Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 16

The next morning at breakfast, I couldn't stop smiling. I had woken up extra early. It was about 7:00 A.M. Everyone was still asleep.

I made scrambled eggs and toast for myself. I poured a nice glass of orange juice, too. I was in such a great mood today. I kept smiling as I ate my breakfast.

When I finished eating, I washed my dishes and went to go take a nice, hot shower. I scrubbed my hair with strawberry shampoo. Then strawberry conditioner. I washed my face, then my body. I shaved my legs and then turned off the water. My shower had lasted about half an hour. I was actually going for a longer time. Oh well. I dried up and got dressed into a dark blue tank top that gladly clung to my body, showing off my curves and jean-shorts. The short-short type. I had to admit I looked pretty hot. I put a little bit of foundation on my face, then eye shadow, then eyeliner and mascara. I blow-dried my hair and brushed it before straitening it. All of that took about an hour and a half. I opened the bathroom door and almost had a heart attack. Maryssa was standing there with her hand raised as if she were about to knock. Which, she probably was.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi," She said it like it was a question.

"I was just getting dressed and trying to waste time." This was kind of awkward seeing as she saw me and her son getting it on yesterday.

"I know," She nodded. She seemed kind of shy. Damn it.

"Hey, I know you know what happened yesterday..."

"You both got bunnies," She smiled.

"That too." She was avoiding the topic. Nice.

"What did you name yours?" She asked.

"Sweetie. Blake's bunny is..."

"Timber. I know." She was either a total stalker or she had already talked to Blake. "He use to have a bunny that looked just like this one. He named it Timber. He ended up... like he did," I'm guessing he died. "He was so upset." She shook her head. "Anyways, do you mind if I use the bathroom?"

Why would I mind? It's her bathroom. "I was just leaving the bathroom anyways." I held up my bag that held my make-up.

"Oh. OK. Thanks," She smiled and went into the bathroom as I went back into my room. (Blake had gone back into his room at about 10:00 P.M)

I put my little bag down on my dresser and sat on my bed, which, gave me a weird feeling. I sighed and got up and went over to my computer. I went onto this website called Bloody Roses. (www.rosesandnoses.webs.com) It's where I get to update how I'm feeling and I get to write in forums and stuff like that. There is role playing on it, too. I'm the creator of the site. It's a pretty successful website. It's kind of like Facebook but a darker version of it. Which reminded me that I needed to check my Facebook.

I logged into my Facebook. A new message. I clicked on it. It was from one of my old friends, Katie. I sighed in relief that it wasn't from the stalker guy. To tell you the truth, I wanted to personally kill that bastard. Payback for killing most of my life. I didn't respond to Katie.

Then I got another message. It was from my Aunt Gina. I clicked on it to see what he had to say:

Hey Amber! How are you sweetie? Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm not really expecting you to reply to this because I know you and...well... you just don't usually respond. Anyways, to get to my point, I wanted to let you know that your mother's...wake... is this Sunday. Then her funeral is Monday morning. I hope all is well. Good luck Hun. I love you! xoxo
Love, Aunt Gina


I was frozen in place. Unable to move, It was like time had stopped and I stepped out of my body to wonder the world to narrate it. But there was no story to tell. Things just were as they were. Nothing I can do about it.

I sighed as a tear rolled down my cheek. Then I remembered something. The box. You know, the box I grabbed from my mom's closet before I left? Yeah, that one. I got up and looked under my bed. There it was. The box I was forbidden to open unless something happened to my mother.

For an instant before opening it, I asked myself: Did something really happen to her? Yes.

I opened the box. Tears rolled down my cheeks because me opening this box meant my mother was no more. Not here. I promised on my life I wouldn't open it unless something like this had happened. I looked inside the box. There were a few notes, 3 envelopes, A ring, photos, hand sanitizer (typical mom), and 5 DVDs. I pulled out a note and read it:

My Baby Girl, You are very special. I believe you have something more wondrous than I had possibly ever given you credit for. I want you to know that I love you no matter what may happen to me, or whatever I may say. I'm with you always. Whether it's physically or not. I want you to be strong and keep on going. I love you baby.

Tears were still rolling down my cheeks. I put the letter back in the box. I don't think I could bare to read any more. I couldn't even look at the box. So, I closed it and stuffed it back under my bed. I walked out of my room, and stood in the hallway. Maryssa was in the living room, sipping at some coffee and playing games on her laptop.

She looked up at me when I entered the room. Her face seemed focused and frustrated. But when she really saw me, all of that changed into concern and sympathy. "Hun, what's wrong?" She placed her coffee to the side and pushed her laptop off her lap and rushed over to me. She embraced me in a warm hug. I just started bawling my heart out. A few minutes passed and Maryssa led me over to the couch and sat next to me. She rubbed my back. "OK, sweetie. It's going to be OK." She murmured soothing words to me until I calmed down. Then she asked,"Now tell me, what made you so upset?"

It took me a few minutes to find my voice. "My mom..." I sniffled. "My mom's wake is tomorrow. A-and h-er f-f-funera-al is M-monday." I broke down again. Was I always going to be like this? Would my broken heart ever be mended? God I hoped so.

Maryssa was speechless. I could tell she was upset about this. I wanted to apologize to her about being such a baby. But I just couldn't speak.

At about 11:35 A.M I woke up. How long have I been asleep on this couch? I remembered the last time I looked at a clock... 8:16 A.M. About 3 hours. I sat up to see a little bit better. The T.V was on. Tom and Jerry was on. I looked over to the recliner to see Blake dazed by the T.v show. He was too into the show to realize I had woken up.He was in blue-plaid pajama pants with no shirt on. Heehee I saw his abs.

"This really IS your show isn't it?" I mocked him playfully.

He looked at me. Then he smiled, registering who I was and that I was awake. "Well good morning to you too Miss Raccoon."

Damn I fell asleep with my make-up on. I stood up and went towards the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and was tacken aback at what I saw look back at me. I quickly washed all of it off of my face. I was too lazy to put on more so I went back out into the living room. Blake was still there. "Better?"

"I never said I didn't like raccoons," He smiled at me.

"Meanie," I stuck my tounge out at him.

"Oh really?" He stood up and crept over to me.

"Really." I smiled up at him.

"Well, you are going to have to pay for insulting me." He started tickling me.

"Stop it!" I laughed.

"Nope! You have to pay for calling me a Meanie!" He kept tickling me and I fell to the floor. He laughed at me and knelt down. He brushed away a stray hair away from my face.

"Are you done with pay back?" I asked, covering my tummy.

"Nope," He smiled hungrily and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like??? I like how it goes from pleasent to sad to sexy. LOL. This story is going to be 20-21 chapters long until I start the second book. I'm actually thinking about getting it published into a real book. What do you people think??? Comment and let me know!!