Please Stay Forever With Me

I Can't Fight It Any Longer

Image

I had never felt so out of place as I did standing on the beach with people I had never met before the night of the party. Hunter bailed at the last second; which left me dateless and all alone at a party that I didn’t belong at. Demi was off with Joe making their rounds around the party talking to people in the music industry. With nothing better to do, I people watched. There seemed to be mainly older people, rarely anyone my age. This was definitely an adult party; Dense had even allowed alcohol to be handed out for this one occasion.

“You look like you’re having fun.”

I looked to the person standing next to me and smiled when I saw Demi. She looked stunning in her pale pink and silver mini-dress. I looked over at Joe who was wearing a simple black suit with a white under shirt and black tie. They looked perfect with each other.

“I am having so much fun.” I said sarcastically.

“Where’s Hunter?” Joe asked.

“He got called into work.” I said rolling my eyes.

“I see, well would you like to be my second date?” Joe asked winking at me.

“I don’t know Demi are you ok with sharing him?” I asked Demi with a small laugh.

“I guess.” Demi said rolling her eyes. “Just for tonight.”

My night might actually turn around now that I had my best friends by my side. I held onto Joe’s left arm while Demi held his right hand as we walked around the edge of the party laughing as people got increasingly intoxicated. It was then that I realized the absence of the main event.

“Where did Nick go?” I asked Demi.

“I haven’t seen him in a while.” She said looking around for him as well. “Maybe he went outside.”

I nodded my head and tried to focus on Joe while he told one of overly dramatic stories with a group of other people. The party seemed to be a hit and when it was finally time to hear some Nick’s new songs everyone gathered around a small stage set up near the water.

“Hello.” Nick said into the microphone. “I’m Nick Jonas and I’m going to play some songs off of my new album. I hope you all like them.”

I stood with Demi and the rest of the Jonas family at the front of the crowd. I watched as Nick picked up his guitar and pulled the strap over his head, he looked so at ease with a guitar in his hand.

“This first song I’m going to play is called Last Time Around, it was actually a last minute addition to the album.” Nick said as he began to play it on his guitar.

It sounded so different to what I was used to him playing, it was a little edger then I had heard from him or his brothers. Nick kept catching my stare and he would hold for a few seconds before looking away. This always seemed to happen at certain parts of the song, so of course it wasn’t too hard to come to the conclusion the song was about me.
As the song came to an end I was ready to leave. If there were going to be more songs about me I didn’t want to hear them. I didn’t want to know how Nick felt about me through his songs.

“Do you think some of his songs are going to be about me?” I asked Demi before Nick started the next song.

“It’s possible.” Demi said quietly. “He hasn’t really dated anyone since you. We were all surprised when he told us he was dating Delta.”

I wasn’t able to answer because Nick was talking again. He looked sad as he explained the next song.

“I wrote this song partly about myself and partly about a friend I used to have.” He said his eyes finding mine again. “This is In the End.”

It was a slower sadder song; I could hear every emotion in Nick’s voice. He sounded amazing, and even though I knew the song was about me I was unable to turn away. His voice was captivating, hypnotizing. I had forgotten how amazing his voice really was. As the song finished I had tears rolling down my cheeks. All of his new songs were great I loved watching him play his guitar and sing his heart out.

“This will be my last song.” Nick said quietly. “It’s called Stay.”

I barely made it to the chorus before I had to leave. There was too much emotion and as he sang Nick looked directly at me once again. I walked away from without saying anything to Demi or Joe. I had to get away and from a trip to the beach with Hunter I knew the perfect place to go to get away from everyone. There was a small dock behind a group of trees that made the area completely secluded. I slipped my shoes off and sat down at the edge of the dock letting my feet touch the water. It was a peaceful night with hardly any late night beach goers. I didn’t know how much time I had spent on the dock but it didn’t matter to me. I knew at some point someone would come looking for me.

Just as I had thought I soon heard my name being called. I didn’t answer back right away I wanted a few last seconds to myself before having to go back to the party. As I heard my name again being I called I said something back and before too long I had company.

“Everyone was wondering where you went.” Nick said as he walked towards me. “You had us kind of worried.”

“Sorry, I just needed to get away for a little bit.” I replied.

“I understand.” Nick said as he stopped next to me. “Can I sit with you?”

“Sure.”

Nick and I sat next to each other our feet dangling over the edge of the dock barely touching the water. He looked over at me a nervous smile plastered on. It was like we were friends again no added emotion in his voice and no harsh look.

"How's Hunter?" He asked looking back at the water.

"Good." I answered quietly. "How's Delta?"

"Uh, pretty good." Nick said. He placed his hands on his knees and drummed his fingers nervously. "Have you ever thought about what happened before you left?"

I was not prepared for this question I tried to come up with something to say but I was speechless. Of course I had thought about what happened constantly, on a daily basis really, but I wasn't sure if I should tell him. I have a boyfriend now and he has a girlfriend, nothing was going to change that.

"The truth, please." Nick said after a long silence.

"Truth? I've thought about that a lot." I said deciding I should just tell him the truth.

"Oh." He said looking back into the water.

"Have you?" I asked nervously.

"Um, yeah I have." Nick said after clearing his throat. "A lot more than a guy with a girlfriend probably should."

"We should probably get back to the party.” I said standing up my shoes in my hand.

"Yeah, I probably shouldn’t be gone too long." Nick said also standing his shoes in his hands.

We stood facing each other until finally Nick dropped his shoes and grabbed my hand pulling me to him. His lips crashed into mine in a passion filled kiss. I dropped my shoes and put my arm around him as I kissed him back. We both forgot in the few seconds we kissed about the people we were hurting by doing this. Nick was the first to pull away, He looked down at me a look I hadn’t seen in a long time played on his flawless face.

“I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of boring but the end was a little shocker! Who do you think said it? ;) I've had the end scene written for a while, even before What I Go To School was completed, I saw it in a play and thought it was perfect. (of course I changed some of it to use in this story.)
Well go comment and let me know what you thought of this!!! : )

Party Dresses