Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Eighteen

Days more miserable then Megan had ever dreamed of followed after the breakup. Nothing seemed to make the ache in her heart stop, not even her friends.

Hours felt like days and days weeks, becoming more unbearable every minute that passed. Megan only worked and slept it seemed, a prison like state she made for herself turned into her life.

I deserve this, I should have never cheated Megan thought to herself.
Thoughts like these were all Megan’s mind wandered on, that and pure nothingness.

After a little less than two months Mandy was done watching her best friend bury herself in depression.

“Were going out tonight to have fun, to find you a man, or both I don’t care but were going” Mandy blurted out one night in Megan’s apartment.

All Megan wanted was to sit and watch the Tudors while eating the best comfort food there was, ben and jerry’s ice cream. She wasn’t ready to find happiness again, she’d ruin the night she was sure of it.

“No I don’t think I should. Besides I look like shit, it would take me all night to get ready” Megan said the first excuse that came to mind.

“Better start getting ready now then!” Mandy exclaimed “Look if it ends up you really don’t want to stay at the club I’ll bring you home but at least try”

Megan could see fighting wasn’t going to help, Mandy would drag her to the club if she had to and she had been at home for such a long time what was it going to hurt?

Getting ready wasn’t as long as a process that Megan had first thought, her hair was already manageable, she had fixed it for work only this morning. Putting a little wave with hairspray in her hair Megan followed off with dark eye liner around her bright green eyes.

The wardrobe of choice was a deep red cocktail dress. Strapless it showed off Megan’s tan shoulders and collarbone. Small embroidery followed at the edge enhancing at her brazier. Mandy kept it simple; her curly blond hair enveloping a plain blue dress.

“Ready? Cabs will be here soon!” Mandy chimed with a look of accomplishment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The two friends decided a new club would be sufficient, memories in any of the others wouldn’t do but entering the dance floor only made Megan’s stomach feel in knots. Beginning to feel like she made a mistake in coming she quickly pulled Mandy to her side.

“Let’s get a drink in us before I change my mind about being here” Megan half yelled into Mandy’s ear so her best friend could hear over the generic techno tunes blasting from the walls.

Ordering and now sipping on their mai tai’s Megan seemed to loosen up, but not too much as to leave Mandy’s side. Tonight was just to have fun with her and no one else. Megan had no plans to find someone to replace Rupert, not for a very long time.

After a while Mandy seemed anxious. “Aren’t you going to mingle like you always do?” she asked with a tone of curiosity.

“I don’t know. I don’t really want a man’s company right now” Megan answered.

“You don’t have to go home with a new boyfriend tonight, if that’s even manageable!” Mandy laughed. “Just go have some fun!”

Grabbing at Megan’s wrist Mandy pulled her to the center of the dance floor. Dancing beside her Mandy signaled for Megan to do the same. With plenty of cocktail drinks and even a few shots in her at this point Megan followed Mandy’s lead.

Dancing with Mandy and drinking her troubles away Megan finally found a smile plastered on her face once more, everyone else in the club seemed nonexistent.

That was until Megan felt a warm hand slide its way around her form and a body dancing along with her. It was too big and firm to be Mandy’s, it was a man’s...but who’s?
♠ ♠ ♠
yes...but who's?