Status: comments are the thing that helps me keep going.

Rolling in the Deep

5. Mermaids, Snogging, and Snape! Oh My!

Chapter Five

When she walked into the Great Hall, Gabrielle was immediately pushed back out by Harry and Hermione. George was following behind, giving her a smile.
"Awh, come on!" She shouted. "I don't even get to eat?"
"You should've came down here earlier," Hermione giggled, dragging Gabrielle's left arm.
She sighed softly, letting them drag her off to the library. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, that hugged her curves nicely. Her long black sleeves kept her warm inside the castle. She also wore a pair of navy blue converse.
When they got there, there wasn't many people there. Only a few students sat in a few desks, probably recovering from all nighters. Hermione and Harry let Gabrielle go as they looked around for a book about the Black Lake and its history. Gabrielle yawned and spotted two chairs in the corner of the aisle. She curled up in one of the chairs, closing her eyes.
"Still tired, eh?" George said, sitting in the other chair.
She opened her eyes and nodded. She sat up right in the chair. She put her elbow on the chair rest, nearest to George, and put her cheek in her hand.
"And hungry," She told, truthfully.
She heard him chuckle. George always made her feel important. He would laugh at her jokes and make sure she's alright when she was down. She smiled over at the Weasley.
"You know what?" She asked. "You always make me feel amazing."
Geroge smiled at her, leaning towards her, "You make me feel amazing too. How about that?"
She giggled softly, her eyelids growing lazy and tired. When her eyes finally did close, she heard a loud slam echo through her ears. She jotted up straight, opening her eyes. Hermione had slammed a large book onto the table next to her.
"Good Lord, Hermione!" She shouted, eyeing the book.
A chuckled was heard from George, but earned a glare from Hermione. She pulled a chair up to the table and opened it up, reading bits, here and there. Harry was slowly making his way towards them, looking pretty tired himself. After a while of silence, Hermione made a sort of, squealing noise. She threw her arm in the air in triumphant, then phlled Harry near the book.
"Read," She demanded.
"Mermaids have known to live outside of the castle in the Black Lake. Mermaids are vicious creatures if you encounter. It has been said that Mermaids were used in wizardry medieval trials to test faithfulness of Princes towards desired Princesses. The mermaids would take a person of importance and would use magic to isolate their breathing and body movement. If one does not safe them within one hour, they will be killed or turned into a mermaid."
Everyone listened closely then looked at Harry. He was still looking at the page, with a questioning look.
"So, who are they going to take?" Gabrielle asked in a whisper.
Hermione shrugged, "That's the least of worries right now. Harry needs to find out how he is going to be underwater for an hour."
Gabrielle didn't know how long they sat there, just thinking. They didn't have classes, for it was Saturday. Finally, Hermione told them to go get food if they were hungry. So, Harry, Gabrielle, and George walked from the library in silence.
"Hey, Harry," Ron called from his seat. " How'd it go?"
Harry shrugged, sitting down, "Good, not great, but good."
Gabrielle collapsed on a seat, George sitting next her. She was so tired, that she wasn't even hungry. She could feel an arm go around her waist, sending chills up her spin. She knew it was George. His fingers smoothed her hip, tracing odd shapes and drawings.
"Hey, wanna go walk around with me?" George asked in her ear.
She smiled, "Sure."
The two stood up and strolled out of the Great Hall. They walked for a while until George said, "So what color are we looking at?"
"Huh?"
"For your dress silly!" George laughed.
"Oh!"
She thought for a moment. What color did she want? Silver? White? Pink? Teal? She brought a finger to her chin as she thought.
"I'm not sure," She said. "Can you even dance?"
George stopped walking and looked at her like she had just told him that Quidditch was the stupidest thing on earth.
"Can I dance?" He put a hand on his chest and looked around. "Can I dance?"
He started by making an upbeat noise from the back of his throat. It sounded like club music and before Gabrielle's eyes, George Weasley was dancing. He was swinging his arms and legs around in circulation motions.
Gabrielle let out a laugh and grabbed a hold of his upper arms. He and she were both laughing.
"That's not what I meant," She said in a matter-of-fact kind of voice.
George smiled, "I know." He wrapped his right arm gently around her waist, as his left hand grasped hers tightly. The two dance to their own, soft melody that seemed to be playing magically around them. George's eyes danced around Gabrielle's face, taking in all her features. She was a beautiful girl, but then again, she was a Veela.
Gabrielle let out a giggled as he turned her around at arms-length. He pulled her back in to him; her hand landed on his chest. Her hair whipped back and landed across her pale face. Their faces were so close that she felt a little light-headed. George leaned and, inch by inch, closed the gap between the two.
The music erupted inside her head, like a full blown orchestra. Butterflies tickled her insides, making everything tickle from the ends of her fingers, to the tips of her toes. Even though it had only been her second kiss, she knew that, that was how it was supposed to feel.
Their lips moved together in a rhythmic motion. Once they were satisfied, the two teens pulled away, their foreheads touching. Gabrielle's restless breath mixed with his.
"Wow," She managed to say. "You felt that right?"
His eyes remained closed, a smile on his face. "Yep."
"Gabrielle!"
Gabrielle's whole body stiffened. The voice was icey cold, and had pure anger dripping from the words. She detached herself from George and turned slowly to see a fourth year blond standing with her hands on her hips and her feet planted firmly on the floor.
"Scarlet," Gabrielle let out an air of relief. "I thought you were a teacher!"
Scarlet stomped over to the other Slytherin and pulled her away from George with much force.
"What are you doing with him?"
Gabrielle then understood. She pulled her arm from the hold of Scarlet's grasp and folded her arms over her chest.
"Is it any of your business?" Gabrielle asked, stepping back towards the redhead.
Scarlet looked anything but happy for the girl. "It's bad enough that you're going to the Ball with him!" She shouted at her. "Now you are found in the halls, snogging with him?! You're nothing but a little slut! You lead people on then shut them down like they're trash! And when you do settle for someone, it's him! A Gryffindor! A Weasley!"
A loud smack echoed throughout the hall that the three occupied.
Gabrielle's hand stung from the contact she had forced upon Scarlet's cheek, but the anger stung even more. It had boiled up to the point that her whole body was shaking. Her breathing was heavy as her eyebrows formed together in anger. Scarlet scurried away from Gabrielle in a hurry, worrying that she would do something worse.
"Bloody hell."
Gabrielle and George turned around. It seemed the whole Gryffindor and Slytherin houses were standing there, watching the scene. In the front, stood Draco who looked completely heart broken.
The large crowd separated at the middle when someone shouted, "Out of the way!" Gabrielle gulped. It was her father. When he and Scarlet emerged from the crowd, her face went even more pale than its natural color. Snape's eyes darted from his daughter to George, then back to his daughter.
"You three, in my office. Now."
There was a sickening feeling growing inside her stomach as Gabrielle followed her father into his dark, damp office. It was small. The stone floor and walls made the room cold, and every word bounced off of the walls.
"What has happened here?" He asked in a chilling voice.
"Gabrielle slapped me!" Scarlet screeched.
Gabrielle glared at her, "Only because she called me a slut and was making fun of George!"
"Oh please!"
George and Snape both sat in silence, watching and listening to the girls fight and bicker. Neither of them were really paying attention until Scarlet shouted something that made the room go silent.
"At least I'm not snogging a Weasley!"
Gabrielle's face went red around the cheeks. She slowly looked at her father, whose jaw had dropped. He stood up and flung open the door.
"Weasley, Gomez, leave at once," His voice was barley above a whisper.
They slowly got up and left the room without another word.
"Dad I-"
"No," He interrupted. "Don't say a word."
Gabrielle was taken back from the way his voice came out. He had never yelled at her like this before. It was almost frightening.
"So you're spending your weekends snogging that Weasley? I thought I taught you better." He paced around the chair as Gabrielle stared at the wall, infront of her. "I'm going to tell you this, and I'm going to tell you this only once. He doesn't care about your feelings, Gabrielle. He only wants one thing from you. Something that he could easily get from an innocent fourth year like yourself.
"He doesn't take anything seriously, and he won't take your relationship or feelings seriously. He's a joke to you. He's a joke to me. He's a joke to everyone around him. And he's a joke to himself. He will not be able to love or care for you after he's done. So you better stop this nonsense at once."
Snape found his chair again and sat down, writing on, what looked like, essays. He didn't look at the girl again.
"That is all. You may leave," He said, with a flick of his wrist.
Gabrielle's face was drenched in tears. They weren't sad tears, but angry tears. She slowly stood from the chair and turned on her heels to escape the cold, dark room.
When she stepped foot outside of the classroom, she started running. She ran without looking up from her feet. So many thoughts swirled through her mind as she pushed pass students and even a few teachers. Her tears were hot as they rolled down her chin down the white buttom up.
When she was outside, she stopped. She looked up at the sky. It was dark out then and look as if it were to rain. She sat in the grass, as the rain started to pour onto her fragile, shaking body. How could he say that? It was like he didn't even care about her; he didn't even love her. He just cared about his reputation at that stupid school.
"Rain leads to colds, my dear."
Her head whipped around to see Dumbledor with an umbrella floated above his head.
"Why don't you come inside?" He asked, helping the soaking girl up. "You can come to my office and have a mug of hot chocolate."
She nodded and followed the headmaster into the castle and out of the pouring rain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?
Is this story any good?
:/