‹ Prequel: Rookie
Status: in progress

Everyday I Think Of You

Dirty Work

I entered the Sharp home and went to the guest bedroom that would soon be turned into a new nursery and changed into my party dress. I added some makeup and threw my hair into a sloppy braid before going and joining the party in the backyard. I found my baby girl and plucked her up and into my arms as I searched for Corey. I finally found him talking to Kandy Kane, also known as KK.

“KK!” my little Ava bellowed as she saw Kaner. She reached her arms out towards him and he took her from my arms.

“Guess this little lady can’t resist my charms,” he teased with a light smile before looking and Ava. “How are you, Miss Ava?”

“Good, KK! Go play?” she asked him. He nodded and set her down.

“I’ll be right there, kiddo,” she ran off towards the other kids. “I wonder where she got KK from?” he gave me a mischievous smile before following my daughter. I whisked my husband away for moment to give him a kiss on the lips. He eagerly kissed back until Sharpie found us, in a corner, alone.

“Damn Patricks’,” I teased. Sharpie just smiled and tore me away from Corey. He brought me over towards the make shift dance floor and requested a dance. I smiled and accepted.

“What did you and Abby buy today?”

“Knowing you, you already went through her bags, didn’t you?”

“I was hoping you would just tell me so I wouldn’t have to,” he let out one of his boy grins.

“Sorry, stud, you are going to have to do your own dirty work or ask her. Whichever you choose,” I tempted him.

“You do realize I could just dump you in the pool,” he looked from me to the pool.

“And if you do, Abby will kick your ass by making you sleep on the couch, remember last year?” I knew I had him, he stopped eying the pool.

“Come on, Soph, you are killing me.”

“Nope, sorry, now if you’ll excuse me, I have to use the ladies room.” I left Pat standing there looking awkward and headed inside.

“When are you going to tell the team?” I heard Jon’s voice which spooked me.

“Tell the team what?” he pointed at my stomach. “Oh, that, not today. Corey and I will have to discuss it, but we are probably just going to tell everyone when they come to Canada for our barbeque. Family knows, that is kind of what really matters in the instance."

“I guess so. You should know that the team will still love you, Soph. No one really believes you are the only person on the team that gets the wins, they think that knowing you is enough to make us champions. We are the lucky ones, not you.”

“Thanks, Jonny. If you’ll excuse me, I need to use the bathroom,” I kissed his cheek and did my business in Abby’s personal bathroom so the main one would be free for other people. When I exited, I saw Patrick looking for Abby’s shopping bags. “Pat!”

“What, you told me to do my own dirty work!”

“I didn’t mean now!”

“She’s pregnant?” he asked me as he found the bags in the back of their closet. He retreated to sit on the bed.

“Is that not a good thing, Pat?”

“No, it is, it really is.”

“I feel like there’s a but in that sentence, what’s wrong, Patrick?”

“My doctor told me six months ago that I wouldn’t be able to have any more kids, I got hit that one time really bad in the nuts when we were in ‘Couver and I am now infertile, so there’s no way that the kid is mine, Soph.”

“Did you get a second opinion?” I placed a hand on his forearm.

“No, I thought Abby and I were done anyways, we had three healthy babies at home, I didn’t think she wanted another. But then again, I didn’t think she’d go and cheat on me either.”

“Patrick, maybe your doctor was wrong? Because I could never, and I mean never, see Abby cheating on you. Maybe it was just a miracle that it happened, who knows, but Pat, I do know she did not cheat on you. She would’ve told me. She is so utterly in love with you that she would never think of it. I promise.”

“Other then a miracle, how else could you explain it, Sophie?” he stood and stormed off. I slowly got up off their bed and made my way back down to the party. Corey came and escorted me to a table where Abby and Patrick were standing with smiles on their faces, next to a wedding cake. I knew Patrick’s smile was fake, but I didn’t have the heart to say anything at the moment. I just cut the cake with Corey while everyone tapped their glasses for us to kiss. We kissed with mouths full of cake and then the party resumed.

“Where did you go?”

“The bathroom and then I ran into Jon and Pat, just got to talking is all,” I reassured him.

“Alright, what do you say we dance a bit and go home?”

“Sounds perfect,” I leaned into him and we slow danced, just swaying like the breeze around us. KK asked me for a dance, which I couldn’t refuse, so we danced while Corey danced with Abby. And then Corey grabbed Ava and the three of us danced. We said our goodbyes after that and went home. Ava crashed right away and then we went to bed.

“Want to do anything?” Corey asked after we showered briefly, no sex involved.

“Not tonight, babe, I was jetlagged and then the party, I’m just exhausted. I’m sorry,” I apologized to him because I knew we were newly weds and it was expected of us to have sex an awful lot, but after learning about Abby and Pat’s situation, I wasn’t in the mood.

“It’s alright, I figured you were pretty tired,” he kissed the top of my head and cuddled up next to me in bed. He fell asleep before I did since I was thinking about how I would ask Abby if she cheated on Pat without her knowing that I knew Pat was infertile. After not coming up with one for over an hour, I finally put my mind to rest and just drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
For being such good readers, I thought I'd give you something a bit longer than usual, actually, about twice the normal size!! And I bet no one saw this coming, if you did, you are officially a physic.Comments and subscribers = faster updates!!!