Status: Active

Allison Mars (Do Not Read)

Allison Mars 101: New life

Allison Narrating: My name is Allison Mars. My life was never hard, but it was never easy either. Most of my life, I've been home-schooled by my mother. She use to always stay home and my father use to always work. My father fell out of my life about a year ago. A year and six months. I still miss him. My mom got remarried and my new stepfather is rich. His rich parents passed away and left him billions of dollars in their will. I think the only reason why my mother married Bob was because of his money. Anyway, we're all moving to the suburbs to live a drama-free life. Somehow I don't think that's possible. I stopped being home schooled during the start of my sophomore yeah. I'm a SR now, so this will be my last year of school. I'm so thankful for that. I am blonde so I do get made fun of a lot. But for most of my life, people have always called me weird. I keep to myself and try my best to not meet friends. I do have a cell phone but it's filled with numbers of relatives and guys who call me to get a date. I never answer them of course. I'm not a big fan of dating. I like being alone. No one can judge me or make fun of me for being quiet or keeping my thoughts to myself. The only people I truly enjoy being around is my 8 year old brother Tommy and my mother, Anne.

[Allison's new house]

(Allison exits out the back of her stepfather Bob's white car. Her brother gets out the back and her mother gets out the passengers side. Bob gets out the driver's side and takes a deep satisfying breath.)

Bob: You smell that?! That's the smell of peace! Get use to that smell you'll be around it for quite some time.

Allison: I don't know what you smell, Bob, but all I smell is wet grass.

Bob: And I smell something funky. I think it's your attitude.

Anne: Enough you two! Today's the day I begin my life of peace, and I don't want your bickering ruining this moment for me.

Allison: Right, sorry, mom. Sorry, Bob. Now if you'd excuse me, I must unpack.

(Allison grabs two small suitcases and a small pink backpack from the trunk of the car. As she walks across the cement pathway in the center of her grass-filled lawn, she looks at the house next door to her left.)

Allison: (Thinking) The house is vacant. Hopefully no psychopaths move in. That's the last thing I need.

(Allison enters her bedroom. It's a pretty big room. A large bed with blue blankets sits in front of her window. Her wallpaper in blue and she has a blue computer desk on the wall on the other side of her room. Her computer monitor is turned on. and The screensaver shows various kitten and puppies. Allison throws all her bags on her bed. She opens one suitcase and pulls out many different posters of singers, animals and many other things.)

[One week later]

(Allison has taken a shower and brushed her teeth. She gets into a new pair of clothes and makes sure her hair is strait. She grabs her backpack and goes down stairs and enters the kitchen. She sees someone digging in the refrigerator. The door is blocked the person's body, so she can't see who it is.)

Allison: Mom?

(Her stepfather Bob is revealed to be in the refrigerator. He closes it and looks at Allison with a big smile.)

Allison: Oh it's just you.

Bob: You look disappointed.

Allison: Well maybe I am.

(Bob smiles and walks over to the stove to put eggs in the skillet. Allison sits at the island in the center of the kitchen. Allison looks at a huge plate of bacon and eggs on the counter.)

Allison: So you're cooking breakfast this morning?

Bob: Uh, yeah. Your mother isn't feeling to well, so I'm in charge of taking care of her today.

Allison: (Joking) Better you than me. (Takes a piece of bacon)

Bob: Well... If it weren't for school, you'd be the one taking care of her. And I would be the one going out to party and meet new people to flirt with.

(Bob continues to cook eggs.)

Allison: I don't think mom would be too fond of you saying things like that.

Bob: Your mom doesn't have to know a thing. She can just stay in her bedroom and rest like the cute little kitten she is.

(Both begin to laugh)

Bob: But in all honesty, you know I'm only joking right?

Allison: Yeah, Bob. I know you're only joking.

Bob: Good. Well you better be heading off to school. You've got a lot to do before class starts.

Allison: What like meet friends.

Bob: Visit teachers and classrooms to make sure you don't get lost when the next class starts.

Allison: I'm not interested in meeting new people, Bob. I just want to finish my SR year and move on with my life with no distractions or nothing holding me back.

(Bob's attitude becomes very serious.)

Bob: Sometimes it's good to know people care about you. It's good to be surrounded by people who accept you for you.

Allison: (Defensive) No one would accept me for me.

Bob: Your mother and I accept you.

Allison: Well you or my mother don't know me. You don't know anything about me.

Bob: I'm sorry.

Allison: Please... I just need to get to school. The bacon was delicious by the way.

(Allison grabs her bag and heads out the door. Ten minutes have passed. Allison walks into a classroom with equations displayed on the walls and boards. A very nice woman is sitting at her desk reading a book. She notices Allison and smiles at her. Allison gives her a hand signal saying hi.)

Ms. Surina: Hey, how are you today? Is their something I can help you with?

(Allison walks across the classroom to get to Ms. Surina's desk.)

Allison: I believe I have this class. Ms. Surina right?

Surina: Yeah, you've got the right class. Can I see your schedule?

Allison: Yeah, here.

(Allison takes her folded schedule out of her pocket and hands it to Surina.)

Ms. Surina: You have my class first period.

(Surina gives Allison her schedule back)

Allison: You'd think there would be more people here.

Surina: Nah. Students are pretty slow around this time of the year. Their brains need time to recover from all that junk food and video games. (Chuckles)

Allison: Yeah.

Surina: So how was your summer? Do anything interesting?

Allison: Not at all. I just... Stayed home and listened to music.

Surina: That's nice. I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch your name.

Allison: Allison Mars. Yeah my last name is foreign.

Surina: Like not from this planet foreign?

Allison: Exactly.

(Both laugh)

[An Hour later]

(Allison is sitting at her desk. She's trying to write an equation down from the board with a red pen. The pen is out of ink. She looks over at the kind-looking boy next to her. She clears her throat before talking.)

Allison: Excuse me, uh... Danny?

(The kind boy, Danny looks over to Allison. He cracks a smile the whole time he talks to her.)

Allison: Hi. I saw your name written on your paper. I'm kinda having trouble writing my name right now.

Danny: You need a pencil?

Allison: Please?

Danny: Sure, here you go. (Hands Allison the pencil in his hand)

Allison: What about you?

Danny: I've got extra. (Charming Joke) Yeah, see unlike you; I come to school prepared.

Allison: My parents and I were too busy moving. We didn't get the chance to school shop this year.

Danny: You don't have a job?

Allison: I just moved here. I'm still settling in.

Danny: Well if you want, I'd like to show you around town sometime.

Allison: I'm more of a person who likes to travel alone and learn things on her own.

Danny: You're afraid to let anyone get close to you. Is there a tale behind this mystery?

Allison: It's just my personality.

Danny: Well your personality intrigues me.

Surina: (To class) Alright! Pencils down!

Danny: Silly me, I forgot about the equation.

[Lunch time]

(The cafeteria is filled with hundreds of students. There's hardly any space to walk. Allison gets her tray the Lunch lady and looks around for a table to sit at.)

Allison: (Thinking) I hate being around too many people. Why was this cafeteria made so small? (See's three girls laughing at a table and talking. Sighs) It does seem to be the only table with available seats. I hate being around other teenage girls. All they do is start drama. Perhaps having a few words with them won't her... Much.

(Allison walks up to the table where the three girls are sitting. They stop smiling once they see her. They all stare at her with a dirty look.)

Allison: (Thinking) And the drama begins.

Brittany: Eww. What do you want?

Allison: Can I sit here?

(Brittany scoffs.)

Bonny: Whatever.

Tiffany: New girl.

(The three grab their trays and leave the table.)

Allison: (Thinking) That worked out better than I thought. I didn't have to talk to them, and I have a whole table to myself. Life is good.

(A girl with long curly black hair looks over at Allison sitting all alone. This girl is named Nicky. Nicky is sitting at a table full of people. They all seem to be laughing and having a good time. Except for Nicky. She feels bad for Allison. Nicky grabs her tray and walks over to Allison. She sits across from her at the table and smiles.)

Nicky: Hi.

Allison: Hi...

Nicky: I'm Nicky. (Reaches hand out. Allison doesn't move. She puts her hand back down.) Not a big fan of handshakes I see.

Allison: Can I help you with something?

Nicky: No. But I believe I can help you.

Allison: By leaving?

Nicky: (Laughs) No. You're the new girl right?

Allison: Yeah. Yeah I am, why?

Nicky: Well. Being the new kid is never easy. Or fun. I remember when I was the new kid. Boy was that a horrible experience.

Allison: Okay, Nicky was it?

Nicky: Yeah.

Allison: Listen, Nicky, I don't have any friends, I don't want any. I enjoy being alone.

Nicky: You like being alone?

Allison: Yep.

Nicky: Now I don't believe that. No one like to be alone.

Allison: Well I do.

Nicky: You're not very convincing. Look. You're probably just in a horrible mood today. But I would like to help you.

Allison: You already said that.

Nicky: Well I'm saying it again. You see that guy over by the snack bar? His name is Josh. Stay away from him. He's one of those self absorbed jocks. He's not only a jerk but he goes out with girls just to impress his buddies. They make deals with each other and bet on who get in who's pants first. I'm talking about girl's pant of course.

Allison: (Uninterested) Oh.

Nicky: Sabrina is like you. She's a loner. But also a goth. She's in the lunch line. No one likes Sabrina cause of her wardrobe, her attitude and lack of having a personality.

Allison: Is she new?

Nicky: Nope. She's been here since freshmen year. The three girls you just meet are Bonny, Brittany, and Tiffany. They're cheerleaders. They're basically the girl versions of Josh.

Allison: I'm sorry. Am I suppose to care about this? I'm sorry, but I don't care about these people or they are. I have my own life.

Nicky: Well... How about learning about me? I know a lot about everything that goes on around here. I can help you.

Allison: Will you please stop saying you can help me? You can help me by leaving me alone.

Nicky: And what if I don't? What are you just gonna sit somewhere else. You either deal with me, or a group of kids who'd reject you just for the way you look or dress.

Allison: Fine. (Sighs) Fine, tell me about you.

Nicky: You can see I'm very persistent at times. I'm also charming and I have a great party personality.

Allison: We're opposites. Our personalities and our hair. I'm blonde and strait, your hair is black and curly. You wear make-up, I don't. We wouldn't get along.

Nicky: Opposites attract.

(Nicky's friend, Robert and boyfriend Nick, sit over at the same table as Nicky and Allison. Allison gets frustrated.)

Nicky: Hey, guys, nice of you to join! This is Allison, the new girl. Allison, this is my friend Robert. Now I know he's a little big, but he calling him fat really does hurt his feelings sometimes.

Rob: What? No, I'm over it.

Nicky: He's also in denial. He's also a sweetheart. He's like a cute little teddy bear.

Nick: You're making a guy jealous.

Nicky: And this is my boyfriend, Nick. He's also a party boy.

Allison: Well it was nice meeting the two of you.

Rob: You as well.

[After school]

(Allison and Nicky are both walking on Allison's block. Nicky is in a good mood and Allison has calmed down a lot since lunch. The weather is cloudy and the streets are wet with puddles of recently fallen rain.)

Nicky: I'm glad you let me walk you home, Allison. Now that I know you live close by, we can walk to school together every morning.

Allison: Sounds fun.

(Allison stops in front of her house. Nicky looks at Allison's house and heart sinks down to her stomach. Her complete mood changes into fear and her breathing gets harder.)

Allison: Are you okay?

Nicky: Please don't tell me you live here, Allison.

Allison: But I do. Why, is it haunted?

(Nicky's mood changes to dark and depressing.)

Nicky: No. Just... Scared with bad memories. I remember this house. I knew the people who lived here before you did. We were friends. Me and the whole family.

Allison: What happened to them?

Nicky: They were murdered. All of them. Right here in this house. It was horrible... So much blood. Just thinking about it gives me chills.

Allison: You make it sound like you were there.

Nicky: No, I wasn't. I wasn't. (Sniffs) You know the messed up part about this whole thing is that no one ever caught the killer. It's been like a whole year. And no one has a clue who killed them.

Allison: (Thinking) I'm not too fond of Nicky. But what she just told me catches my attention. I would like to find out more about this murder. But if I'm gonna find information about this, I'm gonna need Nicky to give me info on the people of this suburban neighborhood. So far, my only suspects are, Nicky. And possible the dark-spirited loner, Sabrina. This should be fun.

(Allison's mother Anne is lying in her bed sick. Her husband Bob walks into the room with a small bowl of salad with ranch dressing. He closes the door and gives Anne the bowl of salad. Anne seems in a pretty good mood, but her nose is stuffy and her throat is a bit scratchy.)

Anne: Oh, thanks, honey. Although I'd rather have soup to help my throat.

Bob: Unfortunately, we are currently out of soup. But you know what they say: Salad is soups healthy cousin.

Anne: Who says that, dear?

Bob: I've heard many cooks say it.

Anne: Okay, you are a horrible liar.

(Both laugh)

Bob: Anything to make you laugh.

Anne: Well thank you, Bob. I do appreciate this.

(Moment of silents)

Anne: Honey. There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about.

Bob: What is it, dear?

Anne: It's not that I don't like this house, but something's... Not right about this house. I can't put my finger on it, but it's just something.

Bob: (Shushes) You're sick; you need to eat your salad and rest.

Anne: I can't just ignore this.

Bob: (Sighs) Fine.

Anne: Do you know the history of this house?

Bob: When I asked the previous owner, he said nothing unusual. This home is just as normal as any other on this block.

Anne: Are you sure?

Bob: I'm sure. Now eat your salad, dear. I'll be down stairs if you need me.

Anne: You're not gonna stay with me and keep me company?

Bob: Not today, sorry.

(Bob walks out of the room in a dramatic way. Allison and Nicky are talking outside still)

Allison: You wanna come in and meet my parents?

Nicky: No. No thank you. I better get home before it gets too late.

Allison: Fine.

Nicky: I was nice meeting you, Allison. Take care.

(Nicky leaves in a nervous mood. Allison walks into her home and Bob is in the kitchen drinking a small cup of liquor. He seems to be depressed about something. Allison sees him and stands next to him while the two of them talk.)

Allison: Hey, Bob.

Bob: Hey, kiddo. How was school?

Allison: It was okay. I meet a girl. Her name's Nicky.

Bob: Nicky? Very interesting. (Takes another sip)

Allison: She told me a family was murdered here about a year ago, and that the killer was never found. Is that true, Bob?

Bob: It is, Allison. From the police reports, the murders were too... gruesome to be seen by anyone. The police have never seen so much blood.

Allison: Have you told mom yet?

Bob: (Raises voice and gets more tense) No. And I don't plan to. And I'd appreciate if you kept your mouth shut about the whole thing.

Allison: Whoa. Where did that come from?

Bob: So your friend Nicky told you about the house?

Allison: I don't think I should say anymore. I'm going up to my room. And I'd appreciate it if you left me alone.

Bob: I'm going for a walk.

(Bob leaves the house dramatically.)

[School bus]

(Tommy is riding the school bus. The kids are yelling with excitement. A boy named Trevor is sitting in the seat in front of Tommy. He has the personality of a cocky bully. Trevor turns around to talk to Tommy.)

Trevor: Hey, new kid. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your house is haunted.

Tommy: No it's not!

Trevor: Yeah it is. My big brother said so. Try not to wet your pants when the scary ghosts pulls you under the covers at night.

Tommy: Shut up! (Covers ears) I can't hear you, I'm not listening!

Trevor: Weirdo. (Turns around)

(Back in Allison's bedroom, Allison is lying on her bed doing her homework. She looks frustrated and confused.)

Allison: (Thinking) (Grunts) Why is math so confusing?

(Allison closes her math book and sighs. She looks out her window and sees Danny, the boy from school, walking along side Sabrina, the Gothic loner. Allison leaves her home and walks up to Danny and Sabrina while they talk. Sabrina is dark and depressing as usual and Danny is happy. He's surprised to see Allison when she walks up to them.)

Allison: Hey.

Danny; Allison, what a surprise. What are you doing here?

Allison: I live here.

Danny: In this house? The one right next to us?

Allison: Yeah.

Sabrina: Spirits of the dead shall haunt you in your sleep and fill your mind with evil.

Allison: Nice to meet you too.

Danny: Um, this is Sabrina. She may seem dark... But deep down, she's a sweetheart.

Allison: I doubt it. But anyway, so you think you could help me with my homework?

Danny: Let me guess, math?

Allison: That's the one.

Danny: Actually, Sabra here is having some trouble herself. I'm sure we can help you out.

Allison: Good. Um... So do we go to your house or mine? Where do you live?

Danny: I live to the right of you.

Allison: Right.

Danny: Well, why don't we go to your house?

Allison: My house doesn't terrify you?

Danny: Nope.

Allison: You do know a family was murdered here, don't you?

Danny: Yeah... Nice people. But it was their time to go, so, they had to die. It happens to all of us at some point.

Sabrina: My house will be the best place to go. I feel the spirits when I enter that house.

Allison: So you're psychic?

Sabrina: Non of your business. I'll be waiting for you at my house.

Danny: We'll be there in 10 minutes.

Sabra: Whatever.

Allison: So, Danny, murder doesn't bother you?

Danny: Nothing bothers me, Allison. I sometimes scare myself sometimes. (Smiles)

Allison: (Thinking) Danny just made it on my list of suspects. Along with Nicky, Sabra and my stepfather Bob. I wonder who else I'm missing? Who else could be a suspect?

(Nicky walks into her room and closes the door. She locks it and throws her back pack on her bed. She reaches into her dresser and pulls out a picture of a teenage boy. She looks at it with compassion.)

Nicky: I'm sorry. (Rubs picture) You shouldn't have died like that. You didn't deserve it.

(Minutes later, Nicky checks her Email. She has one new message.)

Email: Telling Allison Mars was a mistake. Watch your back.

(Nicky closes her Email out and calls someone on her phone. She doesn't sound afraid when the person on the other side answers.)

Nicky: I assure you, Allison will keep this a secret. You have nothing to worry about.

(5 seconds later, Nicky goes to her bedroom window and looks outside.)

Nicky: Yes, I see you. Don't worry about Allison. I'll make sure she doesn't bring anything up from that night. I promise. (3 seconds later) Thank you. (Hangs up phone)

(The clouds grow dark, lightning begins to roar, and heavy drops of rain begin to fall.)

TO BE CONTINUED...