Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 20

I could see the church, cars parked along the sides of the rode. But we took a turn into somewhere else. CVS. I just guessed that we were stopping to get pocket tissues, so I didn't ask anything. Then Maryssa asked me to come in with her.

We entered the store. We did get pocket tissues, but then I followed her to another isle. She held up a box.

"Pregnancy tests?"

"Yes. I'm guessing you guys didn't use protection." This was very uncomfortable.

I didn't say anything and walked away at the realization that we actually didn't use protection. She obviously took that as a "Right, we didn't' because when we got back in the car, she had me hold the CVS bag. I peeked inside and saw the box of pregnancy tests. Fun.

A few minutes later the three of us were walking into the church. I saw my cousins Jared, Harlan, Thomas, Liam, Donnie and Jackson.

Jared and Harlan were identical twins. They both had shaggy, bleach blonde hair and electric blue eyes. They were both tall and tan. I have to admit, they were pretty sexy. The only thing that helped you tell them apart was the freckle on Harlan's cheek.

Thomas is an only child, well, soon to-be older brother. His mom was about 6 months pregnant with his step dad. His mom had remarried an African American guy (nothing wrong with that). His dad divorced his mother after discovering he was gay (nothing wrong with that either) and was now living with his boyfriend. Thomas was tall (taller than Harlan and Jared) with short, black, wavy hair. He was tanned from the vacation he recently came back from.

Liam and Jackson are brothers, too. Although, they don't look anything alike. Liam was tall with short brown hair and leaf-green eyes that matched his mother. While, Jackson had Black hair with hazel eyes which matched his father's. Liam was the star football player in his high school. He was more built than Jackson. Jackson wasn't all scrawny or anything, but he just wasn't built-looking. They were both hot in their own ways. The only thing that gave a hint of them being brothers was the shape of their faces.

Donnie was the oldest of six kids. His mom had been married three times, but never to his father. He never knew his father and his mom wont tell him anything other than, 'It was a one-night stand". That must hurt to hear. Must make him feel like a mistake. But he was handsome. He was shorter than my other cousins, but just as strong. He had brown fluffy hair and ember colored eyes. Donnie was the closest cousin I ever had. He was more like a brother.

The word 'brother' sparked a memory. I had a brother. He wasn't dead, or, at least I heard he wasn't. I hadn't seen him since my sister died in that car accident. He had gone phyco and ended up in a mental institute. For all I know he could be in a strait jacket, talking to himself in a room with pillows as walls or worse, dead. I remembered that, the night before she died, my mom had said something about being able to visit him on October 7th. It was October 3rd. I made a quick decision. I was going to ask Maryssa if I could see my brother.

A hand grabbed my arm, bringing me back to reality, and began dragging me towards the front of the crowd. It was my Aunt Gina.

"Auntie Gina!" I hugged her.

"Hey sweety, how are you holding up?" She asked as we reached some seats.

"I'm good." I question struck me. "Where is Blake and Maryssa?"

"Who and who?"

"Blake and Maryssa my step mom and..." The words caught in my throat. For crying out loud. He was my step brother. The thought was weird. Oh My Jesus, I had sex with my step brother

"Step dad?" Aunt Gina guessed.

"No, my step brother," Creepy. But hey, we aren't related by blood so it's not as creepy. Right?

Nope, it's still creepy. Damn, I was never going to be able to look at him the same way again.

"Oh. Well, they are sitting somewhere." She shrugged. Great information. Not.

The Funeral began.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*


After we all met at the cemetery, everyone said their last goodbyes. I made sure mine was last.

The whole funeral, I had held strong and hadn't shed a single tear until I layed my hand on her casket.

I told her that I loved her and that I would keep strong. I prayed silently that she would watch over me. I didn't care that everyone else was probably watching me. I didn't care that watching me probably made everyone more sad. To me, everything else seemed to be faded; all noise was distant, I could only hear faint sounds behind my heart's beat. Everyone and every sound hid behind the inky darkness that swallowed me mentally.

A hand touched my shoulder, pulling me free. I turned around. It was Blake. I slammed into his chest, crying my heart out. It felt like all of my secrets poured out within my tears because after a few hours, after the after dinner thing, I felt free. Well, not free from the curse, or my stalker guy, or anything else that stood beyond my control, but of all my emotions I have been hiding for the past nine years.

It was dark and we had just finished putting trash in trash bags. Blake's arm was around my waist as we walked to the car. I must have fallen asleep in the car because all I remember was waking up in my own bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, there is going to be a 21st chapter, possably 22nd chapter depending how things go. But I also have a new book it's called Help Me. I think you guys/girls would like this story. I know its weird but it's going to be just as good as Roses Are Red. I promise. =D