Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Seventeen

Sleepless nights followed Megan after the note. Megan just couldn’t seem to sleep with thoughts of Rupert finding out feeling her mind with unease. Not even Mandy’s words of advice seemed to help.

“Even if she did tell him, she has no proof. Why would Rupert believe her?” Mandy had exclaimed countless times before.

What was worse was the distance Megan felt with Rupert. It hadn’t been his fault but Megan couldn’t help getting anxious while with him. The thought of Rupert finding out wouldn’t let her rest. Imaging Rupert’s cute grin fade away when he found out the truth tore at her, seeing the light leave his blue green eyes was the furthest thing Megan wanted.

It had been three tiresome days without a word from the obsessed fan girl and Megan was becoming weary of just the thought of Kat. Was she even planning on telling him? If so when?

These thoughts danced throughout Megan’s mind until she couldn’t handle anymore. Megan had to be the mature adult and tell Rupert herself, even if it would hurt her to do so.

With agreement from her best friend Mandy, Megan made plans for her British red head to come to her New york flat so she could get this secret off her chest.

The anticipation ate at Megan’s stomach. She recited what to say in her head over and over but when the doorbell rang it all but vanished from her memory.

Opening the door Megan was greeted with a kiss before she even spoke. Rupert seemed to have a glow about him more than usual, which made telling him all the worse.

“Hello darling, what are the plans for tonight?” Rupert chimed sitting himself down in her burgundy sofa.

This is it. Just spit it out. It has to be done. Megan thought to herself admiring Rupert’s strong form for what could be the last time.

“I…I have to talk to you about something” Megan finally choked out quite meekly, tears already forming in her eyes.

The room suddenly wasn’t very light hearted anymore. Rupert’s grin left his face quite abruptly, as did the pink from his cheeks. He sat there in silence paler then a ghost with worry in his eyes. Finally he spoke.

“What is wrong?” He asked Megan without much emotion.

“I wish I didn’t have to tell you, but it’s only right…I have been, unfaithful.” Megan answered. She could taste the salt from her tears. “I’m so so sorry, I didn’t mean it”

The silence before Rupert spoke felt like an eternity to Megan, the tension could be cut with a knife. Megan almost hoped he'd forgive her so they could start fresh, but she knew it would never happen.

“I…Don’t think we should see each other anymore” Rupert finally spoke. There was no emotion behind his eyes.

Without as much as a glance towards Megan the Potter star left his former girlfriend behind in her doorway staring at his bright auburn hair for the last time, until he walked out of sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was bored today so I wanted to see if I could start this story back up. Sorry if I'm a little rusty.