Girl I Know

Hey there, Beautiful.

My phone ringing beside my head, playing Papa Roach's Last Resort, snapped me awake. I ripped it off its charger and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Better have a good reason for waking me up." I grumbled into the pillow.
"Good morning, sunshine!" Matt's voice echoed in my ear.
"Matt?" I asked, surprised.
"Who else?" He chuckled. "Are you always this happy in the morning?"
"Only on days that end in 'y'." He laughed. "What's up?" I asked him, yawning.
"Just calling to see if you were up and coming over still. And if you could pick up and extra pack of hamburger rolls."
I nodded. "Yeah, sure. And I'll be over in a bit. When's it start?"
"When you get here."
"Okay, then. Just let me get showered and ready and we'll be over." I told him, sliding out of the bed.
"We'll?" He asked.
"Yeah, me and Diana's friend Bri is coming with. Remember?"
"That's right, that's right. Well, I'll let you get ready then. I'll send you the directions."
"Okay dok. See you."
"Later." We hung up.

I quickly texted Bri telling her to get ready for today and to get her ass to the apartment. I jumped into the shower after cursing about the water being cold, then dressed in my bikini for today. Slipping on my daisy dukes and spaghetti strap with matching flip flops. I put on my shades and headed out into the living room, screaming.

"Geesh, woman! Got a set of lungs on you!" Bri covered her ears.
"You. Are. A. Bitch." I said, restarting my heart. Bri shrugged, smiling. "How did you get in?"
"It was unlocked." She said. "Come on, it's noon. We're probably late." Bri led me out of the apartment.
"Matt said there was no set time. You arrive when you arrive." I said, getting behind the wheel. "Oh, before I forget, we have to stop at the market."
"Why?" Bri asked, leaning back in her seat.
"Cause we need to pick up a pack of hamburger rolls. I bet Diana forgot to buy them when she bought the burgers." I joked.
"Probably. But we would make that same mistake too." Bri laughed.

I laughed with her, it was true. We would go to a store and forget what we needed but come out with stuff we don't really need.

Bri and I ran into the market and grabbed a pack of hamburger rolls and ran out. Wanting to get there as fast as we could, not wanting to be the last ones. For some reason, we hated being last. It was just awkward for us. Bri read the directions Matt sent me as I drove, turning down this street and that until we finally pulled out front of a gorgeous house.

"This is where Diana and Matt live?" Bri asked, eyeballing the house. "No way in hell.."
"Bri, Matt's in a band. May not know the name, but they're big. So, I'm not amazed by this." I said, staring at the house.
"Well, why are we still in this car? Let's get out and go see Diana, dammit!" Bri grinned, jumping out of the car.

I laughed as I followed after Bri, both of us walking up the driveway and up the porch steps. Both of us knocking on the large wooden door. A dog was barking on the other side, a large dog by the sound of it.

"Fucking dogs." Bri grumbled.

I laughed, playfully nudging her side. She hates dogs with a passion. Ever since she was little. A doberman had bit her arm when she was younger, broke her arm with his strength.

"Bella, be quiet." We heard Diana say, then the door swung open.
"Hey!" Bri and I grinned.
"Oh my God! Bri! Nikki!" Diana glomped us in a hug. "You made it!"
"What you think we'd ditch out?" I placed my hands on my hips.
Diana grinned. "Psh, me? Think that? Naaahhhh." I laughed. "Come on in, everyone's out back."

Diana led us through the house, showing us where stuff was. Giving us a tour of the beautiful home she and Matt lived in. My mouth hung open as I saw the inside, it was completely gorgeous. I wanted my house like this.

The sound of men laughing out back rang through my ears as we entered the kitchen.

"And out here is where the party is. And don't worry about the guys, they are as sweet as can be." Diana smiled, leading us out back.
"Look out!" Someone yelled.

Bri and I ducked as a burger went flying above our heads. We looked in the direction where the flying hamburger took off, seeing 3 heavily tattooed men standing there with huge smiles on their faces. One of them I knew already, Matt. Beside him was a really tall, lanky man. And between them was a really short guy, had to be a few inches shorter than me with wild colored hair.

Diana skipped to Matt's side, kissing him on the lips. He smiled down at her before looking at us.

"Hey, Nikki." He waved.
"Hey, Matt." I smiled as I hugged him, taking him by surprise.

I was starting to like him and get used to him. He gave off a brotherly vibe to me. Which made me feel comfortable with him. And I'm happy with that, I want to feel comfortable with him and his friends if I'm going to be around more. I want to move on with my life. And this was the first step.

"Hey, you must be Bri?" Matt asked.
Bri nodded. "Yep. And you're clearly Diana's boyfriend, Matt?"
"That I am." He smiled.

I laughed at Bri's expression once she saw Matt's dimples. Those things were a babe magnet. I bet Diana fought everyday to keep bitches and hoes away from her man.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to the guys." Matt brought us closer. "This is Jimmy, or Rev." He introduced us to the tall one.
"Hey, thar!" He waved.
"Hey, I'm Nikki." I greeted.
"I'm Bri." Bri greeted.
"And short shit over here is Johnny. Or Johnny Christ." Matt pointed to the short man, who glared up at Matt. "Gates and Vengeance should be back any minute now, they went to pick up more beer."
"What's with the-" Bri started to say.
"What about Gates and Vengeance?" Some guy asked, entering the backyard.

Bri and I looked over to see some guy walk towards us, carrying a beer case. I noticed that he was the guy Bri was talking to last night. The one with the green eyes. I looked at Bri and she had a smile on her face as she locked eyes with him. A smile forming on his plump, pierced lips.

"Hey, Bri." He smiled.
"Hey, Zacky." Bri smiled back, skipping to his side.
"Hey." The one called Zacky greeted.
"Hi, I'm Nikki." I greeted him, smiling.
"I'm Zacky. Zacky Vengeance." He shook my hand.
"Where's Gates?" Matt asked Zacky.
"Right here." Another man's voice said.

Butterflies filled my stomach as my bones melted at the sound of his voice.

I glanced over my shoulder to see the face to the voice. When I did, my heart dropped. No way in hell. I watched as he carried a case of beer, like Zacky. Jumping the steps onto the porch to stand beside me. His cologne and cigarette smell filling my nose, smelling so damn good.

His chocolate eyes met mine and a drop dead smirk appeared on his face, his eyes tracing the length of my body. As did mine to his. From his beautifully chizzled face to his muscled, tan body. His arms huge like Matt's and covered in tattoos. His long black hair caressing his cheeks.

"Hey there, beautiful. I'm Syn, but call me Brian." He winked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe