Girl I Know

Snake

"So, what do you think Brent's girl is going to look like?" Dad asked, chuckling.
I smirked. "Probably the lockness monster." We laughed.
"Oh, stop it. I bet she's a very good looking young girl and I'm glad he's bringing a date." Suzy said, placing the turkey on the table.
"She's going to be pretty like a princess." McKenna commented.
"Maybe she's a prince?" I wiggled my brows. Dad choked on his soda, laughing.
"Now that wasn't nice." Suzy hit me on the head with a spoon.
"When was the last time Brent ever brought a date home?" I chuckled.
"Middle school, maybe?" Dad shrugged.
"Brian, when was the last time you ever held a stable relationship?" Suzy asked me.

I looked down at my hands, she got me good on that one. Suzy grinned widely before heading back into the kitchen for more of the food. I watched as McKenna absentmindedly played with her napkin, hearing the front door slam shut.

"We're here!" Brent's booming voice echoed the house.
"She's here. She's here." Suzy came scurrying out. the kitchen.

Dad and I chuckled, shaking our heads. "Lockness monster" Dad mouthed. I smirked.

"I'd like everyone to meet my date, Nikki." Brent walked in, introducing his date.

I leaned back in my chair, waiting for Brent's chick to walk into the room. The suspense killing me inside. I really wanted to see the kind of girl he would bring home this time. If she was anything like Mary, we were in some deep shit. When she came into view for all of us to see, my jaw dropped and my fists tightened as I glared at Brent.

He was making a move on my Nikki. My Nikki!

Once Suzy stepped out of the way of introducing herself to Nikki, Nikki glanced around the room with a smile on her face. Looking beautiful as always. But when her eyes met mine, the smile was wiped clean off her face as her eyes grew huge.

"Brian?!" She asked, shocked.
"Hey, Nikki." I did a little wave, still in shock like herself.
"Oh, boy.." Dad muttered.
"You two know each other?" Suzy asked.
I looked over at Brent with his arm around Nikki's waist, glaring at it. "Yeah, we know each other. She's friends with Shads's fiancee and Zacky's girlfriend." I growled out.
"Well that's nice." Suzy nodded. "Nikki, please have a seat. I'll be out in a second with the corn and we can get to know each other better." Suzy smiled, walking into the kitchen.

I watched as Brent whispered in Nikki's ear and led her to the seat in front of mine, pulling out her chair for her to sit in then taking the seat beside hers. Brent whispered in her ear again making Nikki laugh softly and him smile widely, my hand tightened around the knife in my hand.

Dad cleared his throat. "So Nikki, what do you do for a living?"
Nikki looked over at Dad. "Well right now I'm looking for a job. I had recently lost my old one due to a couple fights that involved me."
"That's a shame, sweetie." Suzy placed the corn down, then taking her seat at the other end of the table. "What happened?"
Nikki shrugged. "Had some customers that weren't respecting me, and you can only take so much of it. You know?"
"What did you do?" Dad asked, scooping mashed potatoes onto his plate.
"I was a bartender at Red Raven." Nikki told him.

I reached for the turkey but at that moment so was Nikki, our hands brushing together and we both glanced up at each other. She nibbled on her lip while I felt the urge to jump over the table and take her into my arms. Taking her away from my brother.

"Nikki?" McKenna called her name.
"Yes?" She smiled.
"You're very pretty. You should become a model."
Nikki smiled, placing a hand over her heart. "That's very sweet of you to say. But I'd have a hard time competing with someone as adorable as you."

McKenna giggled as she ate her turkey, flattered by Nikki's compliment. I smirked as I dug into my food, thinking Nikki as a model. It would be perfect for her, but doubt she would go for it. Maybe I could get her to model for my clothing line or star in one of our videos? I'll have a talk with her about that.

Throughout dinner Brent would flirt with Nikki, and each time took a stab to the heart. Nikki was mine. She will be mine but my own brother is fucking that up for me. He would whisper in her ear, compliment her, tell her she was beautiful. And she would giggle and blush, staring at him with her smile. It pained me to see that. I could only take so much of this and Dad could tell.

"Hey, Nikki?" Brent asked, chewing his food.
"Mm?" She looked up at him, curious.
"I was wondering, if you would go out with me?" He asked her.

I snapped then. I threw my plate over my head, making it shatter to pieces as it hit the wall and fell to the floor. I shot up to my feet as I glared deathly at Brent, everyone frozen in shock with frightened expressions on their faces. I gritted my teeth as my fists clenched.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I asked, growling.
"Dude, what's your problem?" Brent asked, standing up.
"You're my problem right now." I jabbed my finger at him.
"Me? What the fuck did I do?" Brent yelled, getting angry.
"What you're doing! You're moving in on my girl!"
"You're girl? Last I checked she doesn't have your name written anywhere on her, and she's single. So unlike you, I'm making my move. Show her how a real man can step up!" Brent growled, walking towards me.
"Brian, stop them!" I heard Suzy beg my Dad.
"Brian, stop. Please." I heard Nikki beg me.
"What real man moves in on his own brother's girl? A fucking snake. That's what you are!" I shoved him.
Brent shook his head. "Don't fucking touch me."
"Why? What are you going to do? I'll kick your fucking ass, bro!" I taunted, shoving him again.
"You asked for it."

Brent lunged at me as he threw his punch, shoving me against the wall and knocking over a couple picture frames. I punched him a couple times, the both of us fighting into the living room. Knocking and breaking shit on the way. I could hear everyone freaking out; McKenna crying from fear, Suzy screaming for help, Dad yelling, and Nikki crying as she begged for us to stop.

As much as I wanted to listen to her, I couldn't. I wasn't going to let my brother take her away from me. I would fight for her. Clearly.

Somehow Brent and I ended up out front, the both of us rolling around on the lawn as we fought viciously. I nailed Brent clear in the nose which made him fall off me and quickly jumped on top of him, wailing him in the face. Streams of curses and threats escaped from my lips.

I could hear an odd sound, but it was muffled by the sounds of not only Nikki and my family yelling but the whole neighborhood. I could feel my Dad try to pry me off Brent, but I just ignored him as I continued to attack Brent. Giving him all I had. The I felt two pairs of arms wrap around me and yank me off my brother. They pushed my face into the grass and felt someone hold me down while another put my hands behind my back, cuffing my wrists tightly.

Ah, fuck me!

They lifted me up off the grass and I caught sight of Suzy crying on Dad's chest, with Dad shaking his head sadly. Brent was with another cop, glaring at me as he held his nose. Blood pouring out his mouth and dripping from his nose. McKenna cried out my name and started to run my way, until Suzy grabbed her and pulled her by her side.

The two cops that held me back led me to their cruiser and shoved me roughly inside.

"Dean, wait!" Nikki cried out, running up to the one cop.
"Not now, Nikki." The one known as Dean said.
"Please, just listen to me." She begged.
"Nikki, I have to take him in. You know that. Come by the station later and we'll talk about this." Dean explained.

She nodded at him, then he shut my door. I moved closer to the window as I stared at Nikki, mouthing "I'm so sorry" at her. She shook her head as tears rolled down her face. My heart broke as we pulled away.