Status: comments are the thing that helps me keep going.

Rolling in the Deep

8. Trouble

Chapter Eight

Gabrielle and George continued their relationship even if her father hadn't approved. She really didn't care anymore. She was still angry at him for slapping her and being angry with her. It wasn't her fault that she fell in love with a Gryffindor. He was all people should know that.
She had known for a while that he was in love with Harry's mother. That's why her middle name was Lily. She felt weird having the middle name, but she can't change it. It would seem wrong to do that. Every time Harry would mention his parents, Gabrielle wouldn't enter the conversation, afraid of letting it slip that she was named after his mother. She didn't know why, but it just seemed extremely weird.
"Gabrielle," George growled in her ear.
The couple were in an empty classroom on a late Saturday night. Her back was pressed up against the cold wall, and his hands rested on her hips. Her lips were attached to his neck as his head was hovering over her shoulder.
"What?" She giggled.
She nibbled on his pale, soft skin, causing George to grip her hips tighter. She kissed the spot again before kissing his lips. Against them he muttered, "I love you, darling."
She pulled away with a smile, "I love you too, honey."
Their relationship was going great until they got into their first fight.
"Why were you with Malfoy?" George asked calmly.
She shrugged, "He told me had something to talk about."
"And that was?"
"I don't know, he never actually talked about what it was."
George looked at her with a dumbstruck look on his face, "Are you stupid or are you just lying to me?"
Gabrielle turned to look at him, her mouth slightly open from the shock. "What?" She turned her whole body facing him. "I'm not stupid and I'm not lying. He asked me if I would walk with him to class because he had something to talk about. And then we started walking and he never said what he wanted to talk about. We talked about the homework."
He crossed his arms over his chest, a fire burning in his eyes. "I don't believe you." He spat at her.
She flinched at the tone in his voice. She hugged her books closer to her body then turned on her heels. She started to walk away but paused and said, "Well why are you dating a liar then?"
She ran to the common room, tears threatening to fall. How dare he accuse her of cheating? When she slammed open the girls' dormitory, she threw herself onto her bed and cried into her pillow. So many thoughts ran through her mind like a hurricane destroying her good memories and times with George. He was her everything and that's what she gave him. Everything. For the first time, she was thinking that her father was actually right about George. But how could he be? He didn't know what it was like to kiss the one you loved. He was just a stalker.
George didn't realize what she meant until she had already left. Panic gushed through him, but he knew that he couldn't talk to her now. She was probably at her common room. He slummed against the wall and slid down it. He knew he messed up, but it was only normal to be jealous. It made him human, right? Well, it probably wasn't smart of him to yell and call her stupid. But he was angry at her, at Draco, at himself. He sighed sadly, then stalked off to his own common room.
After an hour of crying her eyes out, Gabrielle walked to the library to finish her homework. She picked a desk off in the back corner, not wanting anyone to see her upset. She pulled out her book, a piece of parchment, a bottle of ink, and a feather quill. She quickly dipped the quill into the ink then began her homework.
Just as she was finishing up, a girl that looked to be her own age, came stumbling by, a look of anger stuck on her face. She wore a set of Ravenclaw robes, with her long hair in two pig tails. Dark blue ribbons tied the hair together.
"Are you okay?" Gabrielle asked softly.
The Ravenclaw's head snapped to look at the voice. Her eyes and face softened.
"Yea, just fine," She said. "I'm Calix Bodaway, by the way." She offered her hand towards Gabrielle.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Gabrielle Snape."
"Oh, you're related to Snape? I'm sorry." She said, making Gabrielle to giggle.
She shrugged, "It's not all that bad."
The two girls sat for two hours talking and laughing. They learned everything about each other. Their interests, their favorite music, food, classes.
"So, why were you upset?" Gabrielle asked as they walked out of the library.
"Draco Malfoy. That's why."
Gabrielle giggled, "Let me guess, he was picking on you for some odd reason?"
She nodded, an annoyed look on her face. Apparently, he had been picking on her for a while. Gabrielle promised to talk to him about it. But they went to their own common rooms. When Gabrielle got back to her dormitory, there was a package on her bed. Confused, she looked around. The room was empty. She sat down and put it in her lap. She slowly unwrapped the brown paper to reveal a box. She slid the lid off. A single bright red rose was on the bottom of it, along with a letter.
"Gabi,
I'm sorry for what I said and what I did. I know that you were telling the truth, I just felt threatened by Draco. I hope you can understand that I don't think you're stupid and I want you to forgive me. If you do forgive me, meet me at the tunnel tomorrow morning so we can go to Hogsmead together. If not, I'll understand.
I love you,
George."
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is a little short, but I like it.
The new layout and banner. <3
Comments <3