Love within Ashes

Chapter 24: See no more.

Chapter 24: See no more.

"I don't want to talk about it, Emma!", Aubrey yelled at Emma's face as she pressed multiple times the elevator's 'up' button.

"I thought we were best friends, Aubrey! I told you everything, I told you about my family! I mean, you knew I wouldn't judge you like that!", she tried to make her understand.

"Oh, so what the fuck do you wanted me to say to you when me met? 'Oh, I'm Aubrey, a worthless whore, nice to meet you!", she frowned with a low pitch tone.

"No, Aubrey! But at least you should have told me when we were getting closer."

The elevator's door opened and they entered, making room for them and an old couple.

"It's a part of my life that I am ashamed of. And everybody judges, even without wanting to judge, they do, Emma! And you are not an exception!"

"You are right! I am not, heck, I judge all the time! But my love and comprehension towards humanity overpowers my judgment, Aubrey. And I would make my best to help you!"

"Fine, right here, right now! I'm going to say everything to you. But don't ever, ever, ever, ask me about that part of my life again!"

"Ok, I'll listen."

"OK, I apologize for what are you going to hear", she directed to the scared defenseless couple and then continued, "My cousin Cora knew my family was having economical problems and offered me a job, I was 19, Emma. I trusted her and followed her, little did I know that she was going to sell me to some Johns. Then, I make it to the Darley gang and thankfully I bury that part of my life trying to get decent jobs."

"So, you never dated Heco?"

"You don't get it do you? Heco fucked me and paid me! We never dated he always had sex with other whores, but I was his favorite."

"So, you didn't loved him?"

"Shit, Emma! It's complicated and your corny fuckin' lovey-dovey feelings are not helping!"

"I'm sorry! Geez! Ok, got it! It was only sex!"

"Yes! Finally the brain is clicking!"

"Then why did you lied to me!?"

"Because of this! I didn't wanted you to know the truth! You were the first real friend in my new decent working life."

"Ugh! Aubrey!", Emma groaned as the door opened and the old couple fled as fast as they could.

"What floor is Joe? I forgot, 5 or 6?"

"Cora is your cousin?", Emma changed the subject.

"Was, she's dead."

"I'm sorry for you, but... she was a bitch!"

"Did you met her?"

"Yeah, she wanted to have some time with Billy so I told her to fuck off."

"Yeah, I was there when Billy rejected her."

"Will you tell me how did he rejected her?", asked a curious Emma.

"Hmm, ok. It was a couple of nights after you guys broke up. She came to Billy's bar and started to do her thing. It was really shocking because Billy always fell for her lewd handling. He barked at her to get lost as he drank himself to Lord knows where."

"He did that?"

"Yeah, and he's an asshole!"

"I'm really sorry for Billy's behavior, Aubrey!"

"I've been treated worse. Seriously, Joe's at 5 or 6?", Aubrey stared at the buttons.

"I need to tell you something."

"Okay."

The door opened with a woman entering, joining the girls.

"Tell me, Emma!", Aubrey frowned.

"No, it's ok, I'll wait!"

"Hell , no! Tell me now!"

Emma pointed with her eyes to the woman, saying in other words that she couldn't tell her that she saw how her cousin died.

"What's with the hoe?", Aubrey crossed her arms and glared at the stuck-up woman.

"Aubrey!"

"What? She a hoe, right?"

"How dare you to speak at me in that manner?!", exclaimed the offended rich woman.

The door opened and the woman made her way, exiting hastily.

"Whatever, hoe! Say hello to Abe Lincoln when you get to see him! Fucking rich bitch!", Aubrey jested.

Emma nudged her shoulder.

"Tell me, Emma Collins!"

"I was there when Cora died", she said it all at once waiting for a screaming Aubrey.

"Really? Too bad I couldn't joined ya! The bitch needed to die, she was fucked up!"

"Yeah, she was. But she was a human, and I'm really sorry for her death."

"Well, I'm not. Cora deceived me, and forced me to sell my body and the bitch took most of the money. She said that it was temporal to feel dirty but that was the only way that people like us had to survive, and now she's paying", Aubrey sighed with anger.

"I don't know what to say, Aubrey", Emma couldn't believe it. "Thank God, I kicked her ass before she died. How could she do such a thing to Aubrey?", Emma thought as here eyebrows united.

"For your love for Billy's dick! Is it the 5th or the 6th?" , groaned a vexed Aubrey.

"You know what floor it is, Aubrey. Don't try to fool me! You did it once but you are not going to do it twice", Emma chimed.

"Fuck, Emma! Ok, ok, ok! I do like Joe! I fucking like him, ok? I've always liked him, since I saw him for the first time in a corner. But the shit of Heco took me first. And I wasn't in conditions to say no."

"I knew it!"

"I was scared, Emma! Really scared. I thought he was going to die!", said Aubrey with a heartbreaking expression.

"And now you are relieved because you are going to see your man, now", Emma joked with sincerity.

"Fuck you, Emma!", frowned Aubrey.

"Kiss my ass!", Emma stuck her tongue out to Aubrey.

After a couple of seconds of glaring at each other, they started to laugh out loud in that elevator, until the door was open and they were on the 5th floor.

"Let's go!", said an excited Emma while she grasped Aubrey's arm.

"Wait!", Aubrey interrupted, "Joe, doesn't know I like him. He thinks it was one night stand. He will never really 'date' someone like me, Emma! Let's face it. Don't say a word. If he wakes up, and you say stupid suckling things I would make sure I leave a permanent mark on your face."

"Geez, Aubrey. You really must like Joey! Since when you were scared for man to know that you like him? Wow, I'm impressed. Now, I won't say a word. And who the heck are you threatening? I was the one that saved your life a couple of hours ago. Boo-ish bitch!"

"Oh, right, you are my bitchy savior! That stupid Billy, if he wasn't your man, I'd cut his dick", Aubrey snarled at the memory of her humiliation.

"Don't do that, please! Cut his tongue but not his dick! It's a vital part of his live, and please take me in consideration. I don't need to suffer because he's a hothead!" Emma kidded in a dramatic way.

"Boohoo, that prick must been a wild savage in bed to have you pleading for his little man! ", Aubrey snickered while they were entering Joe's room.

"Yes, he was. Not only in bed and he doesn't have a little man down there, Aubrey. You don't need magnifying glasses to see that!", Emma joked.

"Look, Mr. Darley, seems that you have visitors", said the blushed nurse rushing her way to the exit.

"Geez, Joey! Fuckin flirting with nurses. Damn, no doubt you're a Darley", Aubrey said with a dark and jealous tone as she sat next to him.

"Well, I ain't gonna stay for much longer in this shithole, so I may get something nice from it. Don't ya think?", he responded with a smirk on his devastated bandaged face.

"My piece of tart!", said Emma with a content that lighted the room for an instant.

"Fuck, Emma, even if I'm dying you'll call me that?", he responded annoyed by her nicknaming.

Emma nodded in a childish way and continued, "How do you feel?"

"Like shit", he sighed.

"Your face looks nice", Aubrey interrupted while Emma gave her a raised eyebrow and looked at her in a joking way, "What I mean is that you don't look so horrible like a couple of nights before."

"I looked worse?"

"Not in everybody's eyes", Emma chimed while Aubrey shot her a glare.

"It's nice to see you girls here. That shows how much you guys care! I'm-I'm really happy to see you guys", Joe struggled with his feelings, but since Billy wasn't around he could forget for a second that he was a Darley, just for a second.

"No problem, my piece of tart!"

"So, where's Billy?"

"He's taking some 'Bones' problems."

"Shit, he better don't come today, cuz he always pissed when he gets out of Bones' shop. Aubrey give me some", Joe glanced at Aubrey with a cigarette on her lips.

"We are in a hospital, you know", Emma tried to look around to see if there where any nurses in the hallway.

"Whatever", Joe shrugged with the cigarette on his mouth.

"Joey! You son of a bitch!", cried in joy Bodie while the others entered behind him, "I'm proud of you! You a real man, Joe, you a real fucking man!"

Bodie grabbed Joe's head and gave him a quick manly hug.

The others walked through the door whooping and barking like happy dogs while Billy entered last, lighting a cigarette that was placed on his lips, making poor Emma's knees tremble.

"I'm proud of you. Who's the man now?", Billy's husky deep voice said while he walked closer to Joe's bed and next to Emma.

"Did you got the motherfucker?", asked Joe with such a livid fury in his eyes.

"You know it, Joey! No one messes with us! And you are one of us, boy!", Bodie cheered.

Joe looked at Billy waiting for his response and Billy reclined his head with a smirk on his face while he exhaled the toxic smoke on the sterile and uncontaminated room.
A smirk on Joe's face appeared.

"Good! Fucking more than good!", Joe shouted.

Billy made his way to sit on the couch and grabbed Emma's waist sitting her on his lap. Her eyes widened, she thought Billy was mad at her for defending Aubrey, but it seems he forgot about it. Billy not even once looked at the horrified Aubrey while he was in the room. In a couple of more minutes, while the guys were playing with some hospitals things and talking to Joe about what happened to the Cutties, the doctor entered.

"Good day, Mr. Darley! I see you have all your friends here", said the intimidated doctor as he tried to avoid Billy's glare.

"When I'll get the fuck out of here, doc?", vexed Joe responded.

"As soon as this week ends, Mr. Darley. I came to give you good news! Your lumbar segment was greatly harmed, but thanks to the successful surgery, the inflammation that was created by the impact has been reduced. You may walk in a couple of weeks, Mr. Darley."

"What the fuck?! I was going to be a cripple?!", Joe frowned surprised.

"That's what we thought", responded the doctor with a smile, " Now, we have to make a couple of analysis, so I will ask your friends to leave the room."

Bodie and the rest of the gang made their way towards the frightened doctor. They got closer to him. The guy was throwing them out and they smelled fear in every inch of his body.

"But I'm glad you guys came today", said the doctor with a forced smile.

"Yeah, I bet you are", snarled Bodie while he slowly slapped his cheek.

"You go, Emma, I'll stay with Joe", Aubrey smiled at Emma.

"Ok", Emma chimed while she walked with Billy to the outside of the room.

While she was in the door, she turned to Aubrey and muttered, "Savor the tart."

Aubrey showed smirking Emma her middle finger while Joe frowned at the girl's actions.

________________

Billy had taken Emma, this past few days, to the Office and to some corners with him. He feared that if he leaves her just for a second, the Cutties will try to do a move. Yes, Billy was scared for the third time in his life. He was scared for her life, and that's why he became a little bit paranoid, taking her to everywhere he was. Billy tried to not make personal 'visits' because he didn't wanted to expose Emma to another murder, so the boys were pretty busy.

"C'mon, Billy, I'm bored! Let's go and eat something!", whined Emma while she sat on a dirty and old couch.

"Stop bitching, babe. One more hour and we out of here", Billy lowly growled annoyed by her insistent complaining.

"Ok, only one more hour!", she stood up and went towards Joe's graffiti.

"Wow, Joe has talent. Shit, he's even more talented that me", Emma admired in awe at his graffiti.

"There you go. Now, tell your little piece of fine ass that she better pay me my $50. She had till yesterday so if you don't want having me paying a fucking visit, you better start breaking the piggy bank", said Billy to a poor quavering man while he gave him a white little bag.

"Ye-ye-yeah, Billy. Here you go, I have the 50 here", said the mid-30 looking guy while he placed on Billy's hand more than a hundred dollars.

"So she's fine?", Emma asked with a pissed tone but in a coolly way, getting closer to Billy while the man fled.

"Trashy but fine. Why, you're going to have another jealous brat's paroxysm fit?", Billy smirked at her reaction.

"Paroxysm? That's a huge word for you, pretty boy. And no, I'm not jealous. Now, don't call me a brat again, Billy."

"Why? You probably had everything you wanted before moving with Bob. And why the hell you moved with him?", asked a busy Billy placing money in a custard color leather backpack.

"I don't want to talk about it, and I'm sure you don't want to listen to my crappy life story", she pushed him, trying to see if he really wanted to hear her story.

Billy repositioned his shoulders and walked towards Emma, "I want to hear it, tell me!"

"Ok, how can I make this shorter. Hmm, well, Edward got himself into this shit", she pointed to his backpack, "my mom suicide and I had to take care of my brother, I drop out of college two times and lived with Bob since he was the nearest family member. Then, moved with Grandma until a couple of months ago, when I came back", she said flatly like she was making a lame joke.

Billy stared at her and started to understand why she was like she was.

"Edward?", he raised an eyebrow.

"My father", she looked around avoiding Billy's eyes.

Billy almost dropped his jaw. How could it be possibly that she called her dad by his name just like he called his. He reflected, "Emma is more like me than what I thought." He felt a mild feeling wrapping his chest as he saw the girl looking around the graffiti. "Maybe she was meant to be with me. Shit, no wonder she blend in with everything. And I lost my sleep thinking she would be to innocent for this", he thought while a smirk appeared on his lips. He lighted a cigarette while his eyes chased her hair on her shoulders. Then his gaze sled to her lips, down to her neckline, downward her perfectly size breasts and that's when the front of his dark jeans tensed up. He ignored his avid reaction, and lowered his penetrating eyes to her hips and the hem of her jean skirt while he walked closer to her.

"You know-SHIT! Billy! You scared the crap out of me", said the gasping Emma when she turned to face him and saw him standing right behind her with a lusty smirk.

"I didn't meant it", he whispered leaning to her neck, "I fucking dig the fruit scent shit", he sniffed her neck while a cold quiver rushed through her spine when his facial hair tickled her senses.

"You do?", she seductively asked stretching her neck to give him more access, "Too bad, cuz it's lavender."

She smirked and took a step backwards leaving him wanting for more. He was going to grab her and make her pay for her temptations but a voice called.

"Hi, Billy boy", a haggard hooker purred getting closer to him.

"Kea, you better have my fucking money, bitch!", Billy turned to collect his money, shaking his licentious thoughts about Emma.

"I don't have money but I have something that you like", she flirted caressing his muscular chest.

Emma was absorbed by every detail in Joe's graffiti and didn't heard the hooker.
Billy glanced through his shoulders to the occupied Emma and wanted to have a little fun.

"I couldn't see the fight she had with Cora, and now I might watch another one", he thought smirking and looking at the tatty looking hooker.

"You better fuck good this time, Kea! You owe me more than 100 bucks in heroin", he said louder than before waiting for Emma's reaction.

"You know I do. You want to go to the back corner, honey? ", she grinned.

Emma heard the 'F' word and remembered when she talked to Billy for the first time in the Office. She turned to comment him what she was thinking but she saw Kea's arms wrapped around Billy's neck.

"Excuse me?! What the hell you think you are doing?", Emma snapped at Billy.

"Who are you, bitch?!", Kea spat at Emma.

"Yeah, who am I, Billy Darley?!", Emma's eyes shot daggers to Billy's.

Billy smirked dragging a smoke while he tried to play cooler.

"You are Emma Collins, aren't ya?", he narrowed his eyes at her glare with a smile on his face.

"You are fucking right!", Emma yelled sarcastically.

"Well, Emma Collins, you wouldn't mind if I pay Billy the way he fucking wants!", fussed Kea at the effect she had on Billy who didn't kept his blue eyes off the pissed Emma.

It was like he loved to watch her pissed and enjoyed every second of it. He never touched Kea, his hands where aside placed on his hips and his eyes only saw Emma. Kea made her way trying to catch his attention by caressing his chest and neck but all went in vain.

"Like hell I do!", Emma growled.

"Look, bitch! I don't give a damn if you are his wife or his fucking baby mama! Now, I have to work, and if you don't want to see, you better get the hell out of here or just enjoy the show", Kea informed Emma with a bad attitude which Emma get more pissed while Billy chuckled at Emma's reaction.

Kea started to kiss Billy's neck and to lower her hands to where his private belongings where. She raised her eyes to see an amused Billy amazed at something in the direction of where Emma was. Then, a gun cock was heard.

"Now, you have three fucking short seconds to get your worn out ass out of here", Emma warned with gun in hand and aiming to Kea's head.

The eyes of the prostitute where bigger than usual at the sight of the gun and she quickly did as she was warned.

"I love when you get pissed", Billy uttered with his deep husky voice looking at Emma with awe and lust.

"Well, I don't and don't push it Billy", she glared at him.

"What the fuck are you up to, son?", barked a unwanted familiar voice from an approaching car.

"What the fuck do you want?", Billy groaned at his continually interrupted passionate actions. But this time he needed to forget about Emma and put his poker face.

"Son?", Emma thought as Billy walked in front of her.

"Watch the fucking tone, Nazi! Don't forget who you are talking to, I'm not one of your half-wit faggot friends", the morbidly obese person, who wore a bowling black shirt and pulled his pants trying to make his way to where Billy and Emma was, said.

"Well, well, well, are you going back pimping? Didn't you assured me that the meth will get the stacking G's?", Bones puked as his greasy eyes behind the dark rectangular glasses gazed Emma from her toes up to her head and then continued, "From where did you got a fine whore like her?"

"Here's your money", Billy changed the subject trying to focus the greedy man in the reason he's there.

"Now that's what I call a good fucking corner! Did the meth did this?", Bones asked frowning at Billy and peeking at the backpack full of money.

"Heroin too."

"I have to say, son, I care for ya. Because whatever you do, it could hurt me. And Lord knows I've been patient with you and your witless friends. But, today! Ah! You finally bring a smile to my face! What about her?", he asked glaring at Emma.

"We ain't pimping, Bones", Billy twitched his neck at the interest of Bones in Emma.

"She's your whore, Billy? Personal whore?", Bones coughed.

Billy stood there without saying anything, he just reclined and twitched his neck showing that Bones was entering into a sensitive area.
Bones emitted an evil creepy laugh as he walked around to get a more clear view of Emma. Emma stood there with every muscle tensing and didn't dared to say a word. She knew that this was the man that Billy had to take the money to and to respect but never saw why and now she understood. "That man is freaking creepy!", she thought.

"You got a pretty whore there", Bones coughed lusting at Emma's neckline.

"I'm not a whore", Emma lowly growled at Bones with a glare. "Oh, hell no! Did I just did what I think I did?", she thought in fear, but when she saw Billy glaring at her she knew she did it.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, whore? You better lower your fucking attitude. Shit, Nazi, she makes you look like the prince of Pian!", Bones glared at Billy.

Emma awaited for Billy to say something, that she was his girlfriend, that she was who he loved.

"She's Bob's niece", Billy interrupted Bones' eerie glare.

"Ah, that's a sweetie. Good thing to know, that fuck has been paying me good from Florida. Keep her alive, Billy boy. She's needs to be breathing so that Bobby can keep the good proportion he has been given me. Oh, if she gets bored tell her when she can find me."

With those words Bones left satisfied with the night and with Billy's good news. Billy's jaw clenched at the last comment but stood there with his intimidating posture as he saw Bones ' car leaving the corner. Little did she knew, that Bob has been paying Edward's debt and more. Practically Bob was becoming Bones' new associate. But how did Bob get the money? Was Bob's pastry going that well in so little time? How would Emma react at Billy's stand up?