Status: :3 Comment please!

Fire in the Rose Garden

Bird of Paradise

The next day everyone gather to have some breakfast and by mean everyone, it was Sir Black and Lady Peony. The table was long with a peach table cloth with embroidery at the end of it. They look like flowers. Lucas notice that Lady Peony was eating normal, like nothing happens. Well, she looked like she was more than fine. She was giving the image of superiority... like she didn't care that yesterday her husband was buried.

Sir Black was eating his food when he spotted Rosemary walking through the halls. Just a glance and it made his heart ache. He needed her right now and set the matter straight. He almost dropped his fork when Rosemary started talking to the boy who trims the grass every week. She giggled when he said something and he blushed smiling and after that they walked away together.

Lady Peony noticed his reaction and started poking the omelet with a fierce attempt to grab it. She was annoyed at how that girl made such affect on him with out even trying. Compering her to Lady Peony, she, being a truly lady didn't stand a chance when it comes to men or anything in particular. She had the wealth, the grace, the beauty and the respect that a woman should and wish they have. She was a commoner!

"Duff," said Sir Black when he wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Prepare the carriage, Lady Peony will be leaving the property in a few hours."

Peony snapped her head towards Lucas with a shocked face. "What?"

"Is there anything else Sir?" said Duff and bowed a little just to hear Lucas better.

"Yes, I need you to go to the Jewelry shop and buy the most expensive ring. I have an announcement to make." He smiled to himself and Duff nodded and went to to his master's orders.

"A ring?" said Lady Peony and Lucas got up ignoring her. "Who is that ring for?" Lucas kept walking ignoring her. He didn't need to explain himself to her, she was just the wife of his dead best friend who made an audacity in his room. He was Sir Lucas Black, one of the most richest and important men in his country. He had every right to do what he had in mind.

Lucas left and ordered to the maids to get Lady Peony's belongings. She stood up and threw her plate to the side that Lucas was sitting. Why her!? She bet that the ring was for that maid. Of course it had to be, Lucas never brought women to his properties and she was always by his side... and the way the look at each other! It made her stomach sick. She cannot let them be together! Peony worked too hard to get this far and she intended to make it work... even if she had to kill again.

Lucas saw that the boy who trims the grass was grabbing her by the waist. He narrowed his eyes and march towards them. He was too close to her, who does he think he is! Rosemary is his and no one else. "What is going on here?" he said with authority. Rosemary jumped and pushed the boy away but he grabbed her arm which made Lucas angrier. "Let her go."

"My apologies Sir Black but she sprained ankle. Rose can't walk." He twitched when he called her Rose. Lucas is the only one who can call her like that.

Lucas composed himself. "Very well then," he grabbed Rosemary by the arm and lifted her like a bride. "I'll attend her." Rosemary blushed and started complaining but she just got a glare by Lucas. "You can go back and finish your job. That is why I am paying you, right?" the boy nodded his head and walked away.

He started walking towards his room. Rosemary started struggling in his arms and yelling him to stop. Even if he was the master of the properties he did not have the right to treat her like that, not after all this years and after the scene she saw with Lady Peony last night. "Let-let me go!"

Lucas opened the door of his room and pinned Rosemary to his bed. She couldn't fight the pressure he was giving her over her body and less when he was grabbing her hands. Then he kissed her. The kiss was rough and strong and she did not like it. She did not like how Lucas was behaving so she bit him on the lip and he backed away. A drop of blood rolled down his lip and he touched it, looking at it shocked but he was more shocked that Rosemary was crying.

"I'm sorry," he said kneeling on the ground and hugging her by the waist. "I'm sorry Rose. I just... I just couldn't stand that boy," he said boy with disgust. "touching you like that. you said you loved me..." he stopped talking when two hands hugged his head. "You said you were there for me... that you will never leave me..."

"I wont," he lifted his head with bliss in his eyes. "But I cannot pretend to forget about last night." He remembered and stood up grabbing Rose by the hands.

"She kissed me Rose. How can I kiss the women of my best friend after he died? You know better than that, you know me better." She looked to the side not meeting his eyes. Lucas grabbed her chin delicately. "She will be leaving this house soon, she doesn't mean anything to me, all right?" Rose nodded. "Beside," he knelt in one knee. "Rosemary De la Cruz, would you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
TAN TAN TAN TAAAAAAN! WHAT WOULD HAPPEN NEXT!? XD