Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 2

The next morning, a little girl came into the room in which I was suppose to sleep in. "Amber...?"

I looked up at her without a word.

"It's breakfast time," She held out her hand.So, I got up and took her hand. She led me into the kitchen. "Today we're having pancakes and bacon," She licked her lips.

I wasn't much of a pancake person. I've always liked waffles more. But I did love bacon.

"Good morning, Amber." A lady turned away from the stove with a plate of pancakes. "Pancakes?" She asked, placing them in front of me.

"She doesn't talk," The little girl said to the older lady (Who I was guessing was my foster mom).

"Oh, OK." She turned back and started making the bacon. I didn't eat anything, I was too sad and shy to even try.

Later on that day I was sitting in my room waiting for the police to come back and get me, I over heard the foster lady that she thought I was anorexic! I am NOT, thank you very much. I just simply don't eat sometimes. That's called being not hungry, not anorexic! I mean come on.

Then I heard the doorbell ring. "Amber!" The foster lady called for me.

I didn't rush to get up, I didn't rush out of my room. I didn't even rush to the door. They gestured me out the door and into the back seat of a police car.

A few minutes later we were in front of a familiar house. Then I realized it was my house. One of the officers turned around and faced me. "We are here to let you pack your stuff." He got out of the car and opened my door. I stepped out and walked into my house. We walked through the kitchen, then through the living room. The officer stopped in the living room to give me some privacy packing my things.

I went upstairs and went into my room. I grabbed a duffel bag and stuffed a whole bunch of clothing into it. I packed a picture of me and my little sister.

She had died a few years ago in a car crash. That was the year I had my very first real boyfriend, and she had paid for it. She was announced dead on the spot. The funny thing is, I was also in that wreck, but I managed to get out alive. Although I was in a lot of pain for weeks.

Then I packed a picture of my dad. He had died before I was even born. I guessing my stalker dude didn't like the idea of me being conceived, so he blamed me father and murdered him. I don't know how, nobody ever told me.

Next I packed a picture of my older brother holding me as a baby. He was still alive, but after the death of our little sister, he went crazy and ended up in the mental hospital.

I finished packing some books, then I went to gather some of my bathroom material. When I was finished, I looked down the stairs. The officer was looking at some pictures on the wall.

I ran across the top of the stairs and into my mother's room. When I opened the door, the scent of her smacked me in the face. I swallowed back tears and walked over to her dresser. I took a few bottled of her perfume and a pair of earrings that she always said looked good on me. Then I went over to her night stand and saw a bible with a rosary next to it, and a picture of her and my dad. They were so happy. I grabbed that picture and went into her closet. I found the box she told me to get if anything ever happened to her. She told me to grab it and run. So I stuffed that into my duffel bag, too. I grabbed a few of her shirts and left her room. I went down stairs.

The officer lead me out of my house and back into the cop car. We started driving. It felt like it took hours to get there.

"This is a family, we know you'll love," One cop said (He's going to be cop one)

"Yeah, we tested them all. Plus, they have a son about your age." Said the other cop. They both laughed.

I kept my mouth shut so I wouldn't get into any trouble.

Then we pulled into my new driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I wanted to thank all of you who have commented and subscribed! I love it! it means the world to me! I know this chapter is sorta boring, but hey, it had to be done. might as well get it out of the way. But the next one will be even better! Oh, and if any of you have any suggestions on what should happen, message me or something. :) Thanks!