Status: completed.

His Name Is Kirby Jones

four;

Luc and Jonah were hanging out in their house, which was rare seeing as Jonah was usually out, but with Drew on a date and Tommy at work, it left them to bond, which involved video games. Their father had gone to the market to get food for dinner, where two of their family members would be missing it.

“Dude, you totally cheated!” Jonah said, as Luc did a swift move and slaughtered Jonah’s character, gaining Luc an extra life and plenty more points.

“Deal with it.” He muttered, and Jonah rolled his eyes as they continued.

“Kennedy Parker Titian, get your little butt in that house!” Zoey’s voice snapped furiously, and the slam of a door was heard. Luc paused the game and turned his head waiting for his brother to strop in.

And he did, he slammed the front door in Zoey’s face and that pissed her off further. She opened the door quickly and slammed it behind her.

“That’s it! Get to your room now!” she shouted, Kennedy froze, his back facing her, he looked furious, and tears streamed down his face. He hated fighting with Zoey, but he was so angry.

“You’re not Dad!” he snapped, and Luc watched, whereas Jonah held back a smirk as he watched his sister lose it. Zoey’s eyes seemed to harden further.

“Don’t be disrespectful; get to your room now!” Zoey demanded. Kennedy spun around and stuck his tongue out, and blew a raspberry.

“You suck!” he snapped, and Zoey glared. “Go!” she ordered.

“No!” Kennedy said defiantly. Lucas now stepped in, got up and walked over to Kennedy, and placed his hand firmly his baby brother’s shoulder. Looking down at him, and gave a disappointed look.

Lucas rarely got angry, but he hated people being disrespectful, especially Zoey seeing as she waits on Kennedy hand and foot. It was so unlike Kennedy to behave like this. Knowing that Kennedy needed to go calm down in his room, and he had the authority to send him, as does Zoey. He said:

“Kennedy, go to your room.” In a firm, but soft voice that showed he wasn’t angry, and Kennedy sobbed before running up the stairs frantically, needing to find his bed for comfort.

“That little…” Zoey grumbled, storming into the kitchen. Jonah got up and followed, as did Lucas.

“What’s happened?” Jonah asked, helping himself to an apple.

“I was talking to some new guy at the pool, completely harmless and Kennedy goes and drenches us with water on purpose, then was really rude, then on the way home he acted like a complete brat and called me stupid…” she said irritated.

“That’s so weird…why’s he acting like this?” Jonah said confused. Zoey shrugged in response.

“I think it was jealousy” Lucas said, and Zoey rolled her eyes, it was clear this was a Titian trait.

“Whatever, I’m just so mad right now. I’m going to go take a shower….do you guys want anything to eat?” Zoey asked, calming down.

“We’ll make it.” Jonah insisted, and Zoey nodded and left the room.

“Do you think the dude was hitting on her?” Jonah asked Luc, who shrugged.

“Maybe, but Kennedy’s too attached to Zoey sometimes…he’s too dependent on her.” Lucas muttered, and Jonah nodded agreeing.

“I need a smoke.” He said quietly, and searched in his sweatshirt pockets, finding his little sticks.

“You coming out?” Jonah asked, Luc sighed but nodded all the same, knowing to keep him company.

Jonah lit up the cigarette and inhaled deeply. “You know-” Luc began, as he watched.

“That those things are bad for you…I’m not an idiot.” Jonah finished bitterly, as he exhaled and smoke exited his nostrils.

“You will stop eventually right?” Lucas said, and Jonah nodded.

“Yeah” he said honestly, and that seemed good enough for Luc.

“Want a drag?” Jonah offered, and Luc took it off him and took one drag. Jonah was surprised but knew it was best not to comment.

“Hypocrite.” Jonah teased and as per usual, Lucas rolled his eyes.

“Want a sandwich?” he offered.

“Do I have to make it?” Jonah asked suspiciously, and Lucas smirked. The two brothers looked at each other and knew exactly what the other meant.

“McDonald’s.” they said in chorus and went round to the front, in Lucas’s car and went to the nearest golden arches.
--
Zoey could hardly contain her excitement, with her ipod blaring ‘Cooler than me’ by Mike Posner. Zoey was bobbing her head side to side, as she mouthed along to the words. She had an hour until she had to meet Elena at her house, and she had already showered, shaved and moisturized, packed her stuff for the night and planned her outfit. Examining herself in the mirror, she began playing with her hair, she tried continuously but nothing was happening, instead she decided to leave it down and put in some curls, seeing her natural ones had been dropping due to her constantly running her hand through her hair. She picked up her curlers and put in some loose curls, giving it more volume. Messing them up slightly, to give a natural look, she finally sprayed some hairspray over her head. After this, Zoey started her makeup, being with a small amount of cover-up. She dabbed some golden eye shadow on her eyelids, smoothing it over. The song had changed, and Zoey began to mouth along to that one as she underlined her eyes with black eyeliner, afterwards coating her eyelashes with multiple layers of mascara. With her eyes well and truly defined, Zoey brushed her cheeks with bronzer and slicked on some clear lip gloss.

She coughed slightly as the spray was still in the air, as she walked over to her dresser and picked up the hanger in which her chosen dress was hanging on.

She had brought it in a sale about a year ago with Elena, and after confirmation from her best friend, it was the dress in which she was going to wear. Zoey slipped the dress on and she dressed it up with an extra-long pearl necklace, tying a knot in the middle, and slipping some gold and cream bracelets on her wrists. Sighing with contentment, Zoey slipped in some off-gold coloured metal feather earrings, and squirting some perfume in which Drew had brought for her birthday on her neck and wrists. Zoey picked up her old faithful cream/tinged gold wedges which were nice and worn in for dancing.

Zoey then went and stood in front of her full length mirror which was nailed on the back of her door. She looked quite pretty, she wouldn’t call herself beautiful, but when made an effort, she can look pretty.

Picking up her bag which contained her phone and lip-gloss, and keys, Zoey then picked up her overnight bag and wandered downstairs, where Lucas, Jonah, Kennedy and Tommy, along with her father were sitting, watching TV.

“Ta-da!” Zoey teased, looking right at her father who instantly smiled at her.

“You look beautiful baby girl!” he praised, as he looked over her attire.

“Isn’t that dress a bit low-cut…and short?” Tommy questioned, he still wasn’t pleased with this idea. Zoey rolled her eyes.

“C’mon, I look okay right?” she asked unsure. Luc smiled gently at her “You look gorgeous.” He said, and Zoey thanked him.

“You look horrible!” Kennedy snapped angrily, and glared at the television. Zoey stared at him hard, and it was silent.

“What did you just say to your sister Kennedy?” Marcus asked sternly. Kennedy sighed.

“Nothing.” He mumbled, and Zoey rolled her eyes. “You know, you can really be a brat Kennedy. I can’t believe how you’re behaving.” She said, in a disappointed tone. Kennedy’s eyes welled up and he stormed off, back upstairs, retreating to his room.

“Leave him; I’ll talk to him later.” Marcus said, Jonah stood up and hugged Zoey.

“You look great, but no funny business right?” he said, teasing slightly. Zoey rolled her eyes, but promised anyways. Marcus got up and kissed her cheek.

“You’re going to be alright? Ring me if there is any, slight, tiny problem…” Marcus fussed, and Zoey laughed, and told him to calm down.

“Have a good time…” Lucas called, and turned the sound back on the TV. Jonah and Zoey headed for the door, Tommy watched them leave.

“Be careful!” he suddenly shouted after and the door closed behind them. Marcus turned back around and looked at her sons.

“She’ll be okay….right?” he said unsure, the happy Dad act he’d been playing in front of Zoey was gone, and he now showed how he truly felt – a wreck. Lucas smirked slightly and glanced at Tommy who was still looking pissed.

“Yes Dad, Jonah’s with her anyways…”

“Jonah will most likely be fucking a girl…” Tommy grumbled, causing Marcus to snap his attention to him.

“Tommy, language…and he won’t, he’s promised me he won’t….”

“Dad…it’s Jonah for Christ sake…” Tommy argued, and Marcus fidgeted as he tried to concentrate on the screen, his leg shaking with nerves.

“I shouldn’t have let her go…” he mumbled, worriedly. Tommy laughed sarcastically.

“You think?” he scoffed, and Lucas muted the TV once more.

“Dad, Tommy…calm the hell down…she’ll be fine. Zoey’s sensible, have a bit of faith.” Lucas said, getting irritated as he was missing the show.

“Fine…” Marcus said, trying to relax. Lucas was right, his daughter was sensible, and she would be careful. He now did have faith.

“What’s up with Kenny then?” Tommy asked suddenly, looking at Lucas, who glanced at his brother.

“He’s jealous that Zoey’s going out without him, but his behaviour today has been bad Dad….he bitched Zoey out earlier.” Lucas explained. Marcus sighed, feeling tired.
“Who wants to go talk to him?” Marcus offered. Lucas looked at his father, noticing the bags under his eyes.

“I’ll do it…” he confirmed, Marcus said a grateful smile, then all three of the men turned their full attention to the TV, trying not to think of what would happen at the party Zoey was at, and why their brother was acting out.
--
After picking up Elena, who looked amazing in a black ruffle mini-skirt, giving the illusion of curves which she didn’t usually have, along with a bright red vest top, matching her hair which was in its usual teased-up style, the vest top had thin silver chains draping off it, giving an added to the punk-rocker style, and finished off with heavy kohl, smoky eyes, bright scarlet lips, and killer red heels. In all, she looked stunning. They set off to Ronnie G’s house.

Jonah wolf-whistled, causing Elena to smile and blush slightly, she climbed into Jonah’s car, and flashed a smile at Zoey who had just got in the back also.

“Do I look okay?” Elena asked, Zoey grinned.

“You look incredible; boys are going to be all over you…” Zoey said enthusiastically, and Elena giggled.

“Says you, you look so hot!” Elena cheered, and Jonah coughed slightly, as he indicated left. Zoey giggled again and patted Elena’s arm.

“We’re going to have a great time.” She assured her friend. The rest of the journey, Jonah filled the car with music, and the girls got into a hyper mood.

“Is Zack coming?” Zoey asked, and Elena nodded happily. Zoey grinned again; she’d wish her two best friends would see they were both secretly crushing on the other.

Pulling up to Ronnie’s house was a scene to be hold, cars were scatted down the road, and loud, dance music could be heard outside, muffled slightly. People were drinking outside the house, in groups, and some girls were messing around by dancing near the sprinklers, which had been set off, causing themselves to be soaked, and grabbing a lot of the boys attention as their t-shirt began see-through. The door was already open and the place was packed, Ronnie’s furniture had been moved, as a makeshift dance-floor was made.
Walking in, the smell of sweat, alcohol, musk, and a faint smell of drugs wafted in the air. Jonah placed his hand around his sister’s wrist, as they pushed themselves through the packed crowd. One of Ronnie’s was a DJ and brought his set-up, as disco lights were racing around the room, people were dancing hyperactively, grinding and it appeared having a great, intoxicated time.

“This is amazing!” Elena whooped in Zoey’s ear, as someone grinded against her as she was walking past. Being Elena, she just giggled and the guy whispered in her ear, Elena nodded and gave Zoey a look which meant she was going with him. The guy and Elena in hand went into the centre of the dance floor and started to dance in rhythm, his hands on her Elena’s shaking hips.

Jonah managed to get them to the kitchen, which was a bit calmer, but it was where the drinks were. Jonah glanced at Zoey apprehensively, he wasn’t sure he should leave her.

“Jonah, there’s a really cute girl behind you….she’s staring at you.” Zoey told Jonah quietly, and Jonah instantly perked up and glanced behind his shoulder naturally, and saw the brunette girl, that did in fact look cute, with short brunette hair that was cropped, and teased at the back, with outlined eyes, and she was wearing a peach summer-dress, and black tights, along with black heels. In fact, she was pretty hot, thought Jonah.

“Um…” he said, looking between the girl who was checking him out, to his sister.

“Go!” she enthused, hoping to get rid of him. Jonah did a glance again, and made up his mind.

“Don’t drink any alcohol, and put your bag in the pantry so it doesn’t get stolen, I’ll come check on you in an hour…” he ordered, Zoey nodded and watched as her brother sauntered, hands in pockets over to the girl, who giggled at a joke Jonah must have made.

Almost cheering with delight, Zoey did what Jonah asked, and went and got herself a Diet Coke, and went to search for Elena, instead as she was just about to enter the dance room, she heard a familiar voice.

“Zoey!” the person called, spinning around. Zoey grinned, seeing Zackary Briars, more known as just Zack was coming towards her, beer in his hand.

“Hey Zack” she said warmly, and they hugged in greeting.

“You look great” Zack complimented, and they both moved out of the door way as someone wanted to leave the kitchen.

“Thanks bud, so do you….” She said, and Zack showed his shy smile.

“Where’s El?” he asked hopefully, and Zoey chuckled before glancing out the doorway and couldn’t see Elena in the crowd.

“I think she’s dancing with some guy, she got dragged off before we got to the kitchen…” Zoey said, laughing and Zack tried to laugh too, but he felt a bit disheartened.

“Want to dance?” he offered, and Zoey nodded, she sipped her coke and placed it on the bookshelf, so it had little chance of being spiked.

“C’mon bud….show me your moves!” Zoey teased, and took her best friend’s hand and they went into the dance room, and started to dance like the geeks that they were.

About half an hour later, sweating slightly, Zack offered to go get her drink, while Zoey made the decision to continue dancing. It wasn’t long, without Zack’s company that some guys made their move, declining them, Zoey continued alone, until she spotted a familiar face.
Cassie Coleman, a nice girl that was in her Chemistry and Math class began to dance with her. It was then, that Zoey felt a guy behind her, turning round; she saw it was the actual host. Ronnie Gink.
“Hey, you’re Zoey right?” he shouted, over the music. Zoey nodded. Zoey had to admit, that
Ronnie was pretty hot, he had the whole bad boy era about him, with his black hair, that was in an emo-style, and the 4mm black stretcher that occupied his right ear, and the silver ball that was on his bottom lip. He had nice eyes, they were blue, reminding Zoey a bit like the sky.

“I’m Ronnie…” he introducing, flashing a smile at him, Zoey replied: “I know, I think my friends know you…” she said, and Ronnie smirked at her.
“Well I’m glad they invited you.” He flirted, and then the track was changed, into a very upbeat song. Zoey blushed slightly, and looked at the floor. Zoey recognized it to be a remix of Hotel Room Service by the ever famous Pitbull.

“Wanna dance with me pretty girl?” Ronnie offered, and Zoey felt like she couldn’t say no, so did a risk by nodding.

The heavy drum beat began, and Ronnie looked right at her. Her stomach flipped. Nervously, Zoey placed her hand on his shoulder, Ronnie took the gesture, and picked up her other and placed that hand on his other shoulder, and moved closer, Zoey could smell him, he smelt like cologne and a whiff of alcohol but it wasn’t off putting. Zoey began to move her hips, and Ronnie put his hands on her hips, pulling her whole body closer, so no space was between them. Zoey then joined her hand together behind Ronnie’s neck, and they instantly began to rhythm, grinding into one another.

Oddly, Zoey was enjoying herself, as they grinded, and moved in a nice motion. She could feel gazes on her, as the host of this top party was dancing with her, and appeared to be enjoying it, as he smirked down at her.

“You’re good…” he said into her ear, and kissed it slightly. Zoey shivered, and looked up at him.

“You’re okay…” she teased, and Ronnie laughed, and pulled away, and spun her around quickly, shocking her but because she was loose, it didn’t go wrong. He had a firm grasp on her and circles her arms around her stomach, Zoey placed her hands over his and they swayed, and moved this way, Ronnie’s face was right beside her cheek.

“You know, every guy here is jealous that I’m dancing with you…” he said charmingly. Zoey rolled her eye, and twirled herself out of his grasp. Ronnie pulled her back, and placed his hands back on her waist, and they resumed their old position, and danced again, Zoey shaking her head.

“How many girls you said that to tonight?” Zoey whispered in his ear loudly. Ronnie smirked, and looked right at her. As a clear bass line came out, everyone going crazy and getting into it.

“One.” He said, and Zoey scoffed.

“Can’t think of any better pickup lines?” she teased, and Ronnie’s eyes sparkled with amusement.

“Want me to pick you up then?” he retorted, and Zoey laughed, and shook her head as they continued to dance. As it ended, and faded into another song. Ronnie didn’t let go, and instead, he was just holding her.

“Song’s over Ronnie, you need to let go…” Zoey teased. Ronnie smirked wider.

“Don’t I get a kiss?” he asked cheekily. Zoey shook her head smiling.

“You haven’t earned it….” She teased, enjoying the feeling she was getting.

“Yeah well you’ve earned one…” Ronnie said and leaned a little closer. Zoey was anxious, but Ronnie’s lips came closer, and pecked her lips, and Zoey liked the feeling. He had soft lips. He could feel the metal against hers.

“Can I?” Ronnie whispered excited, he wanted to kiss her more. Zoey’s head was spinning with adrenaline and hormones, and nodded, biting her lip, and Ronnie smirked and kissed her cheek, up to ear and kissed her pink lips again.

“Bite your lip again and I won’t control myself pretty girl…” he whispered huskily. Zoey closed her eyes as he kissed her cheek and jaw, coming up to her lips and felt him watching her, and she bit her lip, and a jolt of rebellion hit her. She liked this, as Ronnie’s hands kept her in place. Ronnie quickly let go of her hips and took Zoey’s hand, and she reopened her eyes.

Ronnie was trying to get out the crowd, and people parted as he tugged Zoey behind, to the stairs. Zoey’s stomach jumped with excitement, but also fear. Was Ronnie going to make her do stuff?

“Ronnie?” Zoey said worriedly, as they went upstairs, it was quieter here, and there was one room off limit, his own room. The other room was his roommate and it appeared it was occupied.

Ronnie quickly pulled Zoey into his room and closed the door behind them, he gently pushed Zoey up against the door, and her breathing hitched.

“Ronnie, we’re not having sex right?” she blurted out. Ronnie looked at her, and smiled slightly.

“Nah pretty girl, I won’t force you…but how about we have a little fun? Promise, if you feel uncomfortable…I’ll let you go…but damn Zoey, you’re really making me go insane here…” Ronnie explained, and Zoey relaxed slightly. Ronnie was right, what was the harm in having some fun? It’s what she came here for.

Nodding in agreement, Zoey bit her lip again. Ronnie smirked, before meshing his lips against hers. Zoey kissed back properly this time, and draped her arms around his neck. They were up against the door, making out, and Ronnie kissed her jaw and neck, making Zoey sigh with appreciation.

They continued to make out, and Ronnie moved them to the bed, Zoey felt like she was elated, as she continued to kiss Ronnie. He didn’t seem so bad….

Ronnie lying beside Zoey, and his hand was on her slightly propped up knee, and it slowly slid up, stopping at her thigh, trusting him not to go further, Zoey left it there. Ronnie was clearly enjoying himself, as Zoey soon felt something against her hip, where Ronnie’s lower body was.

As they pulled away, Zoey glanced down and back up at Ronnie, who smirked, but looked slightly embarrassed.

“My bad, I’m a guy….it happens.” He teased, and Zoey smirked at him.

“Maybe we should stop….” She said, and was about to move off the bed, Ronnie’s hand still on her thigh, when the door swung open and it was Jonah, looking utterly furious.

“GET THE FUCK OFF MY SISTER.” He bellowed, fists clenching. Zoey stared at her brother in shock.

“Jonah, calm down…” she ordered, and Ronnie smiled at her.

“Dude, honestly we didn’t actually do anything…” he said, removing his hand finally. Jonah wasn’t having any of it.

“Zoey, come here now!” he snapped, and Zoey huffed but got off the bed and straightened her dress out.

“Jonah-” she began.

“You wait till Tommy hears about this…” he hissed at her, venomously. Ronnie’s eyes widened.

“You’re Tommy’s sister?” he asked nervously. Zoey nodded sheepishly. Ronnie swore.

“Fuck!” he cursed, and got off the bed and put his hands in surrender to Jonah.

“I swear to god I didn’t know…she came with Elena…I didn’t see you and oh my god, I’m so sorry!” he said, and Jonah’ face relaxed.

“Whatever, just don’t go near her again…” he muttered angrily, and grabbed Zoey and dragged her out the door, going downstairs.

“Jonah let go!” she hissed, and yanked her arm away. Ronnie was following them. Going back into the kitchen, Zoey glared at her brother.

“Stop treating me like a child Jonah! If I want to make out with somebody I can!” Zoey snapped and Jonah’s eyes widened.

“Seriously Zoey, shut up because I’m going to fucking punch someone!” he snapped, and then glared at Ronnie who had finally caught up and was standing beside her.

“What did I just say?” Jonah threatened, sizing Ronnie up, they were actually the same height.

“I’m not even doing anything; I just came to make sure she was alright. Calm the fuck down…” Ronnie said, getting irritated.

Zoey turned to Ronnie. “Thanks for the dance and whatever….it was fun.” She said, shrugging, and gave a quick smile.

Ronnie nodded and glanced at Jonah. “Can I just talk to her….for a second…please?” he said, feeling like he was being patronized. Jonah stared for a minute before nodding stiffly, and telling Zoey he was going to go get a drink for them.

Leaving them alone, Ronnie smiled at Zoey. “I’m sorry for getting you in trouble.” He said feebly. Zoey shrugged. “Overprotective brothers…” she muttered, annoyed.

“Hey, at least they love you right?” he teased. Zoey giggled but nodded in agreement.

“So I was wondering, as friends….I could get your number?” Ronnie asked. Zoey looked at him and smiled.

“Okay, just as friends though…” she warned, and he nodded. They both knew that what happened upstairs wouldn’t turn into anything.

“Why not?” Zoey said, and told Ronnie her number, in which he typed in his phone.

“Cool, I might text you or something…” he said, and Zoey grinned.

“I’ll try not to cry over it…” she joked, and Ronnie laughed.

“You’re a funny girl Zoey, just like your brother actually.” He said, laughing. Zoey rolled her eyes, and Ronnie watched and noticed just how alike the Titian family were.

“Well thanks for the dance…” Ronnie said, winking. Zoey smirked.

“I had nothing better to do.” She teased, and he laughed in response.

“Have a good night pretty girl.” He murmured, and kissed her cheek, and then sauntered off, to be greeted by some friends, who high-fived him and handed him a beer.

“Here, drink this.” Jonah said, and handed her the can. Zoey sipped in and glared slightly, in which Jonah looked at her apologetically.

“Alright, I’m sorry I overreacted….just I know that if I didn’t do anything and Tommy or Drew found out, I’d be murdered. I’m sorry.” Jonah explained quickly. Zoey didn’t respond, so he continued:

“Please Zoey, forgive me?” he begged slightly. Sighing, Zoey nodded.

“Whatever, just chill out Jonah” Zoey said, still a bit angry. Jonah gave a quick smile and sipped his own coke.

“Who even told you?” Zoey felt the need to ask.

“Zack” Jonah mumbled guiltily, Zoey growled in frustration and went to go find her so-called best friend. She found him in the garden, which wasn’t much to look at, seeing as two college guys lived here.

He was drinking, and chatting to someone that Zoey couldn’t see the face off, seeing as he had his back to her.

“Zackary!” Zoey snapped furious, ignoring the fact people were staring at her as she stormed over. Zack stopped talking and his face dropped, as he saw his furious best friend coming towards him.

The guy slowly turned around and Zoey halted. It was him.

It was Kirby Jones.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter again! :)
So what do you think of Zoey?
I hope you don't think she's acting easy or anything....anyways I hope you're liking this, please tell me what you think? :)<3