Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 17

I pulled away. "Where's Maryssa?" I asked, looking into his eyes. Our noses were just about touching.

"She had a doctor's appointment." He planted little kissed along my cheek bone.

I smiled. "Where's Robbie?" I asked, stalling.

"I don't know. All I know is that he's not here." He smiled and started kissing my neck.

I laughed a little bit and kissed his forehead. He must have taken that as a signal to start making out with me. To tell you the truth, I didn't really mind. A question rose in my mind. It lingered there. I wasn't going to dare ask it. I might get denied. I know what you're thinking. You want to know what my question is. Well, I guess I could tell you. But honestly...

I forgot what I was thinking. We were still kissing, when a loud noise came from the T.v. We broke away instantly, glancing up at it. My heart started racing. Then I realized something. Last night made me happy. VERY happy, in fact. OMYGOODNESS... I wouldn't be able to bare another funeral. Especially after my mother's.

I sighed in relief. It was just a sound from a show on the T.V. I had forgotten that it was on.

"You look like you could have had a heart attack." Blake looked down at me. He didn't look effected at all by the sound.

"I...I just thought..." I couldn't find my voice at first. Then I did. "It just scared me. That's all."

"It's OK. It was just the T.v." He slid his index finger under my chin. He kissed me a final time ~Which left me breathless~ . Then he stood up and held out A hand.

I took it. He pulled me up to my feet.

~~~~~~~About 2:30 P.M~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting on the couch, embraced in Blake's arms when the front door opened. Maryssa came walking in. She looked like she had been crying. Her make-up was smeared, her face was a little more pale than usual, and she just looked plain old sad.

I stood up, "Is everything OK?" I asked. I was unsure if I should go comfort her like she did to my earlier.

She sighed. "Not really," She shook her head. "But, I'm going to wait till' Robbie gets home. I'm going to have you all sit down and we are going to have a family meeting." And with that she went to her room.

I looked back at Blake. He looked kind of sad, too. He met my eyes and shrugged. I knew he didn't know what was going on so I didn't even bother asking him. I thought about going into Maryssa's room, but Blake knew what I was thinking and commented on it. "Don't, It'll only make matters worse."

I didn't know what to do, so I just sat back down in my spot next to Blake.

~~~~~~~Around 7:00. An Hour after Robbie gets home~~~~~

We all sat on a chair in the living room. Blake and I sat on the three-person couch, Maryssa sat in the recliner, and Robbie sat in the love seat.

"Does anyone want to share anything first?" Maryssa asked. She looked me dead in the eye.

I narrowed my eyes a little bit. I tried telling her 'No' with body language. I coughed and sniffled. But all was silent. Well, until Blake spoke up.

"I got an 'A' on my science test this past Wednesday."

My heartbeat slowed a little bit and returned to normal...kind of.

"That's good." Robbie nodded in improvement.

"Anyone else?" Maryssa asked.

No one answered.

"Well, if nobody has anything else to say, I do." She looked at Robbie and sighed. Robbie shifted uncomfortably.

We waited.

"Robbie and I are getting a divorce..."

"Why?" Blake asked.

"Things aren't working out between us..."

"Why?" Blake asked again.

"Because we don't love each other the way we did..." The words pained her.

"Why?" Blake repeated for the third time. Obviously upset.

"Things seem to fade over time. Your father..."

"Why? Why do things fade over time?"

"Because they just do, Blake."

"There has to be a reason."

"For heaven's mercy, I cheated on your mother." Robbie blurted.

Blake sat back and crossed his arms. He seemed a little satisfied. "See," He looked at Maryssa. "That's an answer."

Maryssa sat back in the arm chair, defeated. Her face turned grim. This wasn't new news for her.

"Details dad. Details." Blake said.

"Blake..." Robbie began. But Maryssa glared over at Blake. Not like she was mad at him, but more mad at the question. Her gaze seemed to cut all conversation.

"I have other news," Maryssa said, her face softened into something sad.

Robbie looked confused. I knew what he was probably thinking. Oh, please don't be pregnant... I BET YOU THAT IS WHAT HE'S THINKING!

All attention turned towards Maryssa. "I have cancer." Silent tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Nobody could say anything.

"But,"

Tension was building.

"The doctors caught it in time."

The tension loosened up a bit.

"I need to go for check-ups once a week until the surgery, which hasn't been scheduled yet, then I'm going to have to go to Cemo therapy for 6 months. Then we'll see what happens."

All fell silent again.

A few minutes later, Maryssa dismissed the family meeting. She said we would discuss more tomorrow. Or whenever we could. Seeing as tomorrow is my mother's wake...
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo what do you think about the 2 bombshells I dropped on you guys?? lol Sorry I skimmed through some of it. I just didn't knoiw what to type so I kind of just did that... ANYWAYS. I planned out my chapters. There are going to be 20 then I'm going to start the second book. Unless things change, I will be done with this book by Monday or Tuesday, possably sooner. I will have a link at the bottom of the last chapter to the second book. PLEASE tell your friends. I decided I AM going to publish it into a real book. I hope it passes inspection or whatever... =D

~I<3U!~ ~~V.Leigh