Girl I Know

Can't Have Me

"You okay?" I asked her.
She nodded. "Yeah, just needed to get away."
"Mind if I hang here with you? Don't feel like going outside yet, getting eaten alive out there." I smiled, showing the mosquito bites on my bare legs.
She giggled. "You do know that there's a magical repellent for them?"
I laughed, nodding. "I know. But hate it. It stinks."
"But you wouldn't be their dinner." Michelle laughed.
I reached into the fridge for a drink. "Want something?"
"Just a coke. I have to drive."
I nodded and handed her a can, then a beer for myself. "So, how long have you been with Brian?"
She shrugged. "Few years, if you don't count the break ups."
"What did you break up for? If you don't mind me asking."
"Not at all. And just stupid arguments and silly drunken mistakes." She shook her head, letting out a sigh.
"They weren't drunken." Brian growled as he joined us.
"Yes they were, Bri." Michelle said.
"Yeah, you just happen to see a guy that looked like me and went and fucked him?" He glared.
"My beer goggles suck, Brian. And I apologized for it." Michelle whined, frowning. "Besides, we were broken up at the time."
"Like hell-" Brian started towards her, Michelle cringed away.
"Brian!" I growled, stepping in front of Michelle. "Leave her alone."

I glared up at him. Brian glared back down at me for a minute, then his eyes softened as they turned back to their warm chocolate color. He sighed and nodded, looking over my shoulder at Michelle for a last glare and walked back outside. I heard Michelle sniff behind me and I turned to hug her.

"I'm sorry, Nikki." She cried.
"Don't be. You're fine."
"I'm sorry you had to see that. I didn't want me and him to fight in front of you. I like you. You're the only one here that is nice to me." She sniffed.
"I've seen worse than that. Being a bartender, you see things get really hairy quickly between couples. So that was nothing to what I'm used to. Relax, here." I wet a paper towel. "Use this."
"Thanks." She wiped her eyes.
"Welcome."
She sighed, looking at the clock. "I guess I'll go home, seeing that it's getting late. See you around, Nik."
"See you." I hugged her once more before she left.

I walked outside and pulled Brian's hoodie tighter to my body as the cool night wind engulfed me. Everyone was still around the fire drinking, except for Zacky and Bri. What happened to them? I took my seat beside Diana again who smiled my way, I returned the smile as I brought my beer to my lips.

"Where's Zacky-" I hiccuped. "-and Bri?" I asked her.
She shrugged. "Don't know?"
"They went back to his place." Brian said, taking the empty seat beside mine.
"So Nikki, you coming by the studio tomorrow?" Johnny asked me.
"Uhm, sure? Guess it wouldn't hurt."
"Sweet! Now I can torture you there as well, me lady." Jimmy grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.
I giggled. "Ah, Jimmy boy. Now you know I'll come back at you."
He shrugged. "You don't know of the powers I behold, me dear."
"Then it's an all out war between us."
"May the better man win."
Brian chuckled. "Can't wait to see this tomorrow."
"Well, it's late. Guess-" I hiccuped again. "I'll head on home."
"Hell no!" Matt said out loud, making me jump. "You are in no way of driving, Nik. You're spending the night here."
"Matt, I don't-"
"Not having it, Nikki. You are staying here." Matt crossed his arms.
"Diana!" I whined.
She giggled. "Nicole Lynn Belle, I agree with Matt. You are staying the night with us. We have a guest bedroom with a king sized bed in it that is calling your name."
I groaned. "Fine. You win."
"We always win. Don't you know that by now?" Matt chuckled.
"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes.

Brian smirked as he absentmindedly played with the string from my ripped shorts, I kept my eyes on his until he looked up at me. His smirk growing when our eyes met, then I looked away from him meeting Diana's as she winked. I rolled my eyes as I took another swig.

We continued to party it up that night. Matt had turned the radio up full blast and Diana brought me up to dance, the both of us drunkenly grinding on each other. Giving a hell of a show for the guys. We laughed at their expressions; their eyes dark with their jaws on the floor, leaning off the edge of their seats.

I smirked in Brian's direction as his eyes traced the length of my body. Licking his lips as I ran my hands down my body, his eyes following my every move. My eyes zeroed in on his fingers clenching his jeans tightly as my moves got more sexual. It was weird for me. Showing off for the guy I hated. But it was fun to tease him to his insanity, knowing that he can't have me.

And he never will. I'll be sure of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe :)