Here we go again playing the same old beat.

Her dad!

*Tre’s p.o.v*

When Nicole was writing the note to her mom I realized that she lived like a couple houses down from me so I laughed.

“What? Is there something on my back?” she asked quietly

“No!” I said in a high pitched whisper. “I was laughing at something I just thought of!”

She looked at me with a smile that could have lit up the darkest cave in the world when she was done and I looked at the pictures of her, her mom, and a man who looks to be her dad from when she was little till now, but now the pictures are just of her and her mom.
I looked at her with questioning eyes and she answered them before I could ask.

“My dad died when I was 6 years old. He told me before he died,” she explained to me as tears came down her cheeks “ ‘Never cry because I am gone but smile because I was a part of your life and I always will be in your head’, I loved my dad and I always will. He was a little kid at heart, but he had to grow up when he got sick.”

*Nicole’s p.o.v*

*Years and years before*

“Daddys home, mommy! Yay!” I yelled as I ran to the door to help my daddy in the door. “Hi daddy! How was work daddy? I missed you daddy! Guess what today is, daddy?”

“Hi baby doll! I’m great! how you to day? I missed you too,” my daddy said then he started to think really hard and he picked me up “Today is…left over night?”

“No” I yelled

“No?” he said with a confused look on his face but then it went to a smile and said to my mommy “Its some little girls 6th birthday today is it not?”

“I think so but what little girl is it, Rob?” said my mommy

“I thinks the little girls next door’s birthday” daddy said laughing

“Daddy its my birthday! Can I call B.J and tell him? I miss him!”

“Yes you may, baby doll. Go get the phone and I’ll dial his number!” My daddy told me!

When I when to get the phone before I when to get to the bottom of the of the steps a hear.

“Barb, the doctor said that I’m dieing. I don’t know haw long I have.” he said with cracking in his voice.

“daddy ,are you ok?" I asked when I walked in and handed him the phone to dial Billie’s number for me.

“Sweet heart, listen to me, ok? I’m dieing and I don’t know how much longer I have!” he told me “Never cry because I am gone but smile because I was a part of your life and I always will be in your head, ok?”

*Back to the present*

*still Nicole’s P.O.V*

We where now walk to tre’s house when I was telling him the rest of the story.

“When my dad died I was heart broken because I knew it was coming. I think half of my heart died with him when he did, but when I met you,” I stopped to think of the right words. “when I met you I think some my dad was come back to me.”