Please Stay Forever With Me

The Past Is The Past

Image

I had made this new start to my Nick free life known to those closest to me. Of course I knew telling Demi and Joe would result in Nick finding out that I wanted nothing to do with him for the time being. Surprisingly, Demi had been supportive and had understood why I needed some time away from the boy who had been my every though for weeks now. Joe on the other hand wanted to know why I had to this and why I couldn’t be friends with him. Hunter was unaware by this change since I had still not mentioned Nick and I’s relationship to him.

The night after the dinner with the Jonas’s Hunter had decided to take me out to dinner to make up for not spending much time with me. It was nice to be looking forward to something that didn’t involve a Jonas in the plans. As much as I loved the Jonas family it still felt nice to have a life outside of their close family.

“I’m glad we go to do this.” Hunter said as we looked over our menus.

“Me too.” I agreed looking over my own menu to give him a small smile.

I had a lot of fun with Hunter that night, but there was still something bothering me about everything that had happened with Nick. Whenever there was a lapse in the conversation my mind would wonder to Nick. It made me feel guilty thinking about someone else while spending time with Hunter.

We spent the rest of dinner just talking about anything and everything. We had a lot of fun and I was able to keep my mind off of Nick for a while. We laughed and hardly touched our food as it sat in front of us growing cold. Soon enough we were ready to take this date back to my house where we could continue our conversation.

Of course Demi had Joe over when we got back to the house. I swear the two of them just love to stir things up because Nick was also with them. I didn’t say anything as Hunter and I walked past them to go to my room. Hunter greeted them with a wave but otherwise noticed my change in mood.

“Everything alright?” Hunter asked once we were in the privacy of my room.

“Yeah, of course.” I said quickly smiling. “Do you want anything to drink?”

“Uh, sure water would be nice.” Hunter said with a shrug.

“I’ll go get that. Make yourself at home.”

I walked back downstairs and went directly to the living room. I avoided Nick’s gaze by focusing on Demi.

“Can we talk?” I asked annoyance evident in my tone.

Demi followed me into the kitchen where I filled a glass of water for Hunter before turning on my best friend.

“Seriously, Demi?” I asked shaking my head. “I tell you I want nothing to do with Nick for a while and you bring him here the next day?”

“In my defense I thought you would be out later with Hunter.” Demi replied. “And besides it’s my house I can have whoever I want here.”

“Fine, but next time, warn me so I know not to come home for until he’s gone.” I said picking up the glass of cold water.

“How long are you going to be like this?” Demi asked me as she followed me to the stairs.

“Until I’m able to be in the same room as him without wanting to either cry or kiss him.” I answered loudly.

Hunter was sitting on my bed looking at his phone which he quickly put away as I entered the room. I handed him the glass of water which he took with a thank you. I sat down next to him barely any space between our bodies.

“So, I think it’s time we talk about Nick.”

I couldn’t look at Hunter as he waited for me to say something. I knew this was coming sooner or later the truth would come out. I took a deep breath then turned to face Hunter.

“It’s a long story.” I mumbled.

“Just start from the beginning.”

And that’s just what I did. I told him how in love with the Jonas Brothers I was before meeting Nick and his family. I told him how Nick and i first met and became neighbors and then best friends. I explained everything with my mother and why I eventually lived with the Jonas family. Hunter listened quietly as I told him mine and Nick’s complicated history. Finally I told him everything that had been happening since I moved to California. He didn’t seem too upset that I had kissed Nick only a couple of nights ago.

“Are you sure you’re done with him?” Hunter asked quietly.

“I think so.” I answered truthfully.

“Then I won’t worry about him for now.” Hunter said taking my hand.

I smiled and held onto his hand tightly. This was what I wanted in a relationship trust and understanding. He was everything I wanted in a guy, but there was still something missing with him. I knew deep down what that was but I tried to ignore it because deep down I knew he wasn’t Nick and unfortunately for me I wanted Nick and only Nick. I just hoped for mine and Hunter’s sake I could forget about Nick sooner rather than later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait and crappy update! I've been really busy lately. I'm going to try to update again soon but I can't guarantee anything right now. I hope you guys at least liked this one a little bit. comment!
: )