Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Twenty

The awkward tension seemed all too much for Megan and felt like it lasted for eternity. She didn’t know what to say.

She was in love with Rupert, she knew this now but she had betrayed him and there wasn’t much worse than that...and now here he was speaking with her, but why?

“You know I don’t hate you right?...I could never hate you.” Rupert whispered that last bit, like he meant to mumble it to only himself.

“I…I’m so sorry” Megan half cried, she wanted to get it off her chest so bad. It had been months now since Rupert left her alone without any chance to explain her side to him.

Rupert only responded with a sympathetic stare. His warm caring eyes staring straight into her soul made Megan fill at home and uneasy all at once. He seemed at peace, more so then when he first heard of her unfaithfulness.

“I wish these kinds of things were simpler, but they are not. I still love you. I can’t get you out of my head” Rupert finally spoke with a sigh.

Megan couldn’t believe her ears. Was he going to give her a second chance?

“You never left mine either…” she whispered teary eyed. Their faces were hovering only inches apart now.

“Would…would you like to start fresh?” Rupert said with a smile forming on his lips.

All the horrible emotions Megan had been feeling these past months washed from her bones with that question. She couldn’t even answer with words, but with a kiss instead.

And in that kiss Megan never felt more at home. It wasn’t like any other kiss she ever had. Meyers and her past relationships…those kisses were bare and without love. Megan smiled at that, she finally knew what love was. This was it, and she’d never let it go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I never got to give this story a final chapter. Here it is! though its short I find it does the trick ;)