Sequel: Catch Me If You Can

Roses Are Red. So Is Blood.

Chapter 4

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Amber." Robby smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, too." I only took my eyes off of Blake for a split second to look at Robby. Then I went back to staring back at him.

Seriously, did he think I was ugly, or did he not expect me to be... who I am?

"Blake, why wont you show Amber around? Get to know one another." He looked up at Maryssa.

Blake nodded and stood up. He walked back the way I came and went to my room. He stopped at the door.

I didn't really want to be rude and tell him that I've already seen my new room. I put my hand on the door. "I have seen this room, it's beautiful." I looked into his eyes.

He turned to the door across from mine and opened it. "This is my room." He spoke. His voice sent shivers running down my spine. I know this is going to be a girly comment.. but his voice was Sexy! Although, it seemed familiar for some reason.

I looked into his room, It was a dark room, like mine. Except two walls were dark blue and the other two were gray. It looked rather nice. There was a bed, about the same size as mine, but the sheets were black and tan. He had some posters of rock bands and pictures of his family. I looked at him. He was looking back at me. I swear I wont last long in this house if he's gonna keep this stalkerish act up. "It's nice." OK, now I was getting a little freaked out.

"Thank you." He shut his door and showed me where the bathrooms were. He showed me the basement. They had a game room! he showed me the kitchen, and his secret stash of junk food. By now, he had loosened up a bit.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

At dinner time, we all sat at the dinner table. We were having steak with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes.

Before we ate, Robby lead grace. Then we all dug in. There were little conversations here and there. Technically small talk, like in the movies when the ladies are having a tea party. Although, it wasn't that little.

Maryssa and I had made plans to go shopping tomorrow. Robby was taking Blake fishing. I thought that was cute that the girls did something and the guys did something. It was a real family.

Then I realized the most dreadful thing that I could realize. I was happy. That meant that someone was going to die. Was Robby going to fall in the lake and hit his head on the boat? Or was Maryssa going to get in a car crash and end up like my sister? Would Blake get bitten by a poisonous snake or something? I could only imagine what my stalker dude was planning for his next avenge.

I choked on some water a little bit, while realizing this. Maryssa and Robby both looked at me in concern. "I'm good," I managed to whisper. Tears welling up in my eyes because the water went down the wrong pipe. (We have all been there. We all know what I'm talking about).

Blake was eating his food, paying no mind to me. It was like he didn't care that much. Oh man, what if he doesn't like me? What if he feels like I'm intruding on his life? Man that sucks! I just wish he would tell me or something. In fact, it looked like he chuckled a little bit. Or at least smiled a little bit when I started to 'choke'. Oh my gosh my step brother is a phyco.

After dinner, it was apparently Blake's night to do the dishes. I stayed behind to ask him what was up. So, as he washed, I dried.

"Hey," I said, not looking at him as I dried.

He didn't say anything. Was I like, invisible or something to him?

"I'm sorry if you feel like I'm intruding on your life." I shook my head. "I know... you're probably use to being an only child. But if you want, it can be like I'm not even here. I'm actually very good at staying out of people's lives. I've done a pretty good job, so far. Why not..."

"Will you shut up?" He asked in a normal tone.

That answered my question if he liked me or not.

"Sorry. And you're not intruding. You're actually, probably making a good change for this family. And definitely for you. There is no way..." He stopped talking.

I looked at him. I wasn't sure if I should ask what he was saying. So, I did. "What?"

He stayed quiet.

"Blake?"

"What?"

"What were you saying?"

"I wasn't saying anything,"

"Yes you were,"

"Do you like horse back ridding?"

"I.. don't know, never tried it?"

"I'll have to take you sometime." He finished washing the dishes and began putting away the ones I had dried.

"But that wasn't..."

"You have very nice eyes."

"Uhh... thank you?"

"You're welcome."

I laughed.

He smiled. He had a bright smile. I loved it.

"You have a wonderful smile." I complimented.

"Thank you," He said, still smiling.

"So, what hobby's do you do?" I asked, finished drying the dishes.

"I play football, baseball, wrestling, cross country, soccer, golf, fishing. Oh! And I play chess."

I laughed again. Chess? I can understand football and the rest, but Chess?

He finished putting the dishes away and went over to his door, I went to mine. "Goodnight," Then he went into his room and closed the door.

I went into my room, smiling. I got into my PJ's and got cozy under the blankets.

Then I totally remembered that he had changed the subject.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to admit, this is one of my best chapters I have ever written. I laughed so much when I wrote this.

Note: There is a lot of sarcasm and jokes (you might not have caught) that are in this chapter.

Comment&Subscribe!!!!