Status: completed.

His Name Is Kirby Jones

one;

“I swear to god Drew if I find another bra that isn’t mine in the laundry basket again I will slice a limb off you when you next go to sleep…alone.” Zoey threatened darkly that Friday morning.

It was like any other day in the Titian household. Drew, the eldest sibling had just said goodbye to his fling of the week, Martha or Melanie something…and had come back into the kitchen the see the usual Titian routine. His second-eldest brother Lucas was reading quietly, sitting in his usual place, and it was no doubt he’d read that book well over a million times, while chewing thoughtfully on an apple. His third-eldest brother, Tommy was shovelling what appeared cereal into his mouth while still half-asleep. His fourth-eldest brother Jonah was searching his pockets for his morning cigarette; little did he know that Zoey had hid them for the fifth time that week. Then there was little Kennedy who was eating his freshly prepared pancakes and chopped banana by their only and lovely sister, Zoey whom was currently glaring at Drew for his again mishap of who’s underwear was who.

“Calm down peanut.” Drew teased, using his old familiar nickname and waltzed in, pinching a piece of chopped banana from Kennedy’s dish.

“Where’s mine?” Drew asked with his mouthful. Zoey rolled her eyes but nevertheless pointed to the frying pan, where some bacon was sitting readily for him to eat.

“You’re the best.” He murmured, as he hungrily looked at the sizzling meat.

“Good morning my minions, good morning baby girl” Marcus Titian, the Titian’s father and first man of the house called cheerily as he entered the busy kitchen. A few grunts of responses as Zoey handed her father a cup of coffee, one sugar, no milk.

“It’s Friday which means…” their father cheered.

“Movie night!” they chorused back some cheerily, some sarcastically and some flatly.

Marcus rolled his eyes and smirked, he really did love his boys and girl. He took a generous sip of his coffee and glanced at the ticking clock and almost choked.

“Damn, I’m late!” he cursed, and smacked his coffee down, spilling it on the counter. Zoey smiled slightly as she handed him a brown bag containing some lunch and an extra sandwich for him to eat while he drove to work.

“You’re a doll!” he murmured, and kissed her head. “See you tonight; I’ll be home by seven!” Marcus hollered, and ruffled Kennedy’s hair as he rushed out. Zoey giggled as she watched her clumsy father almost walk into the door, forgetting to open it then rushing out the door.

Turning back to her brothers, she egged Kennedy to hurry up or they’d be late.

“Who’s taking me?” Kennedy asked. Zoey went to the fridge and looked at the organised timetable of drop-off’s and pick-ups’ that she herself had created. She looked at Friday and searched for Kennedy’s name, school run….

The older boys seemed to tense, awaiting the dreaded news. “Today we have Tommy!” Zoey cheered sarcastically and smirked at Tommy who hit the table with his fist. This would mean he would have to physically get changed and leave the house, when his plan to laze around and play video games all day now seemed distant.

“Jonah, I’m driving!” Zoey suddenly said, as her brother was creeping out to the front and he cursed, only to be warned by Drew, who was happily finishing Kennedy’s breakfast.

“Right, Jonah’s with me. Drew your lunch is on the side, Kennedy I’ve packed yours and you’re with Tommy, don’t forget to wear a seat belt.” Zoey said, and picked up her own bag, sliding it on her right shoulder.

“Tommy please be careful, and Luc?” Zoey called, finally capturing his attention away from the book, he looked up and smiled shyly.

“Have a good day” she said softly, smiling gently and he grinned back her.

“Okay, all systems go…” Zoey teased, and Kennedy giggled, whereas Tommy rolled his eyes and shoved Kennedy nearer the door. All four of them left systemically, Tommy jumping in Drew’s car, Kennedy jumping in after. Jonah grouchily got in the passenger seat of his car that he was forced to share with Zoey and even sometimes Lucas. Happily, Zoey got in the car and started it up, but she let Jonah pick the radio station.

An upbeat, punk-rock type song started to play and Zoey grinned, and then nudged her brother who couldn’t help but smile back at her. Her personality was infectious. Reversing quickly, they sped off to school and like that it was just a normal day.
--
“Why are we here?” Elena Forde whined childishly, she was one of Zoey’s best friends and had known her since they started high school. Elena was loud, colourful and most likely insane but nonetheless, Zoey adored her to pieces.

“I need to pick a movie for tonight, it’s my turn.” Zoey said simply as she searched more of the action-comedy section. They were in the local town library that also provided a wide selection of films to rent. Every week, one of the Titian family members would come down and pick a movie for their annual Friday Night Movie; it was like a law to them.

Silently, Elena moaned again with impatience but smirked slightly. She thought that the Friday Night Movie law in the Titian house was adorable. She had sometimes attended, but when she had, she felt like she was intruding, not that she’d ever tell Zoey that.

“Aha!” Zoey said almost victoriously as she picked a film, it had action, comedy and even a dash of romance. It was also suitable for Kennedy to watch. The countless of times that Tommy picked a horror film and she was the one to deal with Kennedy’s nightmare problems.

“At last, come on let’s get out of here…” Elena begged dragging Zoey’s arm down the aisle and suddenly let go, as somebody was in the way. As Elena let go, and Zoey quickly followed, sharply turning the corner, she bumped into two people.

One was a burly man that hit her shoulder and muttered a word and walked off, the other she didn’t notice because whoever it was had just spilled, lukewarm coffee all over her white t-shirt she had put on that morning.

Zoey gasped as the liquid hit her front, spilling all down her jeans, and seeped through her t-shirt, revealing a bit of her pale blue bra. When she whipped her head upwards, the end of her long, brown loose curls were soaked and stunk of coffee. Her eyes met his.

The criminal.

“What the hell!” Zoey spat angrily, as the shocked looking guy stared at her coffee-soaked torso. Elena who had waltzed ahead had finally noticed Zoey was not following and marched back to the scene, where a few people were now staring at her best friend.

“What is going on?” Elena asked and Zoey turned to her stiffly. “I’m—I’m so sorry!” the guy stuttered nervously, and Zoey’s eyes narrowed at him.

“Sorry? Dude, you just soaked me!” she spat, she was never one to be rude but this had just thrown her completely off her element. She had just been soaked…with coffee. She was entitled to be angry.

“I didn’t see you, the guy was in the way and I caught myself on my freaking shoe…and oh my god—I’m so sorry!” he blurted out again, staring at her wide-eyed. His curly hair on top of his head bounced as his head moved.

Zoey took a deep breath and reminded herself it was an accident. “Yeah…well okay.” She said flatly and looked down at herself again. She looked terrible.

Suddenly, the boy rummage in his black leather satchel that was decorated with badges and pins and even drew on with what looked like permanent markers. Elena stared at them both with shock, unsure what to do.

The boy suddenly handed her a wad of money. “Here, please take this. I really am—” he began.

“Sorry? Yeah I know…look I can’t take your money. Just be more aware next time, I’d hate to think how many girls you do this too.” She said, teasingly slightly. He thankfully caught the tone and smiled slightly, almost nervous.

“I insist.” He mumbled, but Zoey shoved the money in his hand.

“Honestly, it’s fine. I’m overreacting…I was just shocked is all.” She ordered, and the guy felt he couldn’t say no. Elena coughed slightly.

“Want me to go check that out?” she asked, wanting to leave still. Zoey nodded, and handed her the DVD case. The librarian volunteers had finally noticed the commotion and were coming over with mops and buckets.

“I’d better get going…” Zoey muttered, stepping away from the puddle and from the boy, who looked panicked.

“I really am sorry.” He said sincerely, and Zoey flashed him a quick smile.

“I know. It’s fine, no hard feelings…” Zoey insisted, stepping further away and gave him a reassuring smile before turning away. But just as she took a couple of steps, she turned back and smirked at him.

“By the way, who drinks slightly warm coffee?” she joked, and before he could come up with a witty reply like he usually would. The girl disappeared from his sight, leaving him standing there, with an empty coffee cup, and a horrendous amount of guilt and stupidity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there :)
So, as you can see I've started a new story but I'm really unsure on where it's going. Depending on feedback, and sorting out the plotline, I'm not sure if this will stay but there's no harm in trying :)

Feel free to comment, they really encourage me and subscribe for more :)
<3