Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 3

We walked up to the front door. It seemed like it was miles. I dragged my duffel bag behind me.

One of the officers rang the doorbell. It only took a few seconds for a lady to answer the door.

The woman smiled politely at me. "You must be Amber. I'm Marissa." She held out her hand. But I didn't take the welcome. She took her hand back, awkwardly. "Come in," She still said with a smile.

The officers pushed me through the door, into a front living room. There was a two person couch and a few other chairs. There was a glass table and decorations all along the wall.

"Well, we'll be leaving now." Both officers nodded towards me, then my new step mom and left.

Maryssa turned and looked at me. "You wanna see your new room, and get settled? My husband and I painted the walls and bought new bed sheets for you."

I know that it's really early to tell, but I think I'm going to like it here. I took a deep breath, "Sure," I put on a fake smile. I doubt it met my eyes.

"OK," She patted my shoulder and led me down a narrow hallway. At the end of it there was a wooden door. "Here," She opened the door.

The opened door revealed a room, about the same size as my last one. There was a full sized bed with dark blue sheets and comfiter. There were yellow stars and a big, white full moon on it. The pillows were new, and were covered by the same design.

I turned to the wide window. There were plain, dark blue curtains opened on either side of it. There were two dressers, one long and one wide. There was also a nightstand next to my new bed. It held a lava lamp and a picture frame, but it was empty.

"We can go shopping tomorrow for more clothing and accessories, if you want." She said hesitantly.

I looked at her. I thought twice before talking, but I told myself that I was going to start a new life, I might as start now. "You seem scared." I really didn't want her being scared of me.

"Oh, I'm not scared. But I am nervous. I don't want you to hate me." She said shyly.

"Don't be. I'm just another human being."

She was still tense. "I know. I just... I've never had a daughter."

"Oh, well, I'd like to be your daughter." I had to say something. I didn't like to intrude on someone else's feelings in their own home.

She smiles, "I'd like that."

I smiled back and threw my duffel bag on the bed.

"Oh, I'll leave you to unpack." She closed the door on her way out.

I began unpacking my stuff

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

About two hours later Maryssa knocked on my door. "Hey Amber, our whole family is home, do you wanna some and meet them?" She poked her head in my room.

"Sure," I actually wanted to meet them. I jumped up from my bed and walked over to her. She lead me into the living room. There sat a man (I'm guessing is her husband), and a handsom guy about my age.

"Amber, this is Robby," She pointed to the older guy. "and this is Blake, my son."

Blake stared at me. Did I have something on my face or something?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and subscribing! Tell your friends!