Status: :3 Comment please!

Fire in the Rose Garden

Orchid

A week passed and Sir Knight was getting sicker and sicker. He all ready went to the doctor when he couldn't’t bare his head aches anymore. It was a pounding so strong that it left him dizzy and disoriented. The doctor recommended some medications and rest and explained that maybe a strong cold but to Lucas it wasn't’t a cold. He was raised in a family of doctors and even if he decided not to fulfill that career he knew the symptoms of a cold.

“I’m worried about Nathan, Rose.” Rosemary was pouring some water over the roses and Lucas was fallowing her as she did. A common habit they create during the years. He would take a walk among the roses and she would give them some water.

“Sir, have faith. He will be all right.” Rosemary said very sure of it but in her mind she was doubting Sir Knight’s future health. “If he continues with the medication he will be out of the bed and smiling like he always does.”

“You are probably right but he has gone from bad to worse in a couple of days. That cough has gotten worse and I’m afraid he is building up a fever,” Rosemary stopped pouring the water and faced Lucas. He looked older when he frowned and his golden eyes looked more radiant with tears welding up.

“Sir… Lucas,” she whispered his name. “The medication is not going to work fast as you want it to be,” he closed his eyes, trying to drown in her voice saying his name. “The most you can do for him and Lady Peony is to be there with them, by their side.” She decided to touch his cheek and he pressed his hand in hers and he could smell the roses scent in her delicate hand. It made him feel at ease.

“Thank you,” he smiled at her. “Now, let’s go back inside. I need to have a word with Nathan.” Rosemary nodded and fallowed him inside. He knew that she was going to be there for him no matter what; she will be there when he falls and she is the one who will pick up the pieces.

Lady Peony was sitting in a wooden chair looking at his sick husband with disgust. She couldn't’t go and start flirting with Lucas right away, people would think she is an awful wife for not attending Nathan. She sight and wished for him to die quickly so that she could make her move on Lucas. Her thoughts were interrupted by Nathan’s cough; he sounded horrible… good.

“Love?” said Nathan. He extended his arm and she took it. “Can you get me some water?” his voice sounded hoarse. Peony with a delicate and graceful way poured some water, with a little of her poison, on his glass. “Thank you,” and gulped it in seconds. “I’m so lucky to have you,”

Peony smiled at the irony and got up and gave him a kiss on his burning forehead. “And I am too,” lucky to found a link to Lucas, she thought. Nathan tried to move but she pushed him down. “Now, now Nathan, we don’t want you to get worse.” She took the glass from his hands and put it on the wooden night stand next to a vase filled with red roses. When Nathan rested his head on the pillow he started coughing again but more roughly. He moved his body to the side of the bed and with his hand covered his mouth. When he rose it up his eyes winded. “Oh dear Lord!” she said a line that was well rehearsed.

Sir Knight was coughing blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment my lovely readers!! I love you all!!