‹ Prequel: Rookie
Status: in progress

Everyday I Think Of You

I'd Put Some Sense Into Him

“Abby, what’s going on with you and Patrick?” I asked my also very pregnant best friend. It turns out that she was about a month further along then I was, so five months or there about.

“What do you mean? We are seeing our counselor every week,” she replied nonchalantly much unlike my best friend.

“You are lying to me about something, Abbs, please, tell me.”

“It’s nothing, I promise,” she took a sip of her water and a bite of her sandwich.

“Abby, I didn’t want to have to do this, but Ava told me that Jr. heard you get slapped. He described sex sounds to Ava and then the slapping and said it was you and Pat,” she almost choked on her food as I described the situation to her.

“Oh my god,” she covered her face; I knew she was internally grateful that I had called this meeting of us girls while the kids were with Pat.

“Yeah, she walked in on me and Corey last night and wanted to know if he was hurting me. Now please, tell me what’s going on so you can have a clear conversation with your son to clear things up.”

“Oh, Sophie, he didn’t hit me. I promise you. He dropped the kids off at the house and he asked to get some of his things from the closet that he would need for training camp. I had gone into the bathroom since I have to pee a million times a day and when I was done, he was sitting on the bed holding one of my pillows, smelling it. He heard me standing there and looked at me. I started to walk out of the room and he stopped me. He pulled me into a kiss and from there, things sky rocketed out of control. We had some of the best make up sex ever and then when he was getting dressed, he said I’ll see you Friday at counseling. So I got up and slapped him across the face. I mean, I didn’t think that it would fix everything with one night of make up sex, but to just flat out say ‘oh see you on Friday’ was terrible. So it was me who slapped him, not the other way around.”

“Oh my goodness, thank the lord. I was going to slap some sense into Patrick myself if he hit you.”

“Thank you, for caring so much,” Abby sheepishly stated.

“Abby, don’t tell me you wouldn’t do the same for me if Jr. came home and told you the same thing. Actually, you would probably go take care of Corey and then come and see me,” this caused us both to chuckle.

“You’re right, but still, thank you.”

“You are very welcome. Now, I think we need a shopping date to pick out something for little Evelyn April Toews, don’t you think?”

“Yes, I can’t believe they had a little girl this morning. I heard she’s as cute as a button.”

“She is, I stopped by on my way over here. They were only letting in family anyways, but since I’m Jackie’s cousin, they let me in. They want to call her Evie, but I’m really hoping they don’t.”

“Why’s that?” Abby asked as we both slowly got up and put a tip on the table for the waitress of the little diner since we had long ago paid for our meals. We started out towards the cars.

“It’s not as cute as Eve. Besides, the older she gets, the more she’ll dislike Evie anyways.”

“I guess you have a point, whose car should we take?”

“We’ll take yours, you look like you have an easier time driving then I do since I’m so short and getting my baby bump,” I said and subconsciously rubbed my belly. Abby nodded in agreement and we got in her car. She drove us to the mall while we sang to the latest country crooner’s love song.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, someone asked for an update, so there it is. Little shorter than previous chapters, but after two whole months of no updates, this was the best I could do at this time. I'm hoping to crack out a couple of chapters for all my stories before the end of January, so keep posted for another update, hopefully longer! Thanks for sticking with the story and make sure to check out the rewrite to the series original, Shooting Stars!!!!