Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Six

Waking the next morning, Megan remembered what a mess she left last night in. Too many shots and lustful thinking fogged her good judgment. Though Mandy told her in a cruel way, she was right.

Megan had Rupert and he was everything she could ask for, wasn’t he?

Still Megan couldn’t get the thought of those lustful full lips out of her mind. Rupert was a handsome man in his own way, with his disheveled auburn hair contrasting with his snowy white skin and his blue green eye’s smiling at Megan constantly.

So why wasn’t it enough? Meyer’s seemed to have the extra something Megan’s body longed for, the very thought of him gave her chill bumps; let alone what the sight of him did to her.

Megan knew it was wrong though, Meyer’s was almost twice her age, not to mention an alcoholic. Not like Mandy would let her forget that. The passion could only go so far until the two realized they had nothing in common.

Rupert on the other hand was Megan’s age, and a true gentleman. Megan knew common sense lead to picking him; she just wished her heart felt the same, or maybe her lady parts? She wasn’t so sure.

Comparing the two men did nothing to help in the end. Mandy had already ran Meyer’s out of the club in somewhat of a rage, why would he want to come back?

I guess we’ll see where this Rupert thing will go Megan thought out loud. Mandy always has a sixth sense about men anyway, if she say’s Rupert’s better, I could at least see where it goes…

Heading to the kitchen for a little breakfast Megan’s cellphone began to blare “This is love” by Haddaway. Immediately she knew it was Mandy, the song was from their favorite movie Night at the Roxbury. Her head slightly bobbed back and forth from sheer habit.

Picking up her phone, Megan couldn’t even get a hello in from Mandy jabbering on the other end.

“Look I’m super sorry about last night! I don’t like saying I was wrong, and well technically I wasn’t but I know I went about it wrong. I shouldn’t have yelled at you right in front of him. If it makes you feel better he was probably so drunk he doesn’t remember a lick of it” Mandy exclaimed.

“I know, I know. I was mad about it last night, but you know I can’t stay mad at you for long. In the end you’re probably right. I can get much more from being with Rupert, and I mean he is quite delicious himself” Megan giggled at that last comment.

“Oh SICK, but good! I was scared you’d never forgive me, but you’ll see...that ginger is still more man than Meyers could ever be” Mandy replied.

“Look, lets lay off the Meyers comments for right now. Anyway I got to get ready for work as I’m sure you need to too. I’ll see you later.” Megan said before closing her cellphone.

Finishing her muffin and water she walked to her bathroom. The usual process began of showering, brushing her teeth, straitening her hair, and putting on makeup until she looked presentable by her own opinion.

Sticking her hair into a bun Megan slipped into a comfortable teal blouse and gray skirt that fitted to her knee. Slipping on some black wedges, she inspected herself one last time in the mirror before slipping out her cellphone once more.

Megan had gotten Rupert’s number the last time they saw each other she remembered so decided a little text was in order.

Hey, It’s Megan. I’m missing that smile of yours already
Let’s meet after I get off of work at around seven? ;)


Sliding her phone back into her purse Megan set off for work, hoping it wouldn’t be too boring.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Work had been like any other day, so Megan was happy to be out of there. Sitting in her car Megan urgently grabbed for her cellphone. She wanted to see if Rupert had replied. He had.

I’m glad you texted, my minds been on nothing but you.
I’ll pick you up at eight; I want to bring you out somewhere special.


Megan couldn’t help but swim with excitement from Rupert’s text message. Meyers seemed to be turning into a distant memory more and more.

Megan got back to her flat quickly enough, wanting to get ready for where ever Rupert was to take her. Another dress seemed in order; Megan loved them too much to say no.

She decided on a deep burgundy dress for this particular night. Nothing to specular like on the red carpet but beautiful in its own light. With straps the silk dress fit Megan’s curvy form perfectly.

Megan wore her most expensive necklace; adorned in diamonds with a small ruby in the center it completed her dress flawlessly. Slipping on her cutest high heels she headed to a mirror to curl her hair.

Working on small finishing touches Megan heard a knock at her door, with a spring in her step she headed for it to let Rupert in.

Opening the door with quite a large smile on her face Megan looked up at the man that had been knocking. Her smile was quickly replaced with a queasy feeling in her stomach.

It had not been Rupert at the door.

Megan had no idea how he had come to find out where she lived or why he was even here for that matter, but it was Jonathan Rhys Meyers’s bright blue eyes staring back at Megan from her doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah you read that right. The Irish shit is back for more. Intense much? I'd say so.