?”
“Sure,” replied Laura, not even thinking twice about her answer.
She quickly grabbed her jacket from the barstool and led the way out as Elijah held the door open for her. Upon stepping into the cool autumn air, Elijah felt his head clear up. He gained a lot of his wit and slyness back. He realized that he was getting too into this girl and that wasn’t what he was about. For starters he worried about a relationship. He had too many in the past that always ended with a girl cheating on him. For the most part, he was a great guy. He always took care of his girlfriend and made sure that she was treated like a queen. But the women he dated seemed to not honor him and slept around with the high school jocks or the models that they had walking around the city.
Laura, however, was different. What if he went on a date with her? What if they got serious and he started falling in love? Would he want children with her? The questions began flooding his mind again, but this was something that he was not about to lose sleep over. He wanted to have her. Not in a relationship, not in a future hookup. This was going to be a one-night stand, the only difference is that he actually had to pull out all of his flirty tricks.
“So,” said Elijah, “are you from here? I’ve never seen you at the club before.”
“No,” she answered. “I moved here from Detroit not too long ago with my friend Julie. We transferred schools.”
Schools!?!
“Oh,” he said. “How old are you?”
“No worries,” laughed Laura. “I’m over eighteen; I’m twenty-two. About to graduate.”
“What’s your major?”
“Law,” she said. “Isn’t it obvious?”
Yes, Elijah found that with all of the college girls that he had slept with; all of the law students were usually found at the club. I guess, they had to have some way to release their educational pressure?
“So where are we going?” asked Laura.
“My place,” he said.
He didn’t notice that Laura had stopped walking.
“So you can screw me and then kick me out right?”
Elijah wasn’t exactly sure what he thought about her so far. She knew what he was going to do, but why wasn’t she actually stopping him? From the moment she met him in the club she knew what he was about. Yet, she danced with him and was following him home.
“Look-.”
“Which way?” she asked.
Another slap to the face that Elijah was shocked about. How could a girl so beautiful be so promiscuous? He led her away from the city and into the suburbs where the houses were built close together and cars filled the street. The trees gently swayed and leaves littered the sidewalk. Soon they stopped at a small two-story house that had a winding walkway that led from the driveway to the house. A red, 3-Series BMW was parked in the driveway with the license plate: SEXKING. Elijah never realized how odd his car looked with a license plate like that.
“You live here?” she asked.
“Yeah,” Elijah replied. “It’s not much, but it works for me and my brother.”
“Brother?”
“Yeah. Warren. He’s probably knocked out by now.”
Elijah grabbed Laura’s hand and guided her up the lighted walkway. The only thing that could stop him from leading her on was if she were to randomly tell him that she loved him; but thankfully that was the last thing on Laura's mind. As soon as he reached the front door she led her face into his and they began kissing so passionately that the only thing that mattered was her getting in his bed. He wanted to feel himself inside of her and it was going to be that way. He unlocked the front door and pushed it open only to fall in to the front room and onto the rug.
The only embarrassing thing that has ever happened to Elijah was his brother walking in on him and girls having sex. The only more embarrassing thing was his brother standing at the foot of the steps with a cup of milk and cookies in his hand as they fell in through the threshold.
"Sorry," said Elijah's younger brother.
Laura picked herself up off of Elijah.
"No it's my fault," said Laura. "It's late and Julie is probably worried about me."
Elijah sighed and also got up as Laura gave him another good night kiss and walked out closing the door gently behind her. As his brother began making his way up the steps, Elijah called him down.
"Thanks Warren," sighed Elijah. "You have once again ruined my chances with a girl."
Warren Greyson ignored his brother's comment and before closing his bedroom door called 'good night'.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure how to really tab on here?!