Our King

Annemarie

It was before it all happened, everything happened, even before I thought I was in love.. and that was pretty early on in this story.

I woke up, the sun was shining deeply into my face, I put up my hands to block the rays of brightness. I heard a maid shuffle into the room. "M'lady?" she whispered.

"Yes, Jane?" I muttered, pulling my covers over my head.

"The queen would like to see you," Jane replied simply. "And I - do forgive me m'lady - wouldn't make her wait again."

I sighed deeply. "You're right, here help me get dressed please."

Jane disappeared into my walk-in closet. She returned quickly with a pale pink dress with a while sash across it. She helped me get dressed, which sounds rather easy, but for a princess... it's hell.

After you get used to the tightness around you're body... it's usually alright. I stepped into the hall gingerly with my heels. My eyes were already tearing up from the heavy make-up on my face.

The queen's room, well, more like palace inside of a room, was all the way across the palace. So it took me a while to get there.

I went up the steps to her 'room', and was about to knock when the queen opened the door. "Annemarie!" she said. "I thought I heard you walk up the stairs! Not very softly, please note!"

She led me into the room and I saw my two other sisters were there. "Arazelle.. Apryl.. do you know why we are here?"

"Ask, The Evil." Apryl muttered.

The 'Evil' is not their real mother, but she is mine. So in some ways I feel that I should take up more for my own mother... but I don't. I can't.

I just smothered a grin and sat down next to them.

"Well, girls," the queen began. "I thought you should know, that the king and I are going on a little trip."

"What for?!" Arazelle stands up and shrieks.

"For a tour of the kingdom, you know I've never really been able to see it..." the queen began.

"You've lived here for sixteen years! How come if you really cared about the kingdom you might have thought of this tour before? Are you just trying to take our father away from us? Again?"

"Sit down!" the queen snapped. "I may not be you're mother... but I sure as hell am the queen!" She paused before saying. "It's not my fault you're mother was a whore, so don't blame it on me."

Apryl and Arazelle took a deep breath. Apryl stepped forward, "Excuse me? My queen... what did to just say to my sister?"

"I think you heard goddamn perfectly well," the queen replied bitterly.

"My mother wasn't a whore, if anyone's the whore it's you." Arzelle stepped up into the queen face, my god was she brave. "Oh yes, my queen, I know about you're little 'affair' with the bishop."

"The bishop?" the queen laughed. "My dear, you have much to learn." But she was wearing a guilty face and was blushing. "And my and you're father, no, the king, are going on this tour no matter what you say!"

"I bet you're the one who told the king my mother was a whore," Apryl muttered.

"What did you say?!" the queen asked, strongly yet sweetly.

"Nothing, my queen," Apryl said and walked out of the room. Arazelle soon followed and I was about to when the queen - my mother - stopped me. "Don't forget, Annemarie, you are not one of them. And when I leave for this tour, you're in charge."

"Oh mother," I said. "I doubt you have a right to put who's in charge, why don't we just leave that up to the king?"

"Of course, the king, good thinking... my dear." She replied.

I left the room soon after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahahha first real chapter! And sorry it took me so long to write it. LOL. Thank you commenters... etc... ;) I lovveee you!