Status: comments are the thing that helps me keep going.

Rolling in the Deep

3. Bath Time

Chapter Three

Three months later

Gabrielle found Harry sitting under a tree with his head in his hands. He had a blanket over his lap.
It had gotten a bit cold so she was dressed in a nice warm sweater and a pair of black boots. Her grey socks were poking out, stopping right below the knee. She had her normal school skirt and white button up under her sweater.
"Hey, Harry." She whispered, sitting next to him, pulling the blanket over her legs.
He smiled at his friend weakly. He had already gone through the first task which was fighting a dragon for a golden egg. He almost didn't make it, but he did. Now he had this golden egg that he didn't know what to do with.
"How ya holding up?" She asked taking out her book.
He eyed the book but responded, "Eh, could be better. What book is that?"
She smiled at him and nodded it to him. She was almost done with it. She hadn't told anyone about it. Not even Snape. Dumbledor had told her that she was killed right after she gave birth to Gabrielle.
"My mum wrote it," She paused, "My real mum. Dumbledor gave it to me."
Harry looked up at her with a surprised look. He really didn't ask about Snape being her father or her reall parents. He knew what it was like to not know. He smiled softly and looked at the picture on the back.
"Beautiful isn't she?" She asked smiling.
Harry nodded, "So is her daughter."
She laughed and shoved his shoulder with hers. Harry was probably the only person that she could relate to. He knew what it felt like to have the other kids to tell you that you are a freak.
"Harry."
Harry and Gabrielle's head both looked at the source of what was talking. It was Cedric Digory.
"Hello, Cedric." Harry spoke, standing from the tree.
Cedric looked down at the girl then back up at Harry. He seemed kinda jumpy. He pulled Harry away from the tree and whispered something to him. After a few minutes Cedric walked away, leaving Harry standing there with a confused face. Gabrielle stood and folded up the blanket and walked over to him.
"What was that about?" She asked.
"The egg. He said something about water, or something?" He said confused.
Gabrielle thought for a moment. Dumbledor said that he needed someone to help him and be there for him. She put a finger to her lips as thoughts ran through her mind.
"Wait," she yelled, "Didn't the egg just scream when you opened it?"
Harry nodded, still obviously confused. Gabrielle giggled and handed him the blanket and started walking but stopped and came back.
"Meet me in the third floor girls' bathroom tonight at 10:00," She said, "Oh,bring the egg."
She ran off to the castle. She spotted Draco leaning against the giant door to the Great Hall. He whistled at her and walked along side of her.
"Hey, Draco." She spoke.
He threw his arm around her shoulders as they walked to the common room.
"Why don't we go hang out around the common room?" He asked with a smirk.
She sighed and pulled his arm from around her, "I'm sorry, Draco but I have plans."
He stopped walking a little hurt but didn't show it on his pale face. The look on his face was angry.
"Why?" He asked, "Hanging out with Potter?"
Gabrielle looked back at him and shrugged, "Maybe. Why is it important?"
She kept on walking, Draco picking up speed to walk beside her again. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets as he watched his feet.
"Because I think you could do better."
She glanced at him, "He's not my boyfriend. You know that. But, who do you think would be better for me?"
"Someone, anybody but Potter is better for you." He said.
"So, I could go for one of the Weasley twins and you wouldn't be mad?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.
He bit his lip in frustration, "No! Those two are just all fun and no work!"
She shook her head, "I'm gonna say this again," She cleared her throat, "For the millionth time, I, Gabrielle Snape, do not have a boyfriend."
She then walked to the girls' room and plopped on her bed. Ulilex was curled on the pillow, sound asleep. She smiled at the cat and stroked her back. Gabrielle stood up and grabbed a change of clothes to take with her to the bathroom later that night. She was a little excited. She wanted to know if her theory was right, which she was almost positive she was.
A few hours passed the clock in no time. At 9:55, Gabrielle snuck out of the Slytherin common room and to the third floor girls' bathroom. When she stepped inside, the first that caught her eye was the giant bathtub on the far right. She smiled set her stuff down on the floor and took her shoes and socks off. She tied her long, black hair back in a ponytail before hearing the door open.
"Gabi?"
"Over here, Harry." She spoke sitting down on the ground.
Harry walked over to her and sat beside her. He dropped the egg in her lap with a thud. She stared at it for a moment then sprung up, throwing it back to him. She turned the faucets on, making surprisingly very little noise. She smiled at the bubbles forming in the large bathtub, then unbuttoned her shirt, throwing it over to her other stuff.
"Uh, what are you doing?" Harry asked, looking at her.
She rolled her eyes, "Just, take your clothes off."
She pulled her skirt off then slowly got in the water. She looked over at Harry who had been watching her, while trying to take his clothes off, while carrying the egg. Once he finally got in the water with nothing but boxers on, he gave her the egg.
"Now, Cedric said something about water. So we're bringing the egg to water. Understand?" She told him.
He stared at her confused. She rolled her eyes and went underwater, hoping he would follow her, which he did. She opened the egg and the most beautiful song filled their ears.
"Come seek us where our voices sound
we cannot sing above the ground.
An hour long you'll have to look
to recover what we took."

Gabrielle closed the egg and pushed herself up for air. She set the egg on the side and smiled to herself. Harry came up and looked at the wall in front of him.
"There's not mermaids in the black lake, is there?" He asked.
She shrugged, "I don't know, but we're gonna need Hermione for this one."
He nodded and sighed, leaning his head back, looking at the ceiling. Gabrielle smiled and splashed him with water a few times.
"Will you stop that?!" He shouted at her, making her jump.
She cowarded down, "Sorry.."
Nothing else was said as she got out of the tub and dried off her body. She wrapped a towel around her body and set a another towel on top of his clothes. She slid down agaist the wall and sat, staring at her feet. This is what Dumbledor was talking about. He needed someone there for him when he was stressed out. Harry soon got out and stopped to look at the towel. A small smile was visible on his face as he wrapped it around his body.
"Hey, I'm sorry for yelling at you." He said, sitting beside her.
She shrugged, "You're stressed out, Harry. You're only human for being frustrated."
"It gives me no reason to be an arse, though."
Gabrielle giggled softly as she looked up at him, meeting his eyes. She had just realized how close their faces were. Harry's eyes flickered down to her lips, then back up at her eyes. Then slowly, their eyes closed and their lips touched. As soon as they did touch, Gabrielle placed her hand on the back on his head, keeping his head in place. Harry's hand touched her thigh softly, then smoothed up to her side. When Gabrielle realized what was happening, she pulled away and stared at him.
"Did that.. really just happen?" She asked the air.
Harry still had his hand on her hip, but softly moved it away. He was in a daze. He didn't know what to think at the moment. Neither one of them had ever thought about each other in that way before. And now they kiss and they're confused.
"I should go," She said standing up and throwing on some clothes. She pulled on her boots and grabbed her other belongings. Harry stood and had put on his uniform. He awkwardly looked at her then pulled her in a hug.
"Thanks for tonight." He said then corrected himself, "I mean, thanks for helping tonight."
There was a small blush on his cheeks as Gabrielle laughed. She raised on her tiptoes and pecked his cheek.
"Bye, Harry." She waved and skipped out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment for the next chapter!