Status: completed.

His Name Is Kirby Jones

fifteen;

Elena called the following day to hear all about the date and Zoey was glad to fill her in. Elena squealed for about five minutes when she heard that Zoey and Kirby were ‘dating’. Of course, it was unofficial and had to be kept under severe wraps, but it was still happening. Zoey quickly informed Zack in too, who was delighted at the news.
At noon, Zoey was even happier to hear her father’s voice call through the door.

“I’m home kids!” he bellowed, and the sound of stampede was heard as all five boys, and girl rushed down the stairs, squabbling like children. Marcus laughed as he shrugged his duffel bag off his shoulder, allowing it to fall to the floor. He put down the mail he just collected and opened his arms, catching Kennedy as the little boy jumped at him. Marcus roared as he lifted Kennedy up above his head, with Kennedy squealing with joy.

“How’s my little boy?” he asked, placing him on the floor, and ruffling his head. Kennedy looked up at his father, and grinned proudly.

“Good! I missed you Dad!” Kennedy said, and the two embraced again. Marcus kissed his head, and looked up and smiled even wider seeing his other children.

“Ah Tommy, come here…” Marcus teased, and the two did a very manly hug, as did Lucas and Drew.

“How’s everything been?” Marcus asked Drew.

“Good, we’re been fine Dad…” Drew reassured him, glancing at Lucas and Jonah to warn them not to say anything. Tommy knew this already. Jonah quickly hugged his father, and finally Zoey came into view. She pushed past her brothers and hugged her Dad tightly.
Marcus lifted her up slightly, and sighed softly in her ears. “I missed you, peanut.” He murmured, kissing her cheek before letting her feet on the ground again.

“Missed you too Daddy” Zoey replied sweetly. All six of Marcus’s children chattered away, filling him in on his week’s absence. Marcus then handed out gifts. He managed one day full of souvenir shopping, he’d got Drew a new sports top for work, for Lucas a book which was apparently only found in England, for Tommy was some new guitar picks, and some leather bracelets, as for Jonah he brought him some oil paints and a pack of smokes, and as for Kennedy, he got a car model and a England T-shirt…

“And I hope you don’t mind, but I spent a little extra on your sister….not by much but I just wanted to let you know it has nothing to do with favouritism, but this I had to get…” Marcus explained, all five boys nodded understanding their father wasn’t being cruel, and waited excitedly for Zoey’s present.

Zoey’s stomach tense, and she grinned and she closed her eyes and opened her hands and Marcus placed the gift, it was box shaped and felt like velvet. Opening her eyes, it appeared to be dark green velvet jewellery box.

Zoey slowly opened it and gasped when she saw it, it was a beautiful silver necklace, with a gold rose symbolising what must be England, and silver ring around it.

“Oh my god, Dad this is beautiful…” she said, in awe as she took it out its casing.

“I went past this old jewellery shop and I saw it and I knew it would suit you…” Marcus gushed, and Zoey grinned.

“I love it!” she exclaimed, hugging Marcus tightly, whispering thank you many times. Marcus chuckled and broke the embrace.

“Put it on…” he urged, Zoey lifted up her hair, and placed it to one side, and put the necklace on. Allowing it to fall into place, she move her hair back and look down at her neck, where the necklace proudly displayed.

“It looks great.” Kennedy complimented and Zoey pinched his cheek lightly.

“Thank you Dad” Zoey said solemnly. Marcus smiled softly.

“After everything you do for the boys and I, you deserve it…” Marcus ensured her.

After thanks all round, Marcus went upstairs to unpack. Zoey began to make lunch, and the boys separated. Drew was going to the gym, along with Tommy, Lucas retreated to his room for more studying, and Jonah and Kennedy went outside to play ball.

It was good to have to Titian family back together again.
--
The next week came and Zoey and Kirby acted flirtier with one another, occasionally holding hands when not in view, and a few kisses on the cheeks, but nothing more. It was that Tuesday night, after a boring but manageable date at school. Zoey came home to find
Tommy smirking with satisfaction as he was talking to Lucas in the kitchen.

“What’s going on?” she asked as she got herself a drink.

“That fucking Ronnie Gink got what he deserved!” Tommy boomed proudly. Zoey froze, and turned around shocked.

“What did you do?” she asked worriedly.

“Not me, what some other lucky bastard did. I saw Ronnie today, crawling out of his apartment, with a hood on…I walked up to him, and about to give him one when I saw somebody else had already done it. He’s got a great big shiner on his left eye!” Tommy said, laughing happily. Zoey relaxed, realising it would have been Kirby.

Lucas glanced at Zoey suspiciously but didn’t say anything. Tommy ruffled her hair as he left something about going on his guitar. This left Lucas and Zoey alone in uncomfortable silence.

“It was him wasn’t it? That guy….Kurt or something?” Lucas said quietly as he peeled an orange. Zoey glanced nervously out of the kitchen door, and saw no other of her brothers were near. She quickly closed the door and looked at Luc.

“Kirby.” She corrected, Lucas nodded and looked at her, waiting for her to say something.

“Kirby punched Ronnie for me and this other dude…” she said at last, Lucas raised an eyebrow.

“Why this other dude?” he asked, confused.

“Sam Toner asked me to have sex with him….Kirby found me all upset and after lunch, he punched him in the jaw. Kirby got sent home.” Zoey muttered. Lucas was surprised and felt thankful to the guy.

“That was…nice of him.” He said unsure. Zoey shrugged, feeling nervous.

“So what’s going on with you and this Kirby guy?” Lucas asked interestedly. Zoey instantly felt her cheeks begin to burn and looks down.

Lucas smirked, knowing he hit a nerve. “Come on, tell me…I promise not to make a big deal…” he murmured, and Zoey looked at him worriedly.

“We’re dating.” She blurted out, and Lucas smiled, already half knowing that.

“I see, so that’s where you’ve been sneaking off to when seeing Elena?” Lucas asked curiously, Zoey nodded in confirmation.

“He took me out on a date last week, it was romantic and sweet and we walked on the beach Luc….I told him about Mom.” Zoey said softly, and Luc showed a face of surprise on hearing the prior. Talking about their mother was difficult for them, especially Zoey and Tommy.

“Wow, that’s pretty big…you must really like this guy.” Lucas said, watching as his sister’s face lit up.

“Yeah I really do. He just…makes me happy Luc. ” Zoey said gently. Lucas nodded and stepped closer, patting her shoulder.

“When it gets official, you’re going to have to tell the others…” Lucas told her sternly. Zoey shrugged.

“You know how they’ll act…” she mumbled. Lucas nodded, it was true that the older Titians and their father were extremely over-protective and that dating for Zoey was extremely difficult. She’d never had a boyfriend before.

“It’ll be okay, peanut.” Lucas assured her. Zoey nodded and the two briefly hugged.

“Right, I’m off to the library…” Lucas said, picking up his satchel and walking out. Zoey chuckled and shook her head. She was glad there was one brother on her side.
--
The dates continued for Kirby and Zoey, they often went to the beach or a downtown restaurant. They went to the movies, and over the next two weeks, Zoey spent a lot of time at his house.

Kirby and Zoey shared their first kiss in their garden, and the chemistry between them fizzed as their lips touched. Every single day, their feelings grew for one another, and eventually they beginning to lose themselves in it.

Elena and Zack were used as cover-ups which spiked suspicions in her brothers, but thanks to Lucas’s reassuring, no one questioned. It rounded up to a full three weeks of Kirby and Zoey dating, and it had to be said they were happier than ever.

It was another evening at Kirby’s, Dora and Michael had gone out for the first time in a long time. This was due to Michael’s illness worsening; he was beginning to develop the flu, which in his condition is vital. Dora insisted they go out before he got worse. Zoey had noticed that Dora’s bright, cheerful attitude was beginning to fade, and the real emotions of worry, sadness and defeat were being to show. Zoey often offered to help whenever she could.

It deeply saddened Zoey at times when she went over to Kirby’s, which had been most evenings, Michael never had recollection of her and believed her as a stranger, it took a lot for Zoey not to insist they had already met. Kirby, however was use to his grandfather’s questioning and just replied the usual.

By during this evening, on the rare occasion that Dora and Michael were out, Kirby and Zoey had opted for an evening in. Currently it was eight o’clock and Zoey had made herself comfortable in Kirby’s bed, sinking into it, and trying to hide herself away as Kirby was messing around on the computer.

“What are you doing?” Kirby asked, spinning on his chair, to see Zoey had completely disappeared under the duvet.

“I’m tired.” Zoey replied honestly. Kirby smirked, and quickly shut down the screen he’d been on and shuffled over to his bed. He had to admit, he loved the fact that he and Zoey were acting like an official couple. He’d never admit this to her yet though, due to the fact it was too risky yet. They’d been dating three weeks, and Kirby knew that once they were official, everyone would know, including Zoey’s over-protective brothers. But this didn't stop him wishing they were official.

He pulled back a corner, and slid in, making himself comfortable. “Where are you?” he teased, as he tried to find her hid under his covers.

He lifted the other half of the cover up and revealed Zoey lying on her side, facing him.

“Hey beautiful.” He murmured and Zoey beamed and crawled over to him, placing her head on his chest and bringing the cover back over her body. Kirby kissed her hair, and he could smell her shampoo.

“Hey handsome” Zoey said and listened to his heartbeat. Kirby found his fingers playing with her hair, as she laid comfortably on him.

“What time have you got to be home?” Kirby asked regretfully. Zoey sighed and moved off him, and laid her head on the pillow, looking at him. He placed both of his hands on his chest and remained looking upwards.

“Elena’s picking me up at ten.” She said sadly, she didn’t want to leave. She was too blissfully ignorant of her family back home. Kirby nodded to confirm he had heard.

“So when do you think we’ll go official?” he asked, looking at down at her finally.

“When do you want to?” Zoey replied curiously, positioning her hand under her cheek. Kirby turned to his side and stroked her cheek softly.

“As soon as possible, keeping you a secret is difficult…especially as I really want you to be my girlfriend.” Kirby murmured truthfully. Zoey looked at him in surprise and gave a weak smile.

“I want to be too.” Zoey replied back. Kirby quickly bent down and pecked her lips.

“Well, why don’t we?” he asked logically. Zoey sighed and turned away, looking up at his ceiling.

“My brothers will go insane when they find out. I need more time.” Kirby sighed, feeling defeat.

“Okay.” He murmured, not ignoring his disappointment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit disheartned about no feedback, ah well :)
I'm losing faith a bit in this....