Status: Active

Allison Mars (Do Not Read)

Allison Mars 102: Getting to know friends

Allison Narrating: It was my first day back to public school. This Nicky chick kept bothering me and getting in my personal space. She introduced me to her big and friendly buddy, Robert, and her boyfriend Nick. i met a nice boy named Danny in math class. He seemed nice. But when he noticed I lived in a house where a family was murdered, his mood changed. I can't explain it. But it was very creepy. And he smiled the whole time we talked about it. I also meet a Gothic chick named Sabrina. She also has a dark side to her. Things got a bit tense with my step father, after I mentioned to him about the murder as well. He told me to keep my mouth shut about the whole thing and not tell my mother about it. He then left the house for some reason. My friend Nicky was no exception either. When she saw my house, a deep sense of fear came over her. She freaked out. I'm gonna solve this myself. The one who killed this family was never found. But I will find the one responsible.

[Lunchtime]

(Allison is siting at a table by herself at lunchtime. Nicky rushes over to her and sits across from her at the table. The cafeteria is crowded and noisy. Allison does not seem happy to talk to Nicky.)

Allison: So I heard students are allowed to eat outside now... Yet it's still crowded.

Nicky: Listen, Allison. I'd really appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about you living in that house. I mean that night changed everyone's lives. Most for the worse. I'm asking you as a friend.

Allison: Who said we were friends? You walked up to me and ruined my alone time. That's how we meet.

Nicky: I'm sorry, but please. Don't tell anyone.

Allison: Fine. (Thinking) I'm of course lying to her.

Nicky: Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Allison: Whatever.

Nicky: Hey, me and the gang are going out after school, you wanna come?

Allison: Sure.

Nicky: Great. My boyfriend Nick works at soda shop, so we're gonna walk him to work and hang out there for a few hours.

Allison: I didn't know soda shops still existed, but okay.

Nicky: Great! See you there, buddy! (Hugs Allison for 2 seconds then runs away)

Allison: (Thinking) I'm gonna stab that chick one of these days for invading my personal space.

(Sabrina walks up Allison's table and sits down in the same spot Nicky was.)

Allison: (Thinking) Seriously?

(Sabrina is not wearing any makeup and her cloths are casual. Her attitude isn't as dark as it was before, but is a bit dark. She shows no emotion.)

Sabrina: Hello, Mars.

Allison: Can I help you, Sabrina.

Sabrina: Please, call me Sabra. Only my friends call me Sabra.

Allison: Why does everyone assume I'm their friend?

Sabrina: Stop whining and be happy someone wants to like you.

Allison: Okay...

Sabrina: Now, listen to what I have to say. That house that you moved into. You already know a family was murdered there. And I can see in your eyes that you wanna know who did it. I will assist you in any way I can.

Allison: Your assistance is not needed. I'm not sure if I even want to investigate this.

Sabrina: Whenever you lie, you blink twice. I've noticed that.

Allison: Who are you; Adrian Monk?

Sabrina: I'm very observant. If you're looking for the one, or ones, responsible for this murder, you're gonna need someone by your side. You can't do this alone.

Allison: ... Fine. (Extends arm for a handshake) You're hired.

Sabrina: Ah... No. (Slaps hand away) I don't like touching other people.

Allison: But you just slapped my hand away?

Sabrina: So?

Allison: So you touched me.

Sabrina: I don't see what that has to do with anything I just said.

Allison: You're weird, you know that?

Sabrina: (Cracks a smile) I've been told. Don't tell anyone you and I are partners on this okay?

Allison: Sure.

[After school at soda shop]

(Allison walks into the shop alone. Robert and Nicky are sitting at a table already. The two of them seem surprised to see Allison. They call her over. Allison sits next to Nicky at the small table.)

Nicky: Where were you? We tried waiting for you at the front of the school.

Allison: I know you sent me a text at the last minute, saying to meet you after school. But I left my binder in my class and it had my homework in it.

Robert: Going back for you r homework was a responsible thing, Allison. I'm proud of you.

Allison: I guess? Thanks, Robert.

Nicky: It wouldn't have hurt you to reply back to me.

Allison: Sorry, but my teacher talked to me for awhile to make sure I understood the work.

Nicky: Fine.

Robert: So, Ali, I don't know enough about you to consider you a friend.

Allison: (Signs) What would you like to know about me, Robert?

Robert: All you feel comfortable telling me.

Allison: So nothing?

Robert: How was your life before you moved here?

Allison: I didn't have any friends to talk to, so lonely I guess. I always kept to myself. I was always too afraid to let me feelings out.

Robert: You still that way?

Allison: Yeah. Nicky, do you mind leaving Robert and I alone?

Nicky: Sure. I can respect your wishes.

Allison: Thank you.

(Nicky grabs her bag and moves to another table no too close to Allison's.)

Robert: What was that about?

Allison: I want to be a good friend to Nicky. Now I know she told me not to get involved, but I really want to know about her connection with the family that died in my house.

Robert: She was... Romantically involved with the son of the family. They got into an argument and sadly, they broke up, the same night as his death.

Allison: Were they in love?

Robert: Yeah.

Allison: How long have Nicky and Nick been dating?

Robert: four years. They meet freshmen year. And started going out a week after they meet.

Allison: So when did she start dating the boy that was murdered?

Robert: His name is Henry?

Allison: Right Henry.

Robert: They started dating in 8th grade.

Allison: So Nicky had two boyfriends. She must have fell in love with both of them?

Robert: But she could only choose one to be with for the rest of her life. She sometimes said, that the love they gave her was so powerful, only death can reveal her true love.

Allison: Unfortunate for Henry huh?

Robert: Yeah. Yeah he was a good friend too.

Allison: Maybe we can talk more about this later. Now doesn't seem appropriate.

Robert: I understand.

(Nick walks up to Nicky's table in his waiter outfit.)

Nick: I see Blondie's kicked you out of the group table. Pretty soon she'll be your replacement.

Nicky: No, Nick. I think she might have a thing for Robert. I'm not gonna get involved in their business and ask what they were talking about. But I am curious to know how things would work out between the two of them.

Nick: Hey, babe. if you want, I could ask Robert if he likes Allison? But only if you're sure Allison likes Robert.

Nicky: I'm not sure. But hey, you never know right?

Nick: Alright, I'll ask. But I'm not getting too involved.

Nicky: Fine by me.

(Allison waves to Nicky to come back to the table.)

[An hour later]

(Allison goes over to Sabrina's house. She goes to Sabrina's front door and sees Sabrina sitting on her porch drinking a tall glass of ice cold lemonade.)

Allison: What's up?

Sabrina: I've been waiting for you.

Allison: I see... Nice glass of lemonade. The umbrella makes it fancy.

Sabrina: Eh. (Throws umbrella out of the glass) I hate lemonade.

Allison: And your drinking it why?

Sabrina: I hate most things. So I might as well enjoy them as much as I can.

Allison: You confuse me sometimes. You know that?

Sabrina: Listen, Allison, I had a feeling you'd be here. I even mad you a glass. I put it in the refrigerator so it'll stay cold for you.

Allison: You must be psychic?

Sabrina: Somewhat.... Sorta. I mean I'm not a full psychic. I can't read people's palms or anything, or foresee the future. I mean sometimes I can see the future. But most of the time I just feel it.

Allison: So since you're psychic, you can help me find out who killed Henry and his family.

Sabrina: I can't see or feel things that have happened in the past. I had no idea Henry was gonna die that night. But I knew someone was.

Allison Did you suspect anyone?

Sabrina: His girlfriend Maria. He had at least two girlfriends. One was your friend Nicky. Nicky found out about Henry cheating on her and the two of them got into an argument. Later that same night, Henry ends up dead.

Allison: I'm guessing you never told the police cause you were too afraid to let anyone know you knew anything.

Sabrina: You're right about that. (Stirs lemonade with straw) I was too afraid. The one time I've ever felt fear. It's not a good feeling.

Allison: Why aren't you dressed in your Gothic clothing, or have your makeup on?

Sabrina: Because now that you're here, I know that there's another chance for me to find closure. I hate being the dark and mentally disturbed girl. After Henry died, I just... Became a dark person.

Allison: How do I know for sure you're not the killer?

Sabrina: Because Henry was my brother.

Allison: You're brother?

Sabrina: Yeah. When me and my brother were born at the same time, my parents only planned to have one child. They didn't have enough money no take care of two so they gave us each a half of a necklace. When they moved in, I went over to see if they were cool neighbors and ended finding out he was my long lost fraternal twin brother. No one else knew about that.

Allison: I trust you for some reason. Which is rare. I never trust anyone.

Sabrina: Who do you suspect of being the killer?

Allison: Nicky, Danny, my stepfather, and now this Maria person.

Sabrina: You need to get to know your friends first. That means Robert and Nick. Once you do that, you start asking around the neighborhood. I'm sure by then, you'll have more suspects. Sorry we'll have more suspects.

Allison: I think I wanna meet your parents.

Sabrina: I'm all alone today. My parents are always out on business trips. They won't be back till Friday.

Allison: Then sleepover at your house. Population 2. Or possibly 3.

Sabrina: You wanna invite someone?

Allison: How about Nicky? Or if we're lucky, Maria?

Sabrina: Maria is a mean girl and she likes to be the center of attention. She thinks the world revolves around her. Here's the sad part. She has no friends. Not one. She pretends to have some though.

Allison: Doesn't sound much of a killer to me, but it doesn't hurt to make new friends.

Sabra: No, but it can sometimes be deadly.

(About an hour later, Allison is back in her home. She's talking to her mother in her bedroom. Anne is still feeling sick. She lies in her bed feeling very tired and week. Her skin is turning pale white. Allison stands over her mother.)

Allison: Hi, mom.

Anne: Hey, sweetie. How was your day?

Allison: Decent, like always. Do you need me to bring you anything? Soup, hot tea, anything?

Anne: No, baby, I'm fine, thank you.

(Allison begins fluffing Anne's pillow to make sure her head is comfortable.)

Allison: I actually wanted to talk to you about a sleepover... My friend Sabrina's having. I was wondering if I could go.

Anne: What did her parents say?

Allison: They won't be home for a few days. But I promise; there will be no drinking or wild parties.

Anne: I was young once. You don't have to lie to me.

Allison: What? No, mom, I'm not lying.

Anne: Just be careful, Allison. promise me that. (Coughs)

Allison: I will, mom. (Kisses her mom on the forehead)

(Allison leaves the room and silently closes the door. She turns around and runs into Bob. Bob is staring at her with a creepy look. Allison shows no fear.)

Bob: What uh... What were you and your mother talking about?

Allison: I'm going to a sleepover. Wanna come?

Bob: (Chuckles) You better not be lying to me, Allison.

Allison: And what if I am, Bob? Is there something you're gonna do to me?

Bob: I should check on your mother.

(About 30 minutes later, Sabrina and Allison are sitting in the soda shop where Nick works at. Nick walks up to their table.)

Nick: Hello, ladies. I am now on break and free to talk to you wonderful chicks.

Allison: Nick, how did you know Henry?

Nick: Why are you interested in him?

Allison: I just need to know your relationship with the guy.

Nick: My girlfriend smelled like another guy one night. So I followed her for a few days. I found out she was cheating on me with another guy. This guy was Henry. We were best friends. I can't believe he would do something like that to me.

Sabrina: We're guessing that you found out Henry was the other guy, the same day he and his family were murdered.

Nick: I think we're done talking here. But before I go. Nicky wanted me to ask you if you were interested in Robert, Allison.

Allison: Why would you think that?

Nick: The private talk between you and him at this exact table.

Allison: (Thinking) I can't let him suspect anything. I have to lie. (To Nick) He's a sweet guy. But I dunno about... Liking him. I mean I'm not sure. It's hard for me, you know?

Nick: Yeah, I got you.

Allison: I'm just curious to know about this Henry guy. That's why I asked you. Nicky won't tell me.

Nick: Well now you know why. But don't tell anyone about what I told you. No one knows that I knew she was cheating.

Sabrina: Our lips are sealed.

[Later that night]

(Sabrina calls Danny around 11:42PM from her bedroom. Danny answers the phone casually.)

Danny: Hey.

Sabrina: How are you, Danny?

Danny: I'm okay I guess.

Sabrina: (Stammering) So I've been thinking a lot about Henry.

Danny: Forget about him. You and Allison.

Sabrina: Who said anything about Allison?

Danny: I know you probably have me on speaker phone. She can hear every word I'm saying. Hi, Allison.

Sabrina: (Lying) Allison's not here, Danny.

Danny: You know how much I hate liars, Sabra. Henry was a liar. He would always lie to me about everything.

Sabrina: Not everything, Danny.

Danny: Hey, Allison. I'm telling you nicely to stop snooping around in business that's not yours.

Allison: Maybe I will, maybe I won't, Danny. Depends on my mood.

Danny: You were warned. (Hangs up phone)

Allison: Danny seems... Unsatisfied.

Sabrina: Danny and Henry were best friends. Henry betrayed his trust. A few days later, Henry ends up dead.

Allison: We should call Maria now. She told us to call her back around midnight cause she was at a party all night.

(10 minutes, later, Maria, Allison and Sabrina all walk into Sabrina's room. Sabrina grabs Maria's small bag and throws it on the bed. Maria is somewhat of a bitter person. She thinks the world revolves around her, but no one seems to actually like or care about her.)

Sabrina: If you want your bags, they're on my bed.

Maria: You should learn to treat royal artifacts with respect.

Sabrina: Royal artifacts? It's a bag.

Maria: Yeah but it's a bag that belongs to a princess.

Allison: I already don't like you, Maria.

Maria: Well you don't have to like me, you just have to respect me and admire my beauty.

Allison: apparently you aren't that great, if Henry used you for a booty call.

Maria: What?! How dare you, you...

Allison: Shut up, Maria. Look the only reason why we invited you here was to talk about Henry. Now I hate that I have to sit here and listen to your annoying voice for hours, but we need to know what we can about your relationship with Henry.

Maria: You disgust me.

Allison: No, I think that's just your scent.

Maria: I don't have to put up with this. Come talk to me when your less of a cunt. (Maria storms off)

Sabrina: What's your problem, Allison? You can't just come out and say stuff like that. This was your first time meeting her. The words said tonight were completely unnecessary.

Allison: I'm sorry, but I really don't care about how she feels. I don't like her.

Sabrina: You need to put your personal issues aside and focus on out main objective.

Allison: Fine. I'll learn to control my actions.

Sabrina: She went into the bathroom. Go talk to her.

Allison: I'm not promising this conversation will end well.

(Allison walks into the restroom and sees Maria sitting on the edge of the bathtub. Her eyes are full of tears and her attitude is changed. She is depressed. Allison closes the door and sits on the toilet lid next to Maria.)

Allison: I'm sorry for being mean to you. But what I said wasn't that bad.

Maria: No one ever loved me. Henry was the only one who showed me he cared. I have no friends. I have no family. All my life, I've moved from foster home, to foster home. When I turned 18, I left my currently adoptive parents. No, I'm lying. They kicked me out. But I had a job at the time. And I was able to afford an apartment of my own.

Allison: I don't know what it feels like to be unloved. To find love. Then lose is again. I'm sorry, but I don't understand it. But I can imagine it's pretty horrible.

Maria: I found out Henry had multiple girlfriends. Me, Nicky, Brittany, Bonny, Tiffany, Alyssa.

Allison: Wait. Brittany, Bonny, and Tiffany. I meet those three girls on the first day of school. They're popular. And their attitudes are just bitter. Worse than you... Sorry.

Maria: Alyssa wasn't in the group?

Allison: Who is Alyssa?

Maria: Alyssa was the Jezebel of our school. She wanted to have sex with as many people as possible. Because Alyssa moved around town so much, she was able to get as much secrets and dirt on a lot of people. She knows so many secrets. Last I heard, Brittany, Bonny, and Tiffany couldn't risk their reputation being destroyed. So they found dirt on Alyssa and threatened her. Alyssa left town.

Allison: Around what time?

Maria: Maybe a month before Henry's death.

Allison: (Thinking) It's possible Alyssa killed Henry to get back at the three witches.

Maria: I loved Henry with all my heart. I would never hurt him in any way.

Allison: How do I know you're not the killer? How do I know you're not lying?

Maria: True love is never a lie.

Allison: (Hesitant) ... You... You said no one cared about you... I'm guessing... You never had a chance to grieve. To... Have someone to cry with. And to talk to someone who understands... Sabrina was Henry's twin sister. Go talk to her. Cry with her. She understands.

Maria: Henry never had a sister.

Allison: No, he did. Just know one knew about it. He found out shortly after he moved here.

Maria: Then I should go talk to Sabrina, and find out all I can about Him.

Allison: I'm not an emotional person, so go.

(Both chuckle)

Allison: Seriously, go.

(days have passed. The weekend is now over and Allison is in her bedroom. She's typing on the computer. Suddenly, she hears faint sounds of footsteps from behind her closed room door. Allison closes out of her computer and slowly walks to her door. She looks under it and sees a shadow of someone standing at her door. She quickly opens the door. No one can be seen throughout the halls. Allison closes the door and sits on her bed. The footsteps can be heard again. The shadow stands in front of her door again. Allison slowly walks back to her door. She doesn't take her eyes off the shadow under the door. She grabs the knob and tries to open it. It gets stuck. Allison puts her ear to the door to hear what's going on, on the other side of the door. She hears deep slow heavy breathing. She then hears a loud high-pitched scream. She backs away from her door. She runs at the door again and pulls it open. No one is around. She closes the door again. Allison begins to hear loud banging on the other side of the door. She opens the door. No one is there. She then hears loud footsteps and banging throughout her entire room. Allison runs out into the hall. the footsteps fade away. Allison sees bloodstains behind her bed. Allison locks her door and pushes her bed out of the way to see behind it. A huge dark stain covers the wall. The blood slowly gets smaller and smaller into the center. The stain is in a perfect square shape. The blood disappears completely. Allison looks closely at the spot where the blood made the square shape. She sees that square patch of the wall is lighter that the rest of the wall. Allison gets a pocket knife from her desk and stabs a hole in the wall. She uses her hand to break the rest of the patch. A small brown box is in the wall. Spider comes out of the hole and tries to run away. Allison smashes it with her bare hands. Her mother runs into her door and begins banging on it in a panic. Allison rushes to her door and unlocks it. Anne is panicking.)

Anne: What's going on, are you okay, Why is the door locked, I heard banging.

Allison: I was trying to kill a spider, mom.

(Allison shows Anne the dead spider, smashed against her hand.

Anne: Don't scare me like that, Allison. You nearly gave me a heart attack.

(Anne suddenly passes out and falls. Allison catches Anne.)

Allison: Mom! Mom, wake up!

Anne: (Very weak) I'm not gonna make it. Promise me you'll be good Allison.

Allison: No, mom. Listen to me you're not gonna die! Mom!

(Cold water is splashed in Allison's face. She wakes up in her bed. Tommy is standing next to Allison crying with an empty cup in his hand.

Allison: Tommy, what is it?

Tommy: Allison, what happened to mom?!

Allison: What? Where is mom?

Tommy: Me and Bob found her on the floor in your bedroom just now. You were sleeping.

Allison: What? What, no.

(Allison charges out of her bed. She sees the spot on the wall where she killed the spider. The spider is still on her hand. She pushes her bed and sees the patch on the wall closed.)

Allison: Go downstairs with mom, Tommy.

Tommy: But...

Allison: Go now!

(Tommy runs out of the room. Allison punches at the patch in the wall to reopen the hole. She grabs the brown box. The box says "Kourtney and Henry" forever on it.)

Allison: Who are you Kourtney?

(Allison all of a sudden wakes up in the waiting room. Nicky, Rob and Nick are all sitting around Allison.)

Allison: What just happened?

TO BE CONTINUED...