Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 21

The week went by fast. I didn't talk to anyone. I only sat in my room and stared off into nothing. I didn't even go to school. At meals, I still wouldn't move. Blake would come in and eat with me. Although we ate in silence.

I hadn't seen Robby since that night we all had that conversation about their divorce. It didn't really bother me, seeing as he was never really around anyways. I didn't see any difference, but I did feel bad for Maryssa. She must be miserable. The divorce, my mom's funeral, my non-talking stage and... Oh my, I just remembered. She said she had cancer. I totally forgot.

I forgot whether she said it was a bad case, or if they caught it in time. I forgot if she'll be OK or it'll take time. God am I a bad listener. I was so involved in my own thoughts that I disregarded everyone else around me. I'm so terrible...

Blake came in with a two bowls of chicken noodle soup. He came in, set the bowls on my side table and sat next to me. Just like our routine. He kissed my cheek and looked at me. Usually, I would just keep looking off into space but this time I looked at him.

He smiled gently. "How are you?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

I'm glad he didn't ask if I was OK. Because that would be ridiculous. Of course I'm not OK, I watched my mom get buried and I discovered what a horrible person I was.

I nodded, "OK," Was all I could manage. He accepted that, too, and he didn't push it. then we ate in silence. When we were done eating, Blake took our dishes to the kitchen and came back to lay with me.

There was a weird silence. Not like the silence that usually passed between us, but it was... just weird. It seemed like he wanted to say something but couldn't say it.

"What?" I asked.

"Huh?" He looked at me confused.

"You seem like you want to say something, but your not."

There was a silence.

"Well? What is it?"

"I was going to ask if you still wanted to go to Conner's party tomorrow night. But I didn't think you would want to go because of this past week." He admitted.

"I do."

"You do?"

"Yes."

He looked at me.

"I have to get out and live. I can't stay in my room forever and mope."

"OK," He smiled, then looked at the clock. It was getting late (we usually ate late dinners).

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"OK," He kissed my forehead. "Goodnight," He left.

I layed back on my pillows and fell into a deep sleep.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment pleaseeeee