Status: Ongoing :)

Enter Infinity

Nightmare

It was 8pm when I arrived home. The light at the front porch turned on the minute I stepped onto the driveway. Before I was able to open the door, my mom came charging through with an angered expression.

“Where have you been young lady? You should have been home three hours ago!” she yelled.

“I’m sorry, I got caught up at Cassandra’s,” I sighed.

“Don’t try that on me Rain Juniper Light. I called Cassandra the moment you were late coming home. She’s worried sick about you, said you went to the forest. Do you know how dangerous that forest is Rain?”

“Mom, it’s been a long day. I just want to go to my room and sleep.” I walked past her and walked through the door.

My mom suddenly turned around and said, “You don’t even no the dangers in that forest!” she began to sob and I continued walking to my bedroom.

I closed the door to my room behind me and began to take off my clothes. I took everything off except my bra and panties. Throwing myself in bed, I thought about my mom’s reaction. She has never been this upset about me being late and she kept mentioning how dangerous the forest was. Could it be that she knew about my Father’s secrets? Was it possible that she knew I was half Warlock? Ugh, it was just too much for me to handle. I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep.

* * *

I was in the castle, but it wasn’t how it looked earlier this afternoon. It was empty except for one figure in a black cloak walking up the staircase. I followed. The cloaked figure led me to a room on the fifth floor. There were chairs lined up and in every seat was a cloaked person. At the front of the room I could see a casket and there was a body inside. There was another man in a cloak, but his hood was down revealing his face, though it was still a blur. I was attending a funeral.

I stood silently at the back of the room. The man at the casket faced the crowd and I could see he had a dagger in his left hand. It dripped with blood. My eyes widened as I saw what was in his right hand, it was a heart. I turned my attention to the casket and realized who the body was. The body had been Dakota Wolfe.

A squeal came out of my throat and I drew my hand to my face as if to silence it, but it was too late. The blurred man turned to me and pointed his finger.

“Get her!” he screamed with a raspy voice.

I ran through the long corridors of the castle, faster than I’ve ever run before. There were over thirty cloaked people chasing after me. I ran to the only place I knew in the castle; the tower. It had been the only room Dakota had showed me. I sped up the spiral stairwell for the second time in one day. When I made it to the top, I was stranded. There was no where else for me to go. I could jump, I thought, but then I’d be dead for sure.

I leaned in as close as possible to the edge of the tower, as if I could get further away from the things that were now in front of me. The same blurred man stepped out of the crowd.
“You cannot save him,” he spat.

“I can try,” I yelled back.

“Do you no who your talking to, girl?”

“I’m assuming, King Helios Wolfe?”

“Ah, so you know about me? Well I’ll see to your death, before you’re able to do a thing. I’m
inside your head little girl. I can find you with a single thought,” He waved his hand and stepped back through the crowd.

The creatures came forward. Two grabbed my legs and two grabbed my arms. They tore me limb from limb. I could feel the flesh ripping and the pain was unbearable. I could see blood everywhere and my body went numb. I was so cold and dying but I could hear my name being called. The voice was soft, and then gradually grew louder.

My eyes flew open. Dakota was on top of me, shaking me, screaming for me to wake up. I
pushed him off, and screamed in fear. I touched every limb I had, and saw that they were all still attached. I began to sob and threw my head back down onto my pillow. I wept while Dakota sat by my side, running his fingers through my hair.

“Dakota, I’m so scared. I want these dreams to go away. I just want them to go away,” I cried.

“Hush now, it’s alright. You’re awake now; it was only a bad dream,” he said gently while
brushing my hair with his hands.

“I saw your father, Dakota, and he knows about me now. He’ll kill me; he’ll tear off my limbs…” I couldn’t speak for a moment then, “What if he finds me? I’m dead for sure.”

“Rain, I’ll protect you but you must trust me. You will be alright.”

“How did you get in my house?”

“I’m a ghost, and I came because I felt your fear,” He looked upset.

I sat up and knelt on my bed in front of him. I reached my hands up to his face and gently set a hand on each cheek.

“Why do you feel so real?”

“I am real, Rain. Only you can see me,” he smiled and held my hand to his face. His other hand rose to my face and he tucked my hair behind my ear. Looking into those bright blue eyes gave me the urge to jump on him. I kept my cool, but leaned my face closer to his.
Dakota then pulled me in. Our lips brushed and I lost my breath. Our bodies were so close and his touch was freezing, I shivered. Another kiss, this one was longer. His smooth lips brushed down my cheek and he began to kiss my neck, ever so gently. I gasped and ran my hands up his back. He laid me down on the bed and threw his leg over me. Straddling my body he leaned in to kiss me once more. His hand was travelling up my bare stomach and our breathing became heavier. My hands explored his muscular body.

Then he stopped everything. Dakota looked down at me and smiled. He kissed my forehead and lay down beside me.

“I’m sorry, that was a little too far.” I could swear he was blushing.

“I don’t know what came over me, Dakota. I’m sorry too,” I caught my breath.

“You should get some sleep, my dear.” He brushed my hair from my face. “I’ll see you again soon.” And when I blinked he was gone. The window was wide open; the curtains were
blowing from the night air. I closed and locked the window and when I lay back in bed, I smiled. I replayed it all over in my head. I was trying to understand the feelings that seem to
be growing for Prince Dakota Wolfe.
♠ ♠ ♠
DON't BE A SILENT READER!!! I'M SERIOUS!!

COMMENT!