Status: comments are the thing that helps me keep going.

Rolling in the Deep

1. The Beginning

Chapter One

Years ago, Severus Snape walked into an orphanage. He longed for a child, but would take no women if she wasn't Lily Evans. Of course, now she was Lily Potter and had a child of her own. He walked down the aisle, peering into the cribs until one little girl caught his eye. He stopped and hovered over the crib, a faint smile appearing on to his face. The small girl had a patch of black hair on her head and had very pale skin. Her icey blue eyes stared up at the man. She didn't cry when Severus picked the infant up.
"Lovely choice, Severus."
He spun around to see Albus Dumbledor standing a few feet ago. He nodded to his boss and looked back down at the child, who was laughing slightly. She was a happy child and she always would be.
Five years later

"Gabrielle." Called a now, older Snape.
It had been five years since he adopted the small, happy baby, making her six years old.
Gabrielle Lily Snape hopped off of the concrete railing, humming a tune she had probably made up. She was wearing a small black dress with pink trimming on the ends. Her hair was in two, long pigtails with pink ribbons tied around them.
"Yes, daddy?" She smiled at her father.
Snape looked down at his daughter and smiled. He patted her head softly and lead her inside the giant castle. He was taking her to Hogwarts since he didn't have a babysitter. Dumbledor didn't mind, he loved spending time with Gabrielle.
"Daddy," Gabrielle started walking in the castle with him, "Are we going to see Dumbledor?"
Snape nodded walking past the staring children. They all knew he had a daughter, but had never seen her too well.
When they arrived in Dumbledor's office, Gabrielle ran over to the Headmaster and grabbed on to his leg, giggling. This made Dumbledor laugh too.
"Good morning, Gabrielle," He spoke kindly to the girl, "How are you?"
Gabrielle climbed on to her favorite chest and sat down, "I'm fine."
Snape cleared his throat at Gabrielle, giving her a look.
"Thank you." She added, knowing she forgot her manners.
Her and Dumbledor shared a certain bond. It was like he saw something in her that would be important in a later date. He would often tell her stories of wizards and witches of long ago. He even told her that she was part Veela, which meant she had certain powers. This made the girl excited. Powers of her very own, but she didn't exactly know what kind of powers they were.
Seven years later

Gabrielle walked with her father into Hogwarts. She was dressed in her uniform with her pet cat, Ulilex, sitting on her shoulder. There was a smile on her face as she waved to people she knew. As her father left her, two boys she had met five years ago came up to her.
"Hello, Gabrielle." They spoke in unison.
She giggled, "Hello, Fred. George."
Fred and George Weasley were in their fifth year at Hogwarts. They were in Gryffindor as all the Weasley's were. Gabrielle was a third year in Slytherin, though that didn't stop her from making friends in other houses.
"You're growing up so much!" Fred said, messing up her hair.
She fixed her jet black hair and laughed softly.
"I should get going. Bye!"
Before leaving she hugged and kissed their cheeks. She ran to the Great Hall and smiled at the sight. It was always so breathtaking to her. She walked over to the Gryffindor table quickly and sat down to speak with her friends.
"Blimey, Gabi!" Ron screeched, "You scared me!"
She laughed and shook her head, "It's nice to see you too!"
Harry smiled and hugged the Slytherin. Even though he hated Snape and Slytherins, he liked Gabrielle. She was a great friend to him and was just a good person.
"Hermione!" Gabrielle called, throwing her arms around her neck, "How are you love?"
"I'm fine, thank you." She smiled at her friend.
She nodded then saw Dumbledor start walking towards the podium. She got up and waved to them then walked over to the Slytherin table were she sat beside her friends Scarlet Gomez and Ryan Holmes.
"Gabi," Scarlet whispered under Dumbledor's voice, "Were you over at the show off table?"
Gabrielle rolled her eyes and listened to the Professor. She hated being in Slytherin sometimes. They all thought they were better than everyone else when they really weren't. She was just happy that her father was happy with her.
After finishing her meal, Gabrielle walked down to the dungeons with Ulilex following close behind. She had sweet thoughts in her mind as she stumbled upon Draco and his gang.
"Ah, Gabrielle," Draco said, taking her hand and giving it a kiss, "I've been waiting for you."
The girl smiled at the blonde and laughed softly, "Hello, Draco."
She kept on walking and sat down on the black couches in the Slytherin common room. Ulilex hopped up and sat in her lap, purring quietly. Draco sat beside her, throwing his arm around her shoulders, earning an eye roll from her.
"Mr. Malfoy, I would highly appreciate it if you would get your arm away from my daughter."
Draco jumped up.
"I'm sorry, Professor." He shuddered and ran off to the boy dorms.
Gabrielle giggled as she watched Draco run. He looked like a little girl. She looked at her Father and crossed her arms over her chest.
"You didn't have to do that," She told him, standing up, "I could've handled it."
Snape mimicked her and crossed his arms over his chest.
"I don't care what you think, Gabrielle. Now go upstairs and get some rest. Classes start tomorrow."
She huffed and walked up the stairs, Ulilex following close behind. She hated the way her father treated her. She wasn't a little kid anymore. She collapsed on her bed and groaned into her pillow.
"Daddy being unfair?" Scarlet giggled.
Gabrielle stuck out her tongue at her, giving her the finger. She really didn't know why she was friends with such a bitch, but she needed someone, right? She sighed and looked at the moving pictures of her and all her friends from the other two years she was at Hogwarts. Everyone made fun of her for many reason. One being that she was Severus Snape's daughter. Two being she would hang out with kids from other houses. Three being that she was adopted. None of the Slytherins knew if she were pureblood. All they knew was that she was a Veela, which meant she had this beauty that boys awed over and girls were jealous of. She really should've gone to a different school because of it, but because of her father, she wanted to attend Hogwarts. But sometimes she wished she had gone to a different school. Her father was way too controlling.
One year later

It seemed like Gabrielle's fourth year was starting the same as last year. But all the boys weren't paying attention to her anymore. An all Veela girl school came for a visit, along with an all boy school. There was gonna be a Triwizard Tournament going on this year. It sounded pretty exciting.
"Gabrielle," Harry whispered as she daydreamed about what it would be like.
They were currently in Potions with Snape. She looked at Harry with a small smile on her face. She had been doodling on her parchment instead of taking notes.
"Hmm?"
Harry looked up to make sure Snape was in his office, "What do you think about the Tournament?"
She smiled and closed her eyes, "I think it's so exciting!"
Ron chuckled and nodded towards Harry, "If there wasn't an age limit, Harry would be the one to win."
"Nah, I've already got eternal glory wither I like it or not," Harry said with a groan.
Gabrielle knew that he hated all the attention for something he doesn't remember. But he has to live with it. She patted his back, rubbing it gently. Harry was her friend and she was gonna be there for him. After a moment, Gabrielle went back to doddling on her parchement. Then she was hit in the head with something small and light weight. She turned in her seat to see Draco smirking at his table. She picked up the paper and uncrumbled it to reveal a moving cartoon of Draco and herself holding hands and kissing. She shook her head and crumbled the paper back up. Draco had it bad for Gabrielle. She felt so bad too. She knew that most of it was just the Veela speaking but there was no changing his mind.
After Potions let out, Gabrielle, Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked to the Great Hall for Studying with Professor McGonagall. They all sat together, causing some people to sneer and glare. Gabrielle really didn't care though, she never did.
"So, what was that note?" Hermione asked, leaning towards her a bit.
Gabrielle giggled and handed the crumbled up piece of paper to her. Hermione, Harry, and Ron all gathered around the moving picture and laughed aloud, drawing attention to them.
"Wow," Ron laughed, "Just, wow."
Harry looked at Gabrielle and place a hand on her shoulder, "He's got it bad for you."
Gabrielle sighed and nodded, "I know. I feel bad."
She put her head in her arms on the table and huffed.
"Excuse me."
Gabrielle lifted her head to see Fleur Delacour. She was one of the Veela girls visiting.
"Bloody hell." Ron whispered.
"Uh, yes?" Gabrielle asked.
Fleur sat down and smiled at her, "Gabrielle, are you Veela?"
She nodded her head, afraid of what would come afterwards. She already knew that they were going to start asking questions now.
"Yes, but I'm staying at Hogwarts."
Fleur giggled, raising her hand to her lips. She twirled a piece of her blonde hair in her hand.
"I'm not asking you to leave," She said, "I was just asking."
"Oh. Didn't you enter the Tournament?"
"Yes."
"That's so cool. I would've entered it, but I'm too young."
Fleur and Gabrielle talked for a little while longer until Fleur's friends dragged her away.
"Wow, she's beautiful." Ron mumbled, walking her walk away.
Hermione rolled her eyes and went back to reading her book.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! :)
I have chapters two and three written already, so comment and the next one will be up!