‹ Prequel: Rookie
Status: in progress

Everyday I Think Of You

2014

“Attention fans, I’d like to announce the 2014 Stanley Cup Winners, the Chicago Blackhawks,” the fans in Boston clapped but they didn’t like the fact that they lost in game four of the final series, but being true hockey fans, they clapped anyways.

I accepted the trophy as team captain while Corey was presented the MVP trophy. Most of Boston probably thought I’d get the trophy again, but the Hawks knew where our strength was. That happened to be in the net. He deserved it. Tonight, I sported a new jersey, #17, S. Crawford. My boys knew it was going to be the next day that Corey and I tied the knot. They knew we were going to Vegas. We promised his parents a big reception and they understood our want to get married quietly.

As we skated around the ice, I found my baby girl and brought her close to me. She had matured so much faster then the doctors said she would and for that I was grateful. And I also knew there was a possibility I was pregnant. The entire season, Corey insisted on wearing a condom when we had sex. But when we learned of our playoff berth, we were so rushed that we lost the condoms and as I’ve shown, I’m very fertile. I had put off taking the test because I wanted to be able to say I truly hadn’t known, for sure anyways.

We got to the hotel that night and went straight to bed. Thankfully Abby and Pat were watching Ava while Jackie, Jon, Corey and I went to Vegas. Jacks and Jon were getting hitched too. Momma Toews wasn’t happy, but she knew Jacks was pregnant and wanted things to go right between them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope I can get some more comments on this story than it's prequel, Rookie.