Unexpected

''Daniel is his name''

Image

''Daniel is his name'' was the first thing Kate had said to me the following Monday. ''Who?'' I asked clearly confused. ''Daniel. He's the boy who reminds me of you'' Kate told me. ''Oh'' I simply said, not very interested. Colin and his words were still rearing its hideous head.

''What's wrong?'' Kate asked suddenly afterwards, I widened my eyes. I wasn't going to tell I was upset about a boy so I said this instead, ''Daydreaming''

''Oh, typical Fiona, extremely typical'' Kate replied. It was true, my imagination was too great sometimes but today I was sadly realistic and borderline pessimistic. I felt myself eating my words I had said to Diane. I hope Edward isn't interested in her, he sounds awful to me.

''Fiona, Fiona, you've been quiet more than two minutes’’ Kate said. ''I'm sorry, I have a few negative thoughts on my mind, but tomorrow will be good'' I said rushed really attempting to change the subject. ''Okay'' Kate said, understanding that I didn't want to get into it. I relaxed knowing she wouldn't try asking what was up.

‘’So let’s talk about Daniel’’ I smiled weakly at Kate. And for the total of five minutes that was the exact person we talked about before we went our separate ways. I had history and she had geography, it would be around two hours until we spoke again.

My thoughts were at ease, maybe I could be friends with this Daniel, and I quickly smiled at the thought. Colin was bothering me that bit less although I was supressing it a bit so it was hard to guess. I was now confident that in a few weeks’ time he would become a blurred like memory. The class flew by and I had a feeling the next two would be the exact same and they were.

My day was good and this somewhat stranger was making me smile, maybe he was the type the boy to make anyone smile, but my happiness was short lived by worry, the worry of him maybe disliking me and not wanting to be my friend. However as I reached my home that evening slinging my bag on the floor, taking out my homework and then proceeding to write, I had no passing thoughts about him floating through my mind and would not until Kate would mention him on Friday. And at that point I would be slightly fixated on another boy who I wanted as a boyfriend and not just a friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has been so long since I've updated that it is so ridculous. I haven't had much time on Mibba and I was so lucky to get the chance to update, finally.

Thanks so much for having great patience.