Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Twelve

Trying to hide herself from the Irish Man’s gaze Megan realized it was no use. Meyers had spotted her and wouldn’t bring his blue eyes to look upon much else. With an expression of absolute satisfaction on his face, Meyers seemed to start serenading Megan from across the room.

Still innocent from the truth Rupert chuckled at the sight.

“I think the singer likes you, too bad your mine” Rupert chimed entangling his snowy fingers in between Megan’s tan ones.

Trying her best to ignore Meyers and give him no gratification Megan smiled back at Rupert and laid a soft kiss upon his thin pink lips. Mandy tried hard to ignore him as well, chatting about whatever came to mind just to hear her own voice and not the slurred singing one behind her.

“So the Artic Monkeys huh?” Mandy sneered at Rupert. She had no taste for such Indie bands her favorite was classic rock.

Wrapping his arm around Mandy Ted chuckled getting ready for a debate to begin.

“They’re my favorite actually” Rupert replied not noticing Mandy’s stink eye towards him.

Megan was in and out of a daze not hearing much of the debate that started in around her. She was only praying that Meyers wouldn’t find his way over to her and mess things up worse than they already were. It was then Megan found renewed anxiety building up inside her and had to excuse herself from the group’s dinner.

“I’ll be right back, just need to go poddy” Megan said producing a fake smile before heading to the bathroom. She needed to get herself back in order so not to worry Rupert her mind still swelling with worries.

I’m not sure if I’ll tell Rupert after all Megan thought to herself looking into the bathroom mirror. Megan’s appearance was still as beautiful as she left it in her own bedroom mirror, her hair flat and straight while her makeup had been done seamlessly.

Megan knew she didn’t have it in her to tell Rupert what had gone one between Meyers and herself. She also knew she’d never do it again, so maybe it was best this way.

She was so indecisive though. Megan wished shed never laid eyes on those sultry full lips, maybe then she wouldn’t be in this mess.

Walking back out into the bar with a clear decision in mind Megan started back towards her booth. Megan had forgotten Meyers was even in the same building as her, until his arm grabbed her half way to her destination and pulled Megan into his built form.

“Well hey there blondie, you’re looking quite cute tonight” Meyers said casually grabbing around her waist.

Megan slipped loose to turn around into his blue eyes staring back at her. A drunken smirk was plastered behind his brown whiskers.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Megan said quite coldly, she didn’t want Rupert to see.

“Look let’s just make the wise decision and pick me” Meyers laughed and stumbled. It was apparent he drank too much for even him to handle.

About to reply back to the drunken actor Megan was interrupted by Mandy’s yells.

“Back the fuck off her lizard boy or I’ll give you another lazy eye!” Mandy screamed in a rage Megan had never seen her in.

“Oh great it’s you again, can’t you mind your own business?” Meyers replied back smirking at her.

Poking her finger in Meyers’s face Mandy yelled once more. “I told you to leave so you better fucking do it.”

Getting quite enraged from the constant finger in his face Meyers began to scream as well all while stumbling to keep his balance.

“Get your stubby finger out of my face woman or I’ll hurt you” Meyers shouted pulling his arm back as if he was going to hit Mandy. Megan was just about to pounce when yet another voice entered the fight.

“Don’t you dare raise your hand at a lady!” Ted bellowed. His beard covered face was becoming red with anger. Without a second more Mandy’s hairy companion found himself between the two forming his hand into a fist and then popping Meyers square in the jaw.

The man that had once been all Megan dreamed for in a partner was now on the wood floor shrieking and bleeding. No one could tell exactly what he was saying with his slurred drunken speech entangled in his heavy Irish accent but it was nothing good probably.

Megan’s bright green eyes began to fill up with tears, everything happened so quickly it was only now she had time to breathe and realize what had went on before her, but it was then that a warm embrace held her tight from behind.

“It’s okay, don’t cry” Rupert whispered to Megan snuggling into her curves.

Megan finally felt peace for once tonight, being wrapped in Rupert’s manly arms. She looked around the bar, at Meyers still bleeding on the ground and at Mandy chuckling at the sight of him while her bearded hero held her tight.

I really do love my friends Megan thought to herself, showing her white teeth off for the first time since she’d cheated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like lizard boy Meyers finally got what he deserves. Am I right or am I right? :)